The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'm not believing all this Dick Campbell pish. I could think of plenty better candidates and if they are wanting to hire a manager to bring on the U20 players then Campbell shouldn't even be considered. I'm still hoping for Danny Lennon

I reckon the whole Campbell rumour is so that when an appointment is made, the fans will be underwhelmed but 'at least it's not Dick Campbell'. Then again the same people who fell for Gary Locke hook, line and sinker would appear to have been entrusted to appoint the next manager.

41 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

I reckon the whole Campbell rumour is so that when an appointment is made, the fans will be underwhelmed but 'at least it's not Dick Campbell'. Then again the same people who fell for Gary Locke hook, line and sinker would appear to have been entrusted to appoint the next manager.

Who else did you think would be doing it this time James?

I offered but they said no.

Edited by Scottydog
drunk!

If it is Campbell, which I doubt it will be. Then it is clear the board have learnt nothing from the past season.

I would love an announcement tomorrow just so we can get away from all the silly rumours.

Whoever we appoint won't be to everyone's liking but as long as they come in and build a competent squad of players who can win games I'll back them.

2 hours ago, RR #1 said:

I'm not believing all this Dick Campbell pish. I could think of plenty better candidates and if they are wanting to hire a manager to bring on the U20 players then Campbell shouldn't even be considered. I'm still hoping for Danny Lennon

Look,Young and tha board can bang on about hiring a manager that,ll use/ bring in our youngsters all they want,a board who virtually gave away Bates.Irrespective of who's appointed they,ll only play the youngsters if they deem them good enough

Edited by Rovers_Lad

Who else did you think would be doing it this time James?

I offered but they said no.

I heard they couldn't afford you! [emoji16]

It wouldn't be the entire board who did the interviews - most likely the CEO and two others. They would then make recommendations to the board, but it would be difficult for the other directors to go against the recommendation, given they weren't at the interviews.
I had forlornly hoped that those who were responsible for recommending Locke may have had the good grace to stand aside this time and let those not involved last year do the interviews.
It's frightening that Gary Locke and potentially Dick Campbell even made it onto a shortlist.

If it is Campbell, which I doubt it will be. Then it is clear the board have learnt nothing from the past season.

Can i ask why?

Gary Locke has been a complete failure everywhere he's been.

Dick Campbell has been a success at most of his clubs.

At every club apart from Dunfermline, He's won more games than he's lost. I don't want a manager that's going to be here for the next 3/4 years. Give me a manager that's only going to be here 12 months if he's going to get us out of this league. That's the priority. We can't be in this league in the 2018/2019 season. Especially if we want to remain full time.

After thinking about it over the last few days since he was mentioned, I've decided I'll happily take Campbell.

What's people got against him?

That he's a townie? Darren Young is also a townie.

That he openly admits he loves Rangers? Most manager's support one of the old firm teams.

That he's what you would consider "an old dinosaur"? Everybody wanted Yogi in February. Somebody has mentioned Mixu this time round. Quite a few people have mentioned bringing McGlynn back. These are all what you would consider as "old dinosaurs" as well.

Who gives a f**k about any of that as long as the new manager gets us out this league at the first time of asking, which has just got a lot harder after yesterday's events in Alloa.

Queens are interested in McManus apparently

Started the season well but when the Rovers form dipped, he was one of the worst players on the park at times. Can't fault his effort but nothing was coming off for him. I'm sure he went from the 4-2 win away to Falkirk in October until the 3-2 loss away to Hibs towards the end of April without scoring a league goal. His only goal in that time was the 85th minute equaliser in the Home cup game with Hearts in January.

But since that game, He scored 4 goals in his last 5 games so was starting to come into a bit of form. I would take him back for League One but wouldn't go near him for the Championship.

Started the season well but when the Rovers form dipped, he was one of the worst players on the park at times. Can't fault his effort but nothing was coming off for him. I'm sure he went from the 4-2 win away to Falkirk in October until the 3-2 loss away to Hibs towards the end of April without scoring a league goal. His only goal in that time was the 85th minute equaliser in the Home cup game with Hearts in January.

But since that game, He scored 4 goals in his last 5 games so was starting to come into a bit of form. I would take him back for League One but wouldn't go near him for the Championship.
that doesn't fill me with too much confidence other than he scored 4 in his last 5

that doesn't fill me with too much confidence other than he scored 4 in his last 5

Looking at your thread, it's not Declan that you're interested in? The McManus that's mentioned in the Queens thread is he boy that you had on loan from Celtic towards the end of the season just passed..? Connor McManus, I think his name is?

Looking at your thread, it's not Declan that you're interested in? The McManus that's mentioned in the Queens thread is he boy that you had on loan from Celtic towards the end of the season just passed..? Connor McManus, I think his name is?

Oh my bad didn't see him play that much i thought we were after you're lots McManus

Can i ask why?

At every club apart from Dunfermline, He's won more games than he's lost. I don't want a manager that's going to be here for the next 3/4 years. Give me a manager that's only going to be here 12 months if he's going to get us out of this league. That's the priority. We can't be in this league in the 2018/2019 season. Especially if we want to remain full time.

After thinking about it over the last few days since he was mentioned, I've decided I'll happily take Campbell.

That he openly admits he loves Rangers? Most manager's support one of the old firm teams.

That he's what you would consider "an old dinosaur"? Everybody wanted Yogi in February. Somebody has mentioned Mixu this time round. Quite a few people have mentioned bringing McGlynn back. These are all what you would consider as "old dinosaurs" as well.

Who gives a f**k about any of that as long as the new manager gets us out this league at the first time of asking, which has just got a lot harder after yesterday's events in Alloa.

So you won't be "amazed" if it's not Easton anymore?

Fickle bunch us lot eh...

Why on earth are you all still believing this Campbell chat? You realize he's on a one year rolling deal, so you'll be shelling out another years salary, as small as it may seem??

It'll be someone out of contract surely.

Can i ask why?

You seem to have quoted me but put a hell of a lot of words in my mouth there.

I have personally trained under dick Campbell in the past and wouldn't wish his style upon the club I support. It has nothing to do with his record.

He's a lower league manager that should be a Jr manager at best!

It also goes against what young said about looking for someone who will use youth players and be here for the next 4/5 years.

That's my reasons.

You seem to have quoted me but put a hell of a lot of words in my mouth there.

I have personally trained under dick Campbell in the past and wouldn't wish his style upon the club I support. It has nothing to do with his record.

He's a lower league manager that should be a Jr manager at best!

It also goes against what young said about looking for someone who will use youth players and be here for the next 4/5 years.

That's my reasons.

Fair enough. I quoted you and the first question was the only part that was directed towards you..

The rest was giving my opinion on why a lower league manager who's had a fair amount of success in the seaside leagues over the years, could be decent for 1 season for us. I'm not looking into what Young said in his interview. He was just telling us what we wanted to hear.