The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 minutes ago, donny86 said:

Good job Davo is missing a couple of weeks, he went off in the under 19s game with what looked like a burst nose

Did McHattie play, and so how long and how well?

McKay played RB in a pre season game or two, Thomson played LB a few times last season.  It might be worth trying that combo and playing Bene and Murray in the centre, the only down side being Dave McKay isn't as effective going forward as  Murray or Thomson so perhaps that's a non starter.

I happened to be at the michael woods and saw there was a game on. Missed the start but didn't see any goals so assuming it ended 0-0

Mchattie played about 70 mins and looked good, a few good runs forward into the box. Court caused Mvoto a few problems and Brian looked very solid in the sticks

4 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Good to know mate. Was just interested in if the club advertise the 19s games really. Not having a go at anyone. I'm quite interested in getting to see what our next batch are up to.

http://www.raithrovers.net/development-league

Just seen a parent tweet Val as he was refused entry on Saturday as he had a fruit shoot in his bag for his diabetic daughter. Even took the sensible step of asking the office for help but no help there. The most disappointing aspect was he asked to speak to someone in authority only to be told they were too busy.  Too busy for fans and in the position to chase fans away now are we?  My son has severe allergies and I am fed up explaining the medicine I carry in his rucksack.  Toward the end of last season my pal gave his 5 year old a yoghurt in a squeezy tube.  A steward sprinted up the stairs as he thought he had spotted a kids plastic bottle, he hadn't. 

Time for this club and others as well to readjust their attitude to fans.  No other business or sector would treat their customers ( yes customers) in this way. 

When we played Clyde the other week Dougie Hill came up from the dugout to the stand with a water bottle, only for a steward to sprint over, take him from him and bin it!

There appear to be an awful lot of stewards seriously lacking common sense.

Some of these "Stewards" are real jobswortha. How are they recruited and what instruction, if any, do they get in dealing with the public?

I realise they have a job to do but, come on, what is the difference with a parent accompanying their diabetic child with a fruit shhot bottle and some one buying a bottle of juice inside the stadium?                      "Ah ken bit it's ma joab"                  Get a grip Raith.

It's not as though Mario et al are going to lose £'s from reduced sales of juice.!! 

Someone REALLY needs to have a word with the Security Company, terrible the way many these stewards act like clueless buffoons. 

3 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

When we played Clyde the other week Dougie Hill came up from the dugout to the stand with a water bottle, only for a steward to sprint over, take him from him and bin it!

There appear to be an awful lot of stewards seriously lacking common sense.

You's have Dougie Hill As well? What's next? Will you be changing your badge to look like ours? Maybe sign Jordan Thompson on loan from rangers? 

Have a good season! :lol: