The New Raith Rovers Thread

I completely see your point Paco, but could you honestly pack in going to see the Rovers? Seriously?

If the Raith Rovers board make a decision to allow the Newco into the First Division, they make a decision to sacrifice the integrity and principles that define the game of football, in spite of our numerous financial problems and suffering over the years. They make a decision that you can get away with cheating for minimal punishment, as long as you're a big club. They make a decision that benefits clubs in the SPL, not Raith Rovers. They make a decision which safeguards the Sky TV deal, which we as a club have never received a single penny from. They make a decision to ignore the views of the vast majority of Raith Rovers supporters, who have stuck by the club through thick and thin for decades, and indeed they make a decision to not just ignore Raith Rovers supporters, but the hundreds and thousands of football supporters who travel to games all over Scotland every Saturday afternoon, from Wick to Berwick.

And in favour of what? The potential income offered by 6768, to be exact, supporters of the defunct Rangers Football Club. Two home games against a club formerly known as Rangers.

I'd put it to anyone why they'd bother supporting a club, or indeed a sport, with an attitude like that.

Add me to the list of people who won't be back if Raith Rovers vote for Rangers to join the 1st Division. I'll be firing off an email to the club tomorrow about this.

The reasons for this have already been very well laid out. It would make an absolute mockery of our game, and I'm simply not having it. Scottish Football would have lost every shred of integrity as far as I'd be concerned.

If the Raith Rovers board make a decision to allow the Newco into the First Division, they make a decision to sacrifice the integrity and principles that define the game of football, in spite of our numerous financial problems and suffering over the years. They make a

decision that you can get away with cheating for minimal punishment, as long as you're a big club. They make a decision that benefits

clubs in the SPL, not Raith Rovers. They make a decision which safeguards the Sky TV deal, which we as a club have never received a single penny from. They make a

decision to ignore the views of the vast majority of Raith Rovers supporters, who have stuck by the club through thick and thin for decades, and indeed they make a decision to not just ignore Raith Rovers supporters, but the hundreds and thousands of football supporters who travel to games all over Scotland every Saturday afternoon, from Wick to Berwick.

And in favour of what? The potential income offered by 6768, to be exact, supporters of the defunct Rangers Football Club. Two home games against a club formerly known as Rangers.

I'd put it to anyone why they'd bother supporting a club, or indeed a sport, with an

attitude like that.

Paco, Scottish football is fucked all ends up regardless of what we as a club do. I've never been a man who enjoys self flagellation and that to me is what you'd be doing if you stopped attending rovers games. I do however see most of your point. But what's the alternative? Asda on a Saturday afternoon? Surely not .

Or possibly junior football is about to get a massive influx of support Al.

As stated earlier and elsewhere if the Raith board vote for the Newco to enter Div 1 then I very well may be looking for refunds for the season tickets I bought in May.

It's bad enough watching a pish team (but they are my pish team) who are pish because they are financially bereft without them becoming morally bankrupt too.

Paco, Scottish football is fucked all ends up regardless of what we as a club do. I've never been a man who enjoys self flagellation and that to me is what you'd be doing if you stopped attending rovers games. I do however see most of your point. But what's the alternative? Asda on a Saturday afternoon? Surely not .

Scottish football's been dead for years before this all came to a head, sadly. The SPL's been a closed shop and completely dominated by the Old Firm for decades. Unless you were either a Rangers or a Celtic fan, third place in the SPL was all you could realistically hope to achieve. Or perhaps the odd Scottish or League cup win. Even promotion from the first is expensive. We would have to install undersoil heating and combine that with increased policing costs offsetting any financial gain from visiting OF fans.

Rangers going bust could potentially be the best thing to happen to the Scottish game in years. Perfect chance to restructure the leagues, bring in a pyramid system, merge the governing bodies and a fairer distribution of the wealth.

However, Sevco being accepted in division one is completely unacceptable and should be resisted by all member clubs. If Raith vote in favour for Zombiegers joining the first division, I will not be back and I will be in touch with the club to communicate these views.

It will be very, very difficult but what's the point following a sport which is corrupt and has zero integrity?

I would probably go along to Murrayfield and support the Edinburgh Gunners. At least you can enjoy a pint there.

Scottish football isn't fucked. This is actually the biggest chance we've ever had to solve things. Without Rangers the 11-1 voting structure should immediately go in the SPL, closely followed by a bare minimum play-off spot between SPL and First Division, and a better distribution of funds to the SFL.

I've got absolutely no idea what I'd do on a Saturday afternoon instead. Not a clue. I do know I couldn't support a club who sells Scottish football and sporting integrity down the river for about seventy grand though.

Scottish football's been dead for years before this all came to a head, sadly. The SPL's been a closed shop and completely dominated by the Old Firm for decades. Unless you were either a Rangers or a Celtic fan, third place in the SPL was all you could realistically hope to achieve. Or perhaps the odd Scottish or League cup win. Even promotion from the first is expensive. We would have to install undersoil heating and combine that with increased policing costs offsetting any financial gain from visiting OF fans.

Rangers going bust could potentially be the best thing to happen to the Scottish game in years. Perfect chance to restructure the leagues, bring in a pyramid system, merge the governing bodies and a fairer distribution of the wealth.

However, Sevco being accepted in division one is completely unacceptable and should be resisted by all member clubs. If Raith vote in favour for Zombiegers joining the first division, I will not be back and I will be in touch with the club to communicate these views.

It will be very, very difficult but what's the point following a sport which is corrupt and has zero integrity?

Nail on head. Rangers going bust is an opportunity, and we all hold the cards. We absolutely do not need to 'deal' with Rangers, or anybody else, in order to get the changes we crave. Change is on its way anyway.

Grant anderson is a quick skillfull winger if i remember right. He played against us for accies when we beat them 3-2 in november, he them got put on loan to stenny.. Think he played 6 n scored 3 for stenny, scored 5/6 for accies also

Edited by Munich95

Apparently we're signing a winger called Grant Anderson. Can't say I've ever heard of him tbh.

Fudge saying on twitter he's a quick winger who'll score goals. Could be a decent signing, but then wingers are probably the most difficult players to judge in football on form.

Fudge saying on twitter he's a quick winger who'll score goals. Could be a decent signing, but then wingers are probably the most difficult players to judge in football on form.

:o

It's what we need - neither Graham or Clarke can play like Baird and we need some pace in the side.

I just wish the McGlynn saga would get cleared up ASAP.

McGlynn has consistently tried to sign wingers. Unfortunately, they've pretty much all been perma-crocks.

This is true, outside of loan players only Darren Smith came close to matching the brief of tricky winger, unfortunately due to the causal nature of time, he was signing him maybe two years and a half yard of pace too late.

Decent player. Loads of pace and very good in the air. Needs to improve his crossing by about 300% to hold down a place in the first division.

Already better than Willie Dyer then ;)

Also I take it we can assume McGlynn is staying too then???

Dyer wasn't so much a crosser, more a hopeful hoof regardless where he was. Any time he was on the ball, my mate would comment on his panic passes, where he'd take a touch then hoof it as far away as possible.

Think he's signing players just in case he doesn't get the job. No point sitting on his rear end waiting too hear n missing out on players he see's can help him and the Rovers hopefully push for the top o the table.

Positive signing for us as mentioned we need someone will a bit of pace to get in deliverlies from wide (Walker as well please :D ) if we got one more striker in id be quite happy. Would like another midfielder tho in dire need of another striking option, hopefully someone with a bit of pace