The New Raith Rovers Thread

Start of Decembeard today.

It'd be great if we could raise both benficiaries a good amount, the Rovers could certainly do with a few extra bob going in to the account after the recent call offs and the Victoria Hospice were extremely happy that we chose them too.

If there is nothing stopping you from getting involved, join in!

PM me for a sponsor sheet and I'll get it to you as quick as I can.

Some of them seem to think McGlynn will head up there and be assistant manager to Collins or such. I'd be amazed by that given that when I spoke to McGlynn, and as mentioned in several occasions, he stated that he left Hearts (taking a considerable pay-cut in the process) so that he could try management on his own terms, rather than being ordered around by a chairman or manager. I hope to f**k it doesn't materialise that he goes up and takes the job. Strange to think that our two teams, within the space of 3 cup games, have scored and conceded the same amount of goals.

Aye, there's absolutely no chance he'll go anywhere near it without being the main man. I think he'll be quite high on the list though for the type of job he's doing at the Rovers. All Calderwood and McGhee did was moan about limited resources, With McGhee in particular going on and on about his players being pish. McGlynn will have none such complaints and will certainly look to squeeze the most out of the budget. Then again, he might still consider the job at the Rovers unfinished.

If i were a Rovers fan, I'd certainly be nervous and looking around for possible replacements. May i be the first to suggest Stephen Simmons?

After spending £300,000, or more, getting rid of McGhee and his two assistants, I'm not entirely sure Aberdeen would want to fork out another £75,000 (ish) to take McGlynn. Although I have to admit, he would probably do a fantastic job up there. He's good at motivating and doesn't accept laziness. Although in that sense, Yogi Hughes wouldn't be much better or worse at that either. It just when tactical awareness comes into it that the two afore-mentioned mangers fail a bit...

However, Aberdeen are in a relegation fight and at the moment Yogi & McGlynn would be good options to steer them away from relegation.

Anyway...incase Aberdeen directors read this (you never know)...MCGLYNN'S PISH! PLEEEEASE TAKE HIM ABERDEEN!

Aberdeen, no matter how pish they are, will forever be a massive club in comparison to RRFC. I'd be gutted if McGlynn goes but would never grudge the man a chance at a big team like that.

Anyone else think that our next manager may already be at the club?

:( I really hope that it isn't the case but I don't want to think about it for now.

Wouldn't grudge John a chance at a club who, if doing well, should be the third force in Scotland, but I'd be gutted if he did go.

Their fans well and truly have their heads up their arses going by that link above. You'd think Aberdeen had done something relevant in the last ten years, but their best achievement is reaching a Scottish Cup semi. Can't think who else has done that...

I'm always wary of a new poster specifically joining a website just to post a rumour, so this could be shite.

In any case, the dandies have been badly bitten by (alliteration!) appointing from the 1st and finding the guy wasn't capable in the SPL - though granted he was a drunk!

enlighten me are we talking about a player because i think paul smith would go with mcglynn. saying that danny lennon might get the heave from st mirren due to them being shite

I reckon Smith will go with McGlynn too but I'd be happy with him replacing the gaffer.

I can see Grant Murray and Laurie Ellis being entrusted with the team on a caretaker basis if/when John McGlynn moves on to bigger things.

Might be well wide of the mark like, just a thought.

Wouldn't grudge John a chance at a club who, if doing well, should be the third force in Scotland, but I'd be gutted if he did go.

Their fans well and truly have their heads up their arses going by that link above. You'd think Aberdeen had done something relevant in the last ten years, but their best achievement is reaching a Scottish Cup semi. Can't think who else has done that...

Sir! sir! please, sir! i know sir!

I reckon Smith will go with McGlynn too but I'd be happy with him replacing the gaffer.

I can see Grant Murray and Laurie Ellis being entrusted with the team on a caretaker basis if/when John McGlynn moves on to bigger things.

Might be well wide of the mark like, just a thought.

While I agree that Murray & Ellis could possibly act as caretaker managers, I don't imagine they would be in charge for longer than a week or two, until the board appoint a proper manager.

While I agree that Murray & Ellis could possibly act as caretaker managers, I don't imagine they would be in charge for longer than a week or two, until the board appoint a proper manager.

The guy hasn't even had an intervew and you've replaced him. Don't think you need to worry though you'll have him a bit longer yet - win the league and it could be a different story.

The guy hasn't even had an intervew and you've replaced him. Don't think you need to worry though you'll have him a bit longer yet - win the league and it could be a different story.

Where have I said that McGlynn has already gone?

If you read my above post which I wrote around half two this afternoon, I said that I wasn't 'entirely sure' that Aberdeen would hire McGlynn because of the compensation involved.

I also do not believe that Aberdeen directors would be fully convinced that McGlynn has the experience that they are looking for.

I don't want McGlynn to leave and I certainly haven't 'replaced him'. I'm simply speculating about Andy C's post where he stated who would take over if McGlynn and Paul Smith were to leave the club.

Where have I said that McGlynn has already gone?

If you read my above post which I wrote around half two this afternoon, I said that I wasn't 'entirely sure' that Aberdeen would hire McGlynn because of the compensation involved.

I also do not believe that Aberdeen directors would be fully convinced that McGlynn has the experience that they are looking for.

I don't want McGlynn to leave and I certainly haven't 'replaced him'. I'm simply speculating about Andy C's post where he stated who would take over if McGlynn and Paul Smith were to leave the club.

Well you were discussing caretaker managers. McGlynn has done well for the Rovers, I don't think he is in with a shout tbh, well not if it's anything to do with local Aberdeen fans.

Well you were discussing caretaker managers. McGlynn has done well for the Rovers, I don't think he is in with a shout tbh, well not if it's anything to do with local Aberdeen fans.

What a great board Aberdeen have, holding ballots to decide who their next manager should be!

Any chairman with even a small amount of sense must see McGlynn as a credible candidate.