The New Raith Rovers Thread

Yet most on here wants to keep the back 4 !!!

Back four isn't the problem, they can get bodies in front of strikers, they can squeeze the space in behind them, they can challenge for the ball all they like but when the keeper lets two shots go straight through him - I mean both seemed to go straight over his leg when it was probably easier dive for them and the one at his near post was particularly brutal.

I actually agree with Whistle Blower. I'm not sure what I would change in the defence, I would probably have looked for another left back despite McKeown's improvement but he's under contract, but something does need to change. Perhaps a couple of difficult decisions to be made regarding Watson/Hill/Barr. And indeed Thomson for that matter.

McGurn is clearly our best goalkeeper though, and by a considerable margin. He's probably the best in the league let alone in our squad. Murray has given Cuthbert a shot as soon as the games went meaningless, hopefully purely as a reward for his hard work at coming back from injury and his patience sitting on the bench for months. Hopefully there's nothing more to it than that.

I actually think a David McGurn Appreciation Society would attract more people than the South Stand on matchdays.

Think McGurn is by far the best Goalkeeper in the championship but to blame Cuthbert for our recent defeats is obsured. Exceptionally poor defending / and a Midfield which has been posted missing throughout this season is to blame. Remember it's the same Cuthbert that was in goal for the Accies last year which gained promotion, Think to many Rover fans are obsessed with McGurn and there fear if he leaves hence the usual end of season rumours about him signing for someone else. Don't get me wrong if he leaves I'll be gutted but Rovers will survive and we will move on.