The New Raith Rovers Thread

26 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I don't really care how much we make from it. I thought it might have been a decent gesture to set prices at something like £18-£20 at the end of a season where the club have constantly been asking fans to put their hands in their pockets for one thing or another. 

Do you ever read back any of the absolute drivel you pepper this website with? 

Imagine sitting through all of that season with Nat Wedderburn and Grant Gillespie plodding along in midfield passing sideways against bumpkin league one teams only to get to the playoffs at the top end of the championship and think "no thanks...".

11 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I don't really care how much we make from it. I thought it might have been a decent gesture to set prices at something like £18-£20 at the end of a season where the club have constantly been asking fans to put their hands in their pockets for one thing or another. 

I could see your point if it was the relegation play-offs- fans having to pay more money to see if the club can avoid relegation is a tough sell.

But I think we can all agree that second place is a fantastic achievement so moaning about paying to see potential further success seems ridiculous. 

And the club 'constantly asking fans to put their hands in their pockets' is also nonsense.  If you want to see your team play you need to pay to attend a game or pay for a stream.  Nothing has change there- everything else is optional, nobody needs to buy a replica strip or a ticket for the player of the year dance or whatever else you may be complaining about.

Incredible that some people can put such a negative spin on things after such a positive season.

1 hour ago, Brashy's Boots said:

What's this then?

St Mirren are looking at a potential loan movie in the close season. I believe they were tracking him last season too.

Personally hope he can get an English championship side, he's good enough for that level, well above St Mirren. If not mistaken, I think next year is his final contracted year at Fulham as well

30 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Personally hope he can get an English championship side, he's good enough for that level, well above St Mirren. If not mistaken, I think next year is his final contracted year at Fulham as well

Correct on the contract length, not absolutely sold on ready for the English Championship. 9 goals in 44 games at English League One level is decent, but not sure he’s ready for the step up. The Scottish Premiership is generally considered a slight step up from where he is right now. If Northampton Town is willing, I suspect he’ll be back there again for the final year on this contract, but St. Mirren isn’t playing a bad hand here, as Fulham might decide a change of venue is necessary to evaluate Kieron more completely.

29 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Correct on the contract length, not absolutely sold on ready for the English Championship. 9 goals in 44 games at English League One level is decent, but not sure he’s ready for the step up. The Scottish Premiership is generally considered a slight step up from where he is right now. If Northampton Town is willing, I suspect he’ll be back there again for the final year on this contract, but St. Mirren isn’t playing a bad hand here, as Fulham might decide a change of venue is necessary to evaluate Kieron more completely.

Not sure I fully agree Tx. Bowie has been excellent at Northampton overall. 15 goal contributions in 44 games for a young player is pretty good at that/any level, Especially one who isn't playing as the central striker that often. He had fair competition from some excellent players at that level. I think regardless where he goes, he'll be an asset to the side. Maybe if we get promoted this year...

46 minutes ago, TxRover said:

If Northampton Town is willing, I suspect he’ll be back there again for the final year on this contract, but St. Mirren isn’t playing a bad hand here, as Fulham might decide a change of venue is necessary to evaluate Kieron more completely.

I'm sure I had read the Northampton gaffer believed that Bowie and Marc Leonard (another young Scottish loanee) were too good to return to Northampton next season.  https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2024/april/jb_180424/ 

16 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

No we don't.

I’ve used hospitality 4 times this season, once against Raith and the prices were the same. I am a season ticket holder tho, I don’t know if that’s making a difference? 

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Not sure I fully agree Tx. Bowie has been excellent at Northampton overall. 15 goal contributions in 44 games for a young player is pretty good at that/any level, Especially one who isn't playing as the central striker that often. He had fair competition from some excellent players at that level. I think regardless where he goes, he'll be an asset to the side. Maybe if we get promoted this year...

He’s good, but looking at his record, the goals came mainly in a patch in the middle of the season, right after he missed the squad for two games. The English Championship is a big step up from English League One, and a young player could have his confidence destroyed if they try it too early and don’t find any success. Fulham are almost certain to offer extend his contract, and will want more development. Meanwhile, he’s been developing nicely at Northampton Town. Conversely, with his play for Scotland U21, he does have box office appeal for a Scottish team…and the level of play is only a little above where he is. As for us, depends how our relationship with Fulham stands, I guess.

1 hour ago, Starksdynamo said:

I'm sure I had read the Northampton gaffer believed that Bowie and Marc Leonard (another young Scottish loanee) were too good to return to Northampton next season.  https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2024/april/jb_180424/ 

Yea, that’s pretty standard talk. Probably trying to plant a seed that they’d see plenty of playing time if they returned. There’s not a thing he can really do otherwise besides hope to get quality loanees next year again.

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Not sure why YouTube has it stuck on processing. It's on Spotify and the others fine! 

Loading now...first viewer, probably a reward for finally downloading WhatsApp. 

Looks like that might be at least one of the retro tops starting to make their way out now.  Just got an email about the 89/90 top, still heard nothing about the 90/91 top which I'm sure was up for pre-order close to a month before the 89/90 one.  

2 hours ago, SanStarko said:

Looks like that might be at least one of the retro tops starting to make their way out now.  Just got an email about the 89/90 top, still heard nothing about the 90/91 top which I'm sure was up for pre-order close to a month before the 89/90 one.  

Got an email saying my 90/91 is completed whatever that means? 

20 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Got an email saying my 90/91 is completed whatever that means? 

I've just had the one for the 90/91 top now too.  I'm hoping the Completed part means they've got them and stuck them in the post.