39 minutes ago, Langtounlaud said:

Calum Hannah wins young player of the year

Lewis Vaughan wins players player of the year

Ross Matthews wins Malcolm Szpera award

Kevin Dabrowski wins managers player of the year

Special merit award goes to groundsman Stewart Biggar

Goal of the season is Scott Brown's vs DU

And sir Sam Stanton wins supporters player of the year

All very deserving winners. That's a strong award from Murray to big Kev considering some of the outfield players this year but maybe he wanted to spread the wealth so to speak. 

Also shows how it's been a season of 2 half's. If you said in December that Dylan Easton wouldn't win a single award folk would think you were losing your grip. 

36 minutes ago, philpy said:

John mcglynn got the Scottish manager of the year award. Well done John. Despite that episode,  he was a great servant to raith, and an absolute gentleman. 

Should we not get promoted his first visit to Starks Park next season should be very interesting. 

4 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

Should we not get promoted his first visit to Starks Park next season should be very interesting. 

Unveil the statue? 

51 minutes ago, philpy said:

John mcglynn got the Scottish manager of the year award. Well done John. Despite that episode,  he was a great servant to raith, and an absolute gentleman. 

Signed us a rapist though, an act which nearly cost me the club I support, and he was 100% the driving force behind the signing. For that I can’t forgive him. I must have a different definition of “gentleman” to you.

13 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Signed us a rapist though, an act which nearly cost me the club I support, and he was 100% the driving force behind the signing. For that I can’t forgive him. I must have a different definition of “gentleman” to you.

You don't have to see him while walking round the block though... 

In the past as well though. 

3 hours ago, grumswall said:

You don't have to see him while walking round the block though... 

In the past as well though. 

He put the club I had always been proud to support in the national news for all the wrong reasons, in those days and weeks after his desperate signing I was embarrassed to be a Raith Rovers fan. I’ll never forget that horrible feeling I had around the club through that episode. “Gentleman” though…

I don’t think any of us, John included, knew just what impact that signing would have had. Thankfully it led to a clearout and a press of the reset button which has left us in a stronger position now than we were before it happened.

He’s had a good season and well done to him.

I suppose in a pragmatic way the whole sorry episode was a catalyst for some much needed change. It was fucking painful though. 

Like you say it'll be interesting when/if Falkirk next visit us. 

1 hour ago, Jilted John said:

I don’t think any of us, John included, knew just what impact that signing would have had. Thankfully it led to a clearout and a press of the reset button which has left us in a stronger position now than we were before it happened.

He’s had a good season and well done to him.

There was plenty of warning after the Scott Burns article in mid December 2021. Either way, the response has shown that's not what our club was, or indeed is, about. 

The rejuvenation of the club over the last season is probably beyond anyone's wildest expectations. We've seen situations where we've had decent sides (second half of McKinnon's season in charge) where it's not been reflected in the crowds. But for now, they're on the up. Based on what the current board are saying, things are only just getting started.

11 hours ago, grumswall said:

Deserves it tbf. 

TBF McGrymm would have got us promoted from that league this season with his list of duds he left us with at the time....  Even East Fife could have walked that league (OK maybe a bit ott but more a dig at the EF fanny that trolls our forum).

Not a fan of him and his 'football'.  Was glad when he exited Starks Park.

2 hours ago, Jilted John said:

How was the awards night last night? Improved on previous years?

It was a good night. The awards were all deserved. Callum Hannah I think was completely speechless at his award, comes across as a really humble lad. The speaker, John Gaghan was really good, toned down from some awards/events i've seen him at previously. 

1 hour ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Not a fan of him and his 'football'.  Was glad when he exited Starks Park.

Looking purely at the football side of things, I think he was massively unlucky that the season of peak McGlynnball was the season with no fans. Watching us beat the pars 5-1, or in the playoffs,on a stream doesn't create the same memories going to the games would have. We played some great stuff that season though.

Obviously the DGW debacle was a disaster. It's something I hold McGlynn partly responsible for, however I think it's the BOD's job to weigh up the signing and look at the wider implications then veto it. 

I don't imagine the current board would be so blind to the backlash from the fans when it was mooted.

That said, even on a footballing level DGW was an old crock from league two so it wasn't a great signing for McGlynn to push for.

I don't dislike McGlynn but I'm glad we've had a much needed reset and moved on, both in the dugout and the boardroom (I know Sim is still there but he's not pulling all the strings) 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

Looking purely at the football side of things, I think he was massively unlucky that the season of peak McGlynnball was the season with no fans. Watching us beat the pars 5-1, or in the playoffs,on a stream doesn't create the same memories going to the games would have. We played some great stuff that season though.

Obviously the DGW debacle was a disaster. It's something I hold McGlynn partly responsible for, however I think it's the BOD's job to weigh up the signing and look at the wider implications then veto it. 

I don't imagine the current board would be so blind to the backlash from the fans when it was mooted.

That said, even on a footballing level DGW was an old crock from league two so it wasn't a great signing for McGlynn to push for.

I don't dislike McGlynn but I'm glad we've had a much needed reset and moved on, both in the dugout and the boardroom (I know Sim is still there but he's not pulling all the strings) 

Yeah I think it’s fair to say the current board wouldn’t be so easily pressured by a manger wanting his own way.

There was that motto “in McGlynn we trust” which I think to an extent did permeate throughout the club. That probably wasn’t such a good idea with the whole signing-a-rapist thing and then the contracts he tied several players up to (which I think really rooked us last season and even to an extent this season). It’s a sad reality that in football as much as we like to imagine certain managers or even players do things for the betterment of the club or maybe have a wee attachment to our club and would take a whole club view but ultimately they’re professionals who are primarily looking out for number one.

Edited by Enigma

Spoke to Andy Barrowman last night and he galvanised my love for the board. His enthusiasm and fervent passion to continue improving our club is infectious. 

Dylan Corr is hoping to be available for the playoffs and then get his shoulder sorted preseason. He's very keen to sign an extension, citing how good it is at the club.

Dylan Easton saying much the same. The Rovers is a good club for him to be at and he believes it's only a matter of time before we go up.

Easy things for players to say but I do believe they're genuine comments. 

Stewart Biggar's award was, for me, the most satisfying of the evening. A top man who goes about the huge amount of work he does for the club with the same humbleness that he displayed when being presented last night. 

We're in right good hands. 

22 minutes ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

A really good post there HBR. 

I think McGlynn's side benefitted from the lack of fans to a degree. Players were afforded the chance to play with no pressure from the stands. I'm sure there'll have been circumstances where the support could've lifted the team. They were a good side to watch with the occasional horror show performance. It's a shame that season ended up behind closed doors. 

In footballing terms, he'd have probably scored plenty even signing when he did had he ever got the chance to step on the pitch. He'd be scoring for fun at league one level and I don't think he'd have been anywhere near that level even at that point in his career had it not been for that had happened. 

I do think Goodwillie could've continued along at Clyde without much notice had he not moved. Any move in football means starting again, and for Goodwillie that meant trying to have a whole new fan base accept without question what had happened. Ironically, it's forced him down to something like the 10th tier and got him out the professional game. 

For everything that's happened, it looks like Sim made the right decision to give up control to the new consortium. Both he and McGlynn will have always tainted their legacies with what happened but it's undeniable that without John Sim there would be no Raith Rovers, and without John McGlynn we wouldn't be where we're at just now in footballing terms. He's an absolute master at taking clubs in a mire and organising them to be functional.