The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, Been going too long said:

Vaughan for me trying too hard to score at the moment and needs to calm down and it will happen, miss was unbelievable though. We totally dominated the game and should have been out of sight second half , yeah Albion had a couple of chances but every team does, we needed to up the tempo and we did second half hopefully we can get a few bodies back for Killie and kick on

Vaughan is looking alot sharper and probably feels it as well so it will just take him time to get it out of his system. He's been playing some very nice link up play at times and as long as he's fit and able, he should be playing. 

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I understand we are making the bulk of the money now. 

Then why did you only have 1 steak pie? 

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Who do we fancy for the early boo boy candidate this year? Mullin for me at this point, mostly through pure ignorance. 

I think dabrowski is an outside shot at that. His demeanor is quite relaxed which will probably annoy people if he makes a few mistakes. 

3 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Callum Smith or Keith Watson for me. Smith if I had to pick one. 

I was torn between Mullin or Smith but went with Mullin purely because people will be screaming at him week upon week upon week to get to the byline, never realising that it won’t ever happen. It’s happening already. 

Oh the boo boys will already have a stonking hard on for Murray. I do think big Kev is going to lose goals by fucking about with the ball at his feet, that said he has cult hero written all over him. 

I think we actually look slicker this year already and that's without, Millen, Connolly, Brown, Matthews and Hamilton who we have a lot riding on already.

We should have a decent enough squad to ride out the inevitable injury crisis and we still have the loan market to utilise. 

22 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Vaughan is looking alot sharper and probably feels it as well so it will just take him time to get it out of his system. He's been playing some very nice link up play at times and as long as he's fit and able, he should be playing. 

He is looking sharp and I would always have him in the team, once he gets one he will be up and running

Even though we dominated and looked comfortable at times I still think we need a bit of pace at the back a better team than Albion catch us on the counter will punish us as we don’t that players who can recover quickly enough but that was my only issue 

2 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Even though we dominated and looked comfortable at times I still think we need a bit of pace at the back a better team than Albion catch us on the counter will punish us as we don’t that players who can recover quickly enough but that was my only issue 

I think when Brown or Mathews come back most of that threat will recede , fingers crossed anyway 

2 hours ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Some tidy stuff at times but with no offence to Albion they’re showing how far off this level they are. 
Saying that they could have had a couple due to mistakes.

Stanton seems to intercept the ball half a dozen times a game, tough to leave out for me.

What do you expect from Albion Rovers in thier first competitive match. They are a lowland league team remember. 🤔

I think we'll probably learn a wee bit more about the squad when we take on Kilmarnock next Wednesday, albeit that has the huge caveat of who's all fit and ready to go. 

Aye, watching this Rovers team is frustrating, but it's hard to be particularly dismissive when at a rough guess, 90% of the game took place in Albion Rovers half. 

I suppose my big disappointment was that we didn't run up some goals. After their penalty disappointment at the weekend, I hoped Vaughan and Gullan would have got amongst the goals tonight, but it wasn't to be. 

Unless Vaughan, (which I find sacrilege to say) and Gullan can start to score goals, then one or both probably need to drop out if Hamilton comes in and leads the line effectively, and other players start to recover.

It's a good job we have Kilmarnock in our group and we almost always beat them, otherwise me might struggle to qualify. 

7 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

McGlynn still getting it tight over on the Fawkirk thread, and seemingly Berra is there coaching

Berra's exit will never sit right with me he suddenly just gets up one day and thinks "f**k this" 

1 minute ago, pub car king said:

Berra's exit will never sit right with me he suddenly just gets up one day and thinks "f**k this" 

I think there’s more to it but may never be revealed because he looked absolutely fine and not so different from his first season 

Murray and Mullin interviews already up (well done all at Raith TV).

Still targeting a defender and also a midfielder - WTF!! 🤣

Good to hear Hamilton will be back training in a couple of days, sounds to me he’ll come on from the bench vs Killie. Ethan Ross is clearly going nowhere and sounds not far away.

Matthews & Connolly early part of the season but the Brown situation is confusing, not heard anything as to what’s wrong and anticipated return date.

You can tell Murray is a big fan of Stanton ‘glides through games’ and regularly gives his praise to RaithTV. Will be interesting as to what his preferred 11 is once all fully fit + another signing or two.