The New Raith Rovers Thread

So, looking like we'll really struggle for goals and that we've dropped our inspirational keeper for a proven dud. Excellent. All aboard the relegation bus.

That seems unecessarily pessimistic at the minute.

So, looking like we'll really struggle for goals and that we've dropped our inspirational keeper for a proven dud. Excellent. All aboard the relegation bus.

Enough negativity. Once Stewart is fit him and Vaughan will pick up where they left off and it won't matter that Cuthbert couldn't keep a clean sheet if his life depended upon it.

The topic is Craig Wighton.

The following is unsurprising.

He apparently was very good for Raith against Hearts

He wasn't. He was even worse today. I doubt he'll hold down a place in our side assuming the loan isn't cut short.

We'll have him back then, you ungrateful c**t.

Please take him. He won't be missed.

Sounds ideal, this way we can send him to a team who try to play football, like Falkirk.

That seems unecessarily pessimistic at the minute.

I'm trying to outdo the other pessimistic posters. Saying that, I do think we'll struggle for goals unless the midfielders chip in with a lot of goals. I also think that dropping a proven good keeper for a guy who has failed to impress could backfire on us. Time will tell.

Stewart is back running in training and hopes to play on Wednesday .

I seriously hope that we do sign another striker though as for all that we heave a shed load of midfielders, other than Anderson (not what I'd call really prolific but....) none of them have been prolific goal scorers so far in their careers.

We may just see a lot of low scoring games this season.

A ridiculous amount of negativity on this today, I really don't understand it. Aberdeen have played 2 European ties, and 2/3 friendlies(?), we were the better team the first half.

2nd half from the hour mark we were very tired and that's when Aberdeen chucked their first team on, big game changer in my opinion. But that was only our 2nd game - so much positives to take from the game. Especially playing teams of a much higher level.

As for the young boy Wighton, folk on here are being very harsh on him. Leave him be, as the Dundee boys are saying, it'll only be a matter of time, and you can see he's got an exceptional talent.

Dundee on Wednesday, hopefully we'll see a home goal haha

So much negativity on here it's embarrassing. Rovers fans used to be known as one of the best set of fans in Scottish football. Not now

When were these halcyon days? Was it back in the '50s? '90s?

I too dream of better days. However, being a pessimist/realist, there looks to be a lack of goals in the team and if Cuthbert is to be first choice keeper he needs to rediscover some form. Hopefully this season goes well. We'll get an indication of how it's going to go once the league season gets underway. Bogey team Livi up first. Anything better than a crushing defeat will be an improvement for us.

He's brilliant. The thread would be a lot worse without him.

I have to up my game, as I thought I was a twat. All joking aside, we have a very decent team. I'm chuffed with Craigen, he's so comfortable on the ball. I hope we're looking at Steven Craig, it's time for him to come home.

Good bit of negativity kicking around at the minute and technically for the "real season" a ball has yet to be kicked, crazy ...

I never judge on friendlies, its pointless if you ask me ... There all about trying new players, tactics, formations and gaining match fitness, sure its nice to win 1 every now and again but i'm unsure why a few lads are queuing up armageddon already :P

We won't face any teams this season the caliber of Hearts/Aberdeen and probably not even Dundee (assuming we lose again), so to go all out panic mode after holding these lot to 0-0 HT's and losing late(ish) goals (fitness/subs will play a huge part of this - Lets not forget these pair are much further into pre-season than us) is mad ! As is getting worked up about where our goals will come from when last seasons "top goalscorer" is currently injured and yet to kick a ball ....

Plenty of time to let things unfold and see what each player can do ... I doubt McKinnon will even have a solid starting 11 yet ... Chill folks, only panic if Livi smash us 5-1 again :P !

Steven Craig is 34 and has a pretty meagre scoring record. I really hope we aren't.

I was just thinking more in the lines of experience, our frontline could do with someone like him to guide them, it was merely a thought.