The New Raith Rovers Thread

Joel Hamill has to be in it surely? He got booed when he was subbed off, booed when he was subbed on, booed when they read out the teams and booed when he got man-of-the-match awards.

That's a lot of booing.

Change of tactics! we've moved to 4 4 2!

Was there before I started going but according to the internet he was a right back.

Yeah McCulloch was a right back, Sacha Opinel was left back at the time I think (although Craig Mcewan was at the club at the time as well I think and he took a shed load of stick as well), when we had Toastie Burns and Craig Dargo up front wth Didier Agathe on the wing and yet combined that attacking prowess (which included a combative central midfield with Jean Philipe Javary) with a defence including McCulloch, Paul Browne and Guido Van de Kamp in goals. had we been able to defend, we'd have been fucking dangerous back then.

Paul Tosh up front

Ronnie Coyle used to get absolute dogs abuse back in the day, I remember nearly getting decked for defending Baresi.

I seem to recall Davie Kirkwood and Danny Lennon taking some amount of abuse later in their time with us as well.

I seem to recall Davie Kirkwood and Danny Lennon taking some amount of abuse later in their time with us as well.

Kirkwood had a weight problem which didn't help, neither did Sir Jimmy's insistence of playing him at right back. He told a squad of us in the Abbotshall after he signed he would get 15 goals for us, I think he managed 1.

Danny was at Raith too long, and fans expected too much of him. Must have been a shock being used to playing with Mickey Cameron and ending up with Kevin Byres next to you.

Kirkwood had a weight problem which didn't help, neither did Sir Jimmy's insistence of playing him at right back. He told a squad of us in the Abbotshall after he signed he would get 15 goals for us, I think he managed 1.

Danny was at Raith too long, and fans expected too much of him. Must have been a shock being used to playing with Mickey Cameron and ending up with Kevin Byres next to you.

Maybe, I still remember him scoring an absolute screeching 30 yard shot against Partick Thistle way back in 97/98 I think.

As for Kirkwood, overweight or no, right back or no he was still one of the most accomplished passers of the ball, with fantastic range and great deadballs, that Rovers have seen.

Edited by renton

Maybe, I still remember him scoring an absolute screeching 30 yard shot against Partick Thistle way back in 97/98 I think.

As for Kirkwood, overweight or no, right back or no he was still one of the most accomplished passers of the ball, with fantastic range and great deadballs, that Rovers have seen.

Agree, Kirkwood was a great passer of the ball, would have made a great sweeper.

Was that not the belter he scored up at Dens park in a mid week match?

Jason Dair took a load of abuse, most of it unwarranted. Ronnie Coyle too although he did make a lot of highly visible errors in games. Always thought Grant Anderson was abused unnecessarily last season while passengers in games like Cardle got off Scot free but that seems to have stopped now

Remember Davie Kirkwood scoring against Clyde in cup at Broadwood and him running towards the Raith fans, most of were singing the 'you fat b*****d' song

Edited by roverthemoon

To the Boo XI ... From most recent times: Anybody remember Brian Fairbairn ...

Yeah, I always thought he had a gearing problem: His legs went like the clappers but he never actually moved that fast, by comparison you had Stevie Hislop who looked like was jogging everyhwere but had a massive stride and covered a lot more gorund than Fairbairn ever did.

Edited by renton