The New Raith Rovers Thread

Fingers crossed things work out. Good that McGlynn has been able to have a look in training as well, and obviously liked what he saw. Welcome, Grant.

Another wide player and a striker and we'll be done, probably? I get the impression at least one of signings will be a loanee, and they tend to arrive quite late in the day.

Thought Spence was training with us? Looked good against us for Hamilton and is already a bit of a Rovers legend after his exploits at Alloa.

As for Anderson, can't be displeased with this signing, didn't notice him too much but will be better at deliveries than anyone else playing on that side of the pitch for us last year.

Edited by renton

Thought Spence was training with us? Looked good against us for Hamilton and is already a bit of a Rovers legend after his exploits at Alloa.

As for Anderson, can't be displeased with this signing, didn't notice him too much but will be better at deliveries than anyone else playing on that side of the pitch for us last year.

Be delighted if we got him on board, great option to come off the bench or to pair up with Graham for the target man/runner combo

Aye, would be a good signing if we got him. Could use someone with a bit of pace up top to replace Baird.

McGlynn knows him well so hopefully he'll be on board soon :-) always liked the way he played and an excellent player through the middle with pace. just what we need.

Didn't really notice Anderson for Hamilton last season - I do remember noticing him for Stenny the year before though. Looked useful. Happy with that.

It will be interesting to see if we are due compensation for John McGlynn - what no one has adressed is the fact that McG may have a get out clause that's never been disclosed. We may be due f**k all, or due to the apparent good working relationship between club and (soon to be ex) manager, that he'll be allowed to walk for a nominal fee in the name of 'not standing in the way'

So with that in mind, who realistically will be in line for next Rovers manager?

1340698380[/url]' post='6374815']

It will be interesting to see if we are due compensation for John McGlynn - what no one has adressed is the fact that McG may have a get out clause that's never been disclosed. We may be due f**k all, or due to the apparent good working relationship between club and (soon to be ex) manager, that he'll be allowed to walk for a nominal fee in the name of 'not standing in the way'

So with that in mind, who realistically will be in line for next Rovers manager?

I reckon there'll be a lot of interest in the post.

I hope the club go down the 'up and coming' manager route rather than the 'failed dinosaur' route though.

I reckon there'll be a lot of interest in the post.

I hope the club go down the 'up and coming' manager route rather than the 'failed dinosaur' route though.

I'm not sure there will be a massive amount of interest, at least, not from the right kind of candidate - like you I think the worst thing the club could do is seriously consider any CV from the tired old types that float around the SFL year after year.

When Levein left he recommended McGlynn to the board, I wouldn't be surprised if mcGlynn was asked the same thing by the Rovers board now....

Delighted with the board for taking such a stance. Pretty disappointed with a few of the zoomers on the Facebook page who seem to disagree though. Not indicative of the fanbase as a whole, surely.

We've been trending on Twitter and everything. :lol:

Over the moon. Well done to the board, and hopefully many others follow suit.

Delighted with the board for taking such a stance. Pretty disappointed with a few of the zoomers on the Facebook page who seem to disagree though. Not indicative of the fanbase as a whole, surely.

We've been trending on Twitter and everything. :lol:

Over the moon. Well done to the board, and hopefully many others follow suit.

There is a poll running on fantalk and when I looked last night 95% of voters were against the newco entering div 1 under any circumstances.

I notice that Marv and sparky will be turning out for the Laurie Ellis testimonial as well.