The New Raith Rovers Thread

He has tried to bring in wingers - Borris, Carcary, Dunbar, Smith, Williamson, McBride. It's just that, for whatever reason,s they keep being his least successful signings.

That might be coincidence but I suspect there's more to it. McGlynn only wants hard workers and so many of the best wingers are "flair players" who tend not to be quite such hundred percenters (look at Gibson and Cardle along the road).

That might be coincidence but I suspect there's more to it. McGlynn only wants hard workers and so many of the best wingers are "flair players" who tend not to be quite such hundred percenters (look at Gibson and Cardle along the road).

Correctamundo. An out and out winger will never be successful with us unless we change our style of football. Much like a penalty box poacher.

He has tried to bring in wingers - Borris, Carcary, Dunbar, Smith, Williamson, McBride. It's just that, for whatever reason,s they keep being his least successful signings.

That's probably on the money, tbh. Darren Smith was happy to do the hard work, but fitness problems hindered him. I still wish we'd kept him...

Carcary, Templeton and Williamson were/are notable for going missing. It's too early to say with McBride and I can't really remember much of Ryan Borris, other than that he would immediately head towards the touchline when he recieved the ball.

I think that it's still too early to early to tell with McBride. He's started two competitive games for us I think. In those two games he's shown moments of quality in forcing an opponent to be sent off in one and setting up a goal in the other. Despite his overall performances being average or seemingly worse (I missed Alloa) certainly that's enough to be going on with and enough to allow the boy some breathing space.

Carcary, Williamson and Templeton are perhaps unfortunate in that they were/are primarily strikers that McGlynn tried to convert. None of the 3 are ever going to track back and put tackles in outside their own box like Ferry will, and as you say, that's what McGlynn likes and, therefore, they were never going to cut it for him.

Smith and Borris looked like being the sort of wingers that could thrive under McGlynn, creative wide men with a work ethic. Sadly, both spent a lot of time on the treatment table and were let go.

Be interesting to see how McGlynn will fit him into the team alongside Baird and Tadé (should McGlynn choose to start him, of course). It has to be said that we are pretty short up front though, and we're likely to lose Mole in January. If Wales can have an impact, then there's an ideal replacement.

Sweet. Wasn't really expecting anything before January.

Weird how it changes your mood innit, there I was a little bit worried about Saturday's game and now I'm looking forward to seeing him back. Hope it gives the rest of the team the same sort of lift.

433 isn't as suicidal as it sounds we don't use wingers it is a weakness on our play so packing the middle of the park and lett the full backs loose on the wide areas is worth at least looking at. In mcglynn we trust

I totally agree and it would work really well. I've been thinking about our formation and before this came the conclusion that a 5-3-2 with the current squad would be the best bet but now I'm all for a 4-3-3. :D

Imagine Baird Tade and Wales upfront?

MOVEMENT

Sounds good to me! 8)

i dont know about that! i mean if we put that line up(4-3-3) against dundee and falkirk that could backfire... BIG TIME! i think if we get even 4 points out of the next two i think the 4-3-3 formation and maybe give walesy his first start then would work best! we have slumped a bit but i dont think we need to change anything drastically!

i dont know about that! i mean if we put that line up(4-3-3) against dundee and falkirk that could backfire... BIG TIME! i think if we get even 4 points out of the next two i think the 4-3-3 formation and maybe give walesy his first start then would work best! we have slumped a bit but i dont think we need to change anything drastically!

I think the following team

McGurn

Wilson

Murray

Ellis

Dyer

Walker

Davidson/Simmons

Ferry

Tade

Baird

Wales

Is more than capable of beating the likes of Dundee & Falkirk and I think it would make us harder to beat not easier as it would mean be able to boss the midfield with a midfield three and get the full backs going forward as when we play a 4-4-2 (Take the game against Alloa) our wide players seem to go missing.

Playing a 4-3-3 would be us playing to our strengths and I for one hope we play it against Dundee.