The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, Raith69 said:

Final is on:

1st leg Thursday 23rd May 8pm kick-off 

2nd leg Sunday 26th May kick-off tbc

Sure the Ross County v Partick 2nd leg last year kicked off at 16-30 o not sure why kick off irrespective of whos playing would be different unless Sky are deciding 

54 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Sure the Ross County v Partick 2nd leg last year kicked off at 16-30 o not sure why kick off irrespective of whos playing would be different unless Sky are deciding 

I think last season it clashed with English league / playoff games.

This year it's on the same weekend as the Scottish and FA Cup Finals, so it might be at a more convenient time on the Sunday.

If the play off final is away to Ross County then half 4 on a Sunday will be an absolute b*****d regardless of which team reaches it. 

As for the big defence rebuild. 

So far we have Murray signed. I'd keep Cirr if he wants to stay.

I'm firmly with the Dick in movement, He's done alright and has a degree of versatility so get him another extension. 

Hannah will likely be on loan for at least half of next season for development. 

If Stevenson and Hanlon rock up then I'd also see how Ashcroft is fixed for next season. 

That should cover us for CB and LB/LWB just need to source a RB.

47 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

I think last season it clashed with English league / playoff games.

This year it's on the same weekend as the Scottish and FA Cup Finals, so it might be at a more convenient time on the Sunday.

English Championship play off final same date as Scottish Championship play off final.Its live on Sky 4-30 so unlikely the Scottish one will kick off same time

53 minutes ago, pub car king said:

If the play off final is away to Ross County then half 4 on a Sunday will be an absolute b*****d regardless of which team reaches it. 

As for the big defence rebuild. 

So far we have Murray signed. I'd keep Cirr if he wants to stay.

I'm firmly with the Dick in movement, He's done alright and has a degree of versatility so get him another extension. 

Hannah will likely be on loan for at least half of next season for development. 

If Stevenson and Hanlon rock up then I'd also see how Ashcroft is fixed for next season. 

That should cover us for CB and LB/LWB just need to source a RB.

Would be interesting to see a list of out of contract players for those positions in scotland seing as we've pretty much been told that's the market we're shopping in for now.

The playoffs are such a destraction from us all playing football manager right now, as we can't say what league we will be in for definite next season. 

Just now, Langtounlaud said:

I'm gutted that I'm going to miss the semi's as I'm away on holiday. 😡

Ah well,  I'll be available to watch the Rovers win the finals 😁

Anyone know channel the games will be on?

BBC Scotland for the semis and Sky for the final.

7 hours ago, grumswall said:

Would be interesting to see a list of out of contract players for those positions in scotland seing as we've pretty much been told that's the market we're shopping in for now.

The playoffs are such a destraction from us all playing football manager right now, as we can't say what league we will be in for definite next season. 

Rough list from Transfermarkt for top three levels...your mileage may vary, ordered by "value" for the top two levels:

Premiership "RB's" out of contract:

Ryan Strain/St. Mirran/27/36% starting, but almost all RM, and disappeared after Guy Faulks.

Conner Randell/Ross Co/28/64% starting, but missed a lot by managers choice at the back end of the season.

Stephen O'Donnell/Motherwell/31/85% starting, but plays more RM.

Callan Elliot/Motherwell/24/0%, but only showed up the last couple of months from New Zealand.

James Bolton/St. Mirran/29/30% starting, but much more toward seasons end.

Paul McGinn/Motherwell/33/73% starting, but all at CB this season.

Michee Efete/Ross Co/27/83% starting in last three months, intermittent in English League 2...can play across the back.

Championship "RB's" out of contract:

Jack McMillan/Partick/26/74% starting.

Wallace Duffy/ICT/25/44% starting, played a little CB too and was more active later in season.

Ross Millen, nope.

Aaron Muirhead/Partick/33/97% starting at CB, is four years away from any real RB time. 

Cammy Ballantyne/Airdrie/27/56% starting, but a bit more early than late. Not there while IM was there, was at Montrose.

League One "RB's" out of contract:

Jordan Houston/QoS/24/24% starting, played sparingly in first half only.

Jason Thomson/Kelty/36/74% starting, but only played CB this year and disappeared late.

Paul McLean/Stirling Albion/34/91% starting, 5 years and an Achilles repair removed from playing RB, but a Captain.

Mikey Hewitt/Accies/23/12% starting, but no RB since last year, being moved to LM, CM and LW.

Reghan Tumily/Accies/27/94% starting, solid starter all year.

Scott Taggart/Alloa/32/94% starting, played across the back, Captain and played almost every game.

Cammy Logan/QoS/22/88% starting, played almost every game and has some versatility.

Calum Pitt/Edinburgh City/20/11% starting, played very sparingly with small minutes, LB/CM/RB.

Paul McLean/Alloa/20/barely played, coming up from U-20 team.

Jay Burns/QoS/18/almost no play, was at Gretna half the season.

For RB, IMO, Efete is interesting, as is McMillian and perhaps Bolton. Ballantyne perhaps...Tumilty is known quantity...not sure Taggart or Logan can stop up.

Ballantyne joined Airdrie a few days after Murray left for us so you'd imagine he was somewhat involved in his signing. I'd be happy to have him in a Rovers shirt next season.

I noted someone put this in the Partick thread not long ago. Not sure how up to date it is.

IMG_2009.jpeg.409c22241133ffd23d87df0032bee0ba(1).jpeg.f01563bbc7772ebf2f35e76234bb25fe.jpeg

2 hours ago, Ex Machina said:

Ballantyne joined Airdrie a few days after Murray left for us so you'd imagine he was somewhat involved in his signing. I'd be happy to have him in a Rovers shirt next season.

I noted someone put this in the Partick thread not long ago. Not sure how up to date it is.

IMG_2009.jpeg.409c22241133ffd23d87df0032bee0ba(1).jpeg.f01563bbc7772ebf2f35e76234bb25fe.jpeg

We should go and try and get Jack Hamilton from Livi. 

12 minutes ago, SerieA said:

If we are getting Stevenson and Hanlon from Hibs we’d be as well taking Megwa as well.

He's still under contract, but if we have the chance I'd love to see us put in a bid given he's likely going to get loaned out again next season. 

31 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

He's still under contract, but if we have the chance I'd love to see us put in a bid given he's likely going to get loaned out again next season. 

With our financial muscle, surely we could match any required transfer fee

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

We should go and try and get Jack Hamilton from Livi. 

With previous attempts from our fanbase for players with the same surname being Gando and Sando and also the confusion with similar surnames such as Mullen and Mullin, I'd be intrigued (and probably horrified) with what we'd come up with for players with the exact same name.

If Ross County are in the playoffs this would exclude Kyle Turner from playing for Raith, certainly against his parent club. 

I'm not sure if it would just be any potential head to head games with County or for all four games, as he is a County player.

He certainly can't play for County as he moved to Raith in the current transfer window.

ETA: I think it would just be any game with County he misses out on.

Edited by Claudia Gentile