The New Raith Rovers Thread

It would appear Raith have done some some very good work in the transfer window so far. I've not really looked but has Cardle signed for anyone? Because him and a solid centre half would make your squad as strong as anyone's. interesting.

Cardle has yet to sign for anybody. I'm not 100% but I'm almost certain there is a deal on the table for him from us. It's up to him now I believe. Another centre half and him plus perhaps a utility player of some sort (perhaps somebody who can play wide, in midfield and/or as a forward) for cover would see us pretty much done (if Barrowman is signing). I is nice to have the squad wrapped up before July. We also have/are going to have 3 French players on trial. They may of course be utter gash, but who knows, one of them could be a player.

Im hoping that we arent assuming there will be reconstruction next year and are spending more as a result.

I think there's more money available to us because of the departures of the likes of Walker, Graham and Hamill, all of whom would have been on higher wages than we're probably offering today. At least I hope that's the reason.

Alot of the players are coming in on 1 year deals as well, it may be the case that they agree lower terms for the year to put themselves in teh shop window as well. Be happer once we have confirmation of McGurn's resigning as well

It's definitely a buyers market this year. I don't think we are spending more than we normally would, and I'm pretty sure Murray's budget got hit again this year. I do think that enough other clubs have made cut backs so that we are now competitive in that market, as, Dundee aside, there is unlikely to be other clubs paying lots more than us, and that is forcing players into lowering thier demands as well. Acting quickly I think is helping, since we are offering a bit of certainty in a market awash with free agents.

I think there's more money available to us because of the departures of the likes of Walker, Graham and Hamill, all of whom would have been on higher wages than we're probably offering today. At least I hope that's the reason.

Don't forget the departure of Malone and Mensing who probably wont be on peanuts as well. Then already present players been offered lower wages. Keeping all that in mind must surely mean we still can sign at least 3 good decent players.

Alot of the players are coming in on 1 year deals as well, it may be the case that they agree lower terms for the year to put themselves in teh shop window as well. Be happer once we have confirmation of McGurn's resigning as well

McGurn seems to be on holiday now and singing as soon as he is back.

Barrowman wasn't the person I was told who was offered a deal. May be that Murray has offered a few deals out and its a case of the first come first served in terms of signing, glad that he is targetting these sort of players though.

I bet it's John Stewart.

Id probably be singing if I was on holiday as well ;-)

on a side note, not looking good for the Pars

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/sfl-division-one/dunfermline-need-175k-in-five-weeks-to-save-club-1-2959996

That Scotsman link is just scaremongering. It's no different to what we already knew. We had 8 weeks to raise a minimum of £500k for a proposal to be given to the creditors to accept or reject as a CVA. We've raised £335k (ish) in 3 weeks; we have 5 weeks to find £165k +, I'm hopeful we can do that, although it is a lot of money. The BuyThePars ticker went up by £5k yesterday alone, for example. However, on the other hand, after reviewing the Administrators report, I'm sceptical there is any more light left at the end of the tunnel. It seems like £500k just won't be enough as we need "working capital" also. I think this has been one step too far for DAFC, but I hope to be proven wrong! :(

Good luck to Raith this season, a lot of good signings so far. If rumours are true that Cardle, Barrowman and Dowie are signing then you've got yourself 3 of the best players at SFL1 standard. All the best - hopefully the Fife derbies can continue in a few years' time! :)