The New Raith Rovers Thread

Believe it or not, Ray McKinnon isn't a Rovers fanatic and isn't falling over himself to get the pen in his hand. He's doing the correct thing, taking his time and keeping his options open. I'll be happy if it is him, but at the same time wouldn't be gutted if he takes the St Mirren gig - it's a better option certainly. I'll be 100% behind whoever we appoint, and I'm looking forward to seeing what he - whoever it may be - brings to the table.

Edited by Hank Scorpio

It's all about opinions. Johnny U served the club with distinction in a few roles, TH has allowed us to still have a club to support at his personal expense. It's a worthy tribute.

Indeed all about opinions, JU also dug into his pocket to keep the club alive.

Indeed all about opinions, JU also dug into his pocket to keep the club alive.

Why are we even debating this? Turnbull Hutton stopped the club from going under, brought it back to being a stable club again. Hutton also played a part in one of the biggest events that's ever happened in Scottish football for the better...

Why are we even debating this? Turnbull Hutton stopped the club from going under, brought it back to being a stable club again. Hutton also played a part in one of the biggest events that's ever happened in Scottish football for the better...

Never scored v Rangers in a 5-1 win

I've not got an issue with who we appoint. It's just that the ones mentioned are a bit underwhelming.

I had been thinking in the Danny Lennon/Derek Adams ballpark. One had won the Championship, managed in the Premiership and reached a Scottish Cup final with a Championship team. The other has managed in the Premiership and win the League Cup.

Never scored v Rangers in a 5-1 win

Quote from Eric Drysdale

“It is particularly appropriate because around 12 years ago, when this club was in financial trouble, we needed to replace the roof of the main stand but we simply did not have the money.

“Turnbull paid for that out of his own pocket, which just sums up the man. It’s fitting that stand will bear his name now.”

McKinnon will do for me if he comes. I'd rather him than a good few of the other contenders..... Especially Adams, Johnstone , Presley or Naismith.

Adams-johnstone>Presley>McKinnon>Naismith

So Mckinnon has his teams playing decent football, attacking football?

Wouldn't say that, would say well drilled. Everyone knew there jobs etc. McKinnon has done alright with Brechin, no more no less, he doesn't seem to be that great in the transfer window (Inherited a pretty settled side) and doesn't play particularly fantastic football. It'd seem like a bit of a "meh" appointment from afar.

Dick Campbell and Aitken both manage sides of similar stature and they have pissed all over Brechin the past two seasons, would Raith fans be happy with Dick Campbell?

If you are willing to pay compo and were wanting someone from the seaside league then Aitken and Bollan would've been two really good appointments, Aitken especially. Can't get my head around this at all, Adams would surely have been the outstanding candidate?

Whereas I can't get my head around the Adams-love.

I think it's much more important to have someone who goes about the job the right way than to be seduced by someone who happens to have a promotion (or whatever) on his record. Success in football can be pretty random and that doesn't mean anything in itself.

For what it's worth I'd take Derek Adams back at The Global in a second. He's an excellent coach - if your players are selfless enough. He asks a lot of players, but tactically he's excellent. I can't think of how many times he'd make a change which wrong footed the opposition coach. If it's him or Danny Lennon, it isn't even close.

The problem comes when the players stop buying into his training, which is what happened at County. The smarter players got on great with Adams, but players seemed to take a dislike to his controlling ways. Those guys were not first choices, so make of that what you will.

Whereas I can't get my head around the Adams-love.

I think it's much more important to have someone who goes about the job the right way than to be seduced by someone who happens to have a promotion (or whatever) on his record. Success in football can be pretty random and that doesn't mean anything in itself.

Agreed.