The New Raith Rovers Thread

Are our BOD really this short sighted ? I stick by what I said, the only reason we are keeping attendances of 1000+ so far this season is because of the huge amount of season tickets we sold and people getting their moneys worth ... Christ, for the first time in a long time I've contemplated missing Home games to the likes of Alloa/Cowdung/Dbarton but haven't because my Season Ticket, anyways ...

It amazes me it appears nobody is sitting back and saying wait a minute, if we keep Murray, give him a vote of confidence and things continue to get worse, what do we do in the next 1 or 2 seasons time when Hearts/Hibs/Rangers are gone and by that time season tickets have fallen 70+%, fans have found value elsewhere E.G Flyers and don't want to come back ?

This has now went on for well over 1 year and in that year we as the paying customer (or fans, whatever you like) have been told to basically shut up, pay our money, don't share our thoughts (or we get a "Captain Mainwaring" speech) and just enjoy whats on show ...

Don't get me wrong, behind the scenes the board have done absolute wonders and I'm sure we all agree we can't thank them enough, but on the field this club is an absolute shambles and its about time somebody steps up, grows a pair and just does what pretty much every fan wants ...

Edited by ADMO

Its maybe just me, but I feel saying "I've always thought supporters were supposed to support" is showing perhaps the current board aren't really in touch with what's being said, and possibly missing the point ...

Murray had a horrendous close to last season in which 90% of managers would have been sacked and there's no doubt had he not won that cup, he would be gone ... IMO most of the proper hardcore fans (including myself) started fresh with this season, all conveying that is was now going to be Murray's team: his players, his buys, his loans, his tactics, etc, so now It was his chance to show us what he could do. Most of us supported the club & Murray vocally on and off the pitch for the first round of fixtures hoping for a fresh new approach and change, but got nothing ...

Things now haven't improved, we are facing a repeat of last season and despite a larger budget & being a FT club against many PT teams, we look to indeed again, be stuck bang smack in the middle of a relegation battle ... So we are expected to just sit back and support this ?

Pretty disappointed that's twice now the BOD have come out and basically told us fans we are in the wrong and to stop moaning and get on with it ... Hey perhaps I'm reading it wrong and perhaps I took Huttons Captain speech wrong, but that's sure as hell how it comes across ...

Edited by ADMO

Not impressed by that statement at all. No targets set for Murray and the fans basically told it is none of our business whether it is finances dictate that they won't sack him. Maybe when crowds drop to 700-800 and finances suffer accordingly they will stop treating fans with such disdain and start treating the paying customer with the openness and respect they deserve.

Fully agree admo. Except us winning the cup kept him in a job. Appears now that money is the main if not only reason to keep him as manager so whether we won the diddy cup or not is irrelevant.

Only crumb of comfort in article is Drysdale claiming he expects un upturn in results, they might not get much worse but great chance the don't get any better

I'm with everyone on this, dangerous when you start slagging your fans like that, I'll be doing my best to do what was suggested on Fantalk being in the Main Stand on Saturday letting the board know crystal clear our views, if enough folk do that it will also make it clearer just how many empty seats there are in the home support, also seen a comment on Facebook from someone saying that they will stay behind if we get beat I would be up for that too, time for us fans to act!

I'm with everyone on this, dangerous when you start slagging your fans like that, I'll be doing my best to do what was suggested on Fantalk being in the Main Stand on Saturday letting the board know crystal clear our views, if enough folk do that it will also make it clearer just how many empty seats there are in the home support, also seen a comment on Facebook from someone saying that they will stay behind if we get beat I would be up for that too, time for us fans to act!

Agree. Seriously thinking about not going back to Starks now until he has gone, the more I read over that statement the angrier I get over the patronising and condascending tone of it. Why would I want to go somewhere and spend money where my views are treated with such contempt?

What steps have been taken to talk to the board (about the management) via the fan's representative? Surely that channel should be exhausted before there are protests at games, negatively affecting the team?

What steps has the so-called fans' rep taken generally!? never hear from him or even see him at Stark's Park on a matchday.

Fans rep haha don't get me started on that waste of a title!

colonel mustacho is too busy munching his prawn sandwiches on a Saturday to give a toss about what normal fans feel.

You might be right - I don't know - but have you ever approached him? I'm not in any of the fans' groups so I don't know how you would go about it. But that's what he's there for.

You might be right - I don't know - but have you ever approached him? I'm not in any of the fans' groups so I don't know how you would go about it. But that's what he's there for.

You can e-mail him from this page but he should be approachable on matchdays, as I said in my last post I can't remember seeing him this season (possibly once or twice I've forgotten about) and I've not missed a Rovers match yet this season home or away.

You can e-mail him from this page but he should be approachable on matchdays, as I said in my last post I can't remember seeing him this season (possibly once or twice I've forgotten about) and I've not missed a Rovers match yet this season home or away.

The Livingston game.

200-club-2000-cheque-presentation.jpg