The New Raith Rovers Thread

8 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Think I'll wait and see who we're playing first!

£24 is a disgrace too.

Maybe wait and see score from 1st leg as well. 

4 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Better still just cut out the middle man. Either wait until we're knocked out to moan, or when we get promoted moan about any number of issues that brings you. 

26 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

£24 is a disgrace too.

With the SPFL taking a large chunk of all play off gate receipts, the club is between a rock and a hard place IMO

50 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

£24 is a disgrace too.

Yeah these "Category A" games are a nightmare.....

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

£24 is a disgrace too.

2 hours ago, Raithie said:

Jesuschristalmighty.....some folk....

I'm happy to pay £24 rather than have my season finish on Friday night. We need to sell out the home allocation including the Railway stand.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Youngmcnaughtleigh said:

How did you manage that?

When clicking on buy tickets message comes up either not available or it's Arbroath tickets

6 hours ago, grumswall said:

Had that issue, quick dm to the club account on twitter and it was sorted out. 

Can always try logging in and out etc but that didn't work for me. 

Edited by grumswall

5 hours ago, pub car king said:

Better still just cut out the middle man. Either wait until we're knocked out to moan, or when we get promoted moan about any number of issues that brings you. 

2 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Jesuschristalmighty.....some folk....

My comment was directed and aimed at Ro Sham Bo (hence the quote reply to him) not what to do as a collective support 🤨.....Jesuschristalmighty...some folk...

54 minutes ago, Youngmcnaughtleigh said:

How did you manage that?

When clicking on buy tickets message comes up either not available or it's Arbroath tickets

Your Fanbase account has to be linked to your season ticket. If it's not, I think you can phone the office and they'll fix that for you.

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

My comment was directed and aimed at Ro Sham Bo (hence the quote reply to him) not what to do as a collective support 🤨.....Jesuschristalmighty...some folk...

That's what I was aiming at, not yourself

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

£24 is a disgrace too.

7 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

With the SPFL taking a large chunk of all play off gate receipts, the club is between a rock and a hard place IMO

Exactly...

Let's see. Minimum price for the Premiership/Championship Playoffs Quarters and Semi is £12, and £6 for concessions and children. The host club keeps 15% of the receipts (excluding VAT), then 42.5% (including VAT) goes to the SPFL. Additionally, 50% of the PPV revenue (excluding VAT), after cost deduction to pay the broadcaster, goes to the SPFL, and the minimum PPV charge is £12 plus VAT.

So lets try a wee bit of maths...

8,000 fans plus 500 PPV...fans average £20, PPV at perhaps £15 (absolute guess)...that's £160,000 + £7,500 = £167,500 x .8333 (removes VAT) = £139,578 x .15 (Rovers initial cut) = £20,937 initially to Rovers for their home match costs, assuming there are no RaithTV costs to cover, but not splitting out the VAT changes and contribution variance for the PPV as it likely washes. (Note to self, VAT totals £27,922)

Then we have £146,563 x .5 = £73,282 to the SPFL.

So £167,500 - (£27,922 + £20,937 + £73,282) = £45,359 left, giving the Rovers a total of £20,937 + £45,359 = £66,296 from a home playoff match at those prices. Halve the prices to the minimum allowed, and we'd get all of about £33,148.

Our average home attendance was 4,240...if we assume a £15 average ticket, plus 50 PPV at £10 (Raith TV is £20 a month, two home games on average), that's £63,600 + £500 = £64,100 x .8333 = £53,415 for the average home match income on a little more than half the crowd.

OK, so we're having to pay increased stewarding and policing costs for nearly double the crowd, and we're charging a price that means we will make about what we make off a normal home match...and you have the balls to complain!?

Edited by TxRover

10 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

For the younger generation, being able to select Rovers in FIFA is what it’s all about. Make it happen Rovers.

We have been out the Prem so long Fifa doesn’t even exist anymore! 

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Exactly...

Let's see. Minimum price for the Premiership/Championship Playoffs Quarters and Semi is £12, and £6 for concessions and children. The host club keeps 15% of the receipts (excluding VAT), then 42.5% (including VAT) goes to the SPFL. Additionally, 50% of the PPV revenue (excluding VAT), after cost deduction to pay the broadcaster, goes to the SPFL, and the minimum PPV charge is £12 plus VAT.

So lets try a wee bit of maths...

8,000 fans plus 500 PPV...fans average £20, PPV at perhaps £15 (absolute guess)...that's £160,000 + £7,500 = £167,500 x .8333 (removes VAT) = £139,578 x .15 (Rovers initial cut) = £20,937 initially to Rovers for their home match costs, assuming there are no RaithTV costs to cover, but not splitting out the VAT changes in contribution variance for the PPV as it likely washes. (Note to self, VAT totals £27,922)

Then we have £146,563 x .5 = £73,282 to the SPFL.

So £167,500 - (£27,922 + £20,937 + £73,282) = £45,359 left, giving the Rovers a total of £20,937 + £45,359 = £66,296 from a home playoff match at those prices. Halve the prices to the minimum allowed, and we'd get all of about £33,148.

Our average home attendance was 4,240...if we assume a £15 average ticket, plus 50 PPV at £10 (Raith TV is £20 a month, two home games on average), that's £63,600 + £500 = £64,100 x .8333 = £53,415 for the average home match income on a little more than half the crowd.

OK, so we're having to pay increased stewarding and policing costs for nearly double the crowd, and we're charging a price that means we will make about what we make off a normal home match...and you have the balls to complain!?

giphy.gif