The New Raith Rovers Thread

What now for you guys?

I imagine we'll just fold the club, no point carrying on.

In all seriousness, I'd like us to get Stevie Aitken but realise that may not be possible. If the club go through the same process as they did when they appointed Murray then I'll be happy enough with whoever we appoint.

He never said it was grant..

He was talking about the fact that Murray has the St Mirren post therefore we'll have McKinnon..

Aye, I was stating the obvious in an attempt to be funny, apologies.

The Brechin committee saying in the Courier that they've heard nothing from us so far so they're continuing as normal.

I'm a bit baffled by why we've not gone out and taken someone like Adams rather ran pay out a contract. Even then you'd expect us to try for Aitken out of the part time managers (unless he's been unwilling to commit).

Obviously, the board are reading comments on here and fantalk and keep changing their mind. . . .

Good. That's how it should be. Get Adams appointed, Board! f**k all the fans that are bleating on about Adams being a c**t. They know f**k all.

I reckon we'll make an announcement this afternoon then after Mckinnon pops in to finalise the details. And we can finally start offering contracts to players and work through Malpas's list of targets that he made last month..

Maybe I'm misreading this situation.

Malpas compiles a shortlist and makes the decision on who Raith sign? Surely to god any manager coming in would like to run that side of thing themselves?

Malpas compiles a shortlist and makes the decision on who Raith sign? Surely to god any manager coming in would like to run that side of thing themselves?

Malpas went down south and took in between 15 and 20 lower league games and compiled a list of possible targets. Basically doing the scouting side of things. Obviously Mckinnon or whoever comes in would get the final say. Or even scrap the list all together. I hope he doesn't though, as it would be great if we could bring up a couple of players that no-ones really heard of. It would make the first few games really interesting.

Last I heard a while back though, was that it was Drysdale that actually decided if they're worth the contract and would take it upon himself to offer them it. Wasn't sure if that was actually legit though. Hope not.

Time waits for no man.

The club are getting on with things, otherwise they will be critised for doing nothing.

Now that McKinnon has pretty much been confirmed, I now feel comfortable saying that Gary Naysmith had all but signed the paper early last week. He attended a board meeting were he was told that the job was pretty much his, but the board changed their mind at the last minute due to the fan reaction.

I'm not sure how I feel about the board pandering to our every whim. I think we were all in agreement that fan power got Davy McGurn his new contract, and that's definitely a good thing, but football fans are generally idiots. I'd rather Eric and co. made the decisions as it's been proven time and again that they do know what's best for our club.