The New Raith Rovers Thread

Anderson should have shot with his left foot but tried to switch back onto his right

One thing we have been really bad for in the two matches so far is players looking for an extra touch when in with a sight of goal. Vaughan had a clear chance in the 2nd half and took too long.

Some of the comments on here are shocking about Cuthbert, I think McGurn is the best keeper in the league but he's isn't being selected so get over it. Whilst Cuthbert is selected we need to back him.As for the pre-season friendlies lets play part-time 1st / 2nd division clubs and win comfortably but what do we learn nothing! Instead play good quality opposition who are fitter, technically superior than ourselves thus when starting the new season we are able to compete at a decent level, Nothing is won based on pre-season it's purely for fitness,trying different formations , experimenting etc and fans just really need to look at them like that and nothing else.

Hilarious that folk think comments on here will get back to the players and their confidence will drop. Oh and for every goal we concede I'll continue to post "McGurn would have saved that", just because I can :)

If you watch any of his YouTube videos youll see he is a talent. His goal scoring record for Scotland is good also.

Against other players his own age maybe. He has a good first touch but that seems to be about it. He has no pace or presence at all

You posted a few posts ago that you hope he plays for Dundee in the game on Wednesday. Am sure the young 17 year old lad will be buzzing with that comment and it will do his confidence wonders

That was a joke. Nobody can judge how a players going to be after 2 games. Mentioned a couple of pages ago, was that people thought Scott was going to be a really good player for us last season after 2 friendlies.

Wighton hasn't been anything special so far but for all we know, we cam be calling him the wonderkid in 6 months after scoring 12/13 by Christmas. They'res no way of knowing.

Raithie was also taking the piss when he kept on posting " Mcgurn would have saved that"

Also if a players going to let a few comments on a public forum dent his confidence that much. Then he really shouldn't be playing football professionally.

Personally thought that Cuthbert was pretty good today, made a few good saves and looked more like the keeper we thought we we were signing last year. Would still rather have mcgurn in goals though. But I'm not the manager so I will back him whenever he plays. Think Wighton needs time to adjust to his new team mates cos there is a decent player there

Personally thought that Cuthbert was pretty good today, made a few good saves and looked more like the keeper we thought we we were signing last year. Would still rather have mcgurn in goals though. But I'm not the manager so I will back him whenever he plays. Think Wighton needs time to adjust to his new team mates cos there is a decent player there

About the half hour mark he reacted well to a thunderbolt for Barry Robson and another effort from Goodwillie that he got a toe to, to prevent a goal.

I really hope Wighton's got away with that one because the still photo shows something that could easily result in a very bad injury. Hopefully no worse than a very mild sprain.

And as for the comments on him, we all know he's 17. My only worry is if we end up relying on him up front and he doesn't get the support he needs. That won't end well.

I really hope Wighton's got away with that one because the still photo shows something that could easily result in a very bad injury. Hopefully no worse than a very mild sprain.

And as for the comments on him, we all know he's 17. My only worry is if we end up relying on him up front and he doesn't get the support he needs. That won't end well.

The good news is by the time of the League Cup game against Albion Rovers he'll have turned 18, so that will take some of the focus away from him.

Wighton looked good today and I have to say that the team has progressed a lot since the end of last season. The two centre halves did very well, McCord was Alloa's best player in my mind. Craigen was superb and Megginson will score goals. I like the way they played and it was always going to be hard when McInnes brought on 4 quality players in the 60th minute.

Raith will do well this season. I spoke to Ray McKinnon after the game. He came across really well and said he's like to add 1 more however will take his time and see what's available.

Lots to be positive about ok the streets of Raith me thinks

Wasn't there today but can't comment but the comments I've read about wighton seemed to be the same as against hearts, he worked hard off the ball and showed some decent touches but didn't have many clear cut chances. I'm sure the service will come and he will bang in a few before January but I do genuinely feel we are lacking in a natural goal scorer who could notch us 15 goals like a Graham or even baird from previous years. If Stewart can step up to the plate and do it then that's fine but I do feel we are light up top. Back 4 and midfield do look solid though from what I've seen. Was it the same today? Also I would prefer to see Davie between the sticks and I can only imagine he will play the full 90 against both Dundee and East Fife to get game time and give McKinnon something to consider but it probably won't work that way and he will play against celtic's under 17s when they come.

I'd be worried if yous end up relying on him up front on his own. Dundee don't even view him as an out and out striker. Attacking midfielder/deep lying striker that can create stuff.

I'd be worried if yous end up relying on him up front on his own. Dundee don't even view him as an out and out striker. Attacking midfielder/deep lying striker that can create stuff.

Our only real 'number 9' is injured at the moment, so Wighton is filling in. Once Stewart is back, he'll be playing deeper, when he features.

Edited by Raith Against The Machine

Well, two games in and we haven't. Thing is, between Vaughan, Craigen, Megginson and Wighton we have decent competition for that role in the team. It's guys who can play more advanced we are short on....

Well, two games in and we haven't. Thing is, between Vaughan, Craigen, Megginson and Wighton we have decent competition for that role in the team. It's guys who can play more advanced we are short on....

Vaughan is a cracking young player, why the hell did you take on loan a player from another club in a similar postion ? Seems utter madness, especially one not as good.

From the Rovers camp, Stewarts hoping to be fit for Wed.

Judging by the fact that Weighton walked to the tunnel and to his car unaided I'd guess he will be fine.

Defensively and midfield wise were are very well covered.

In goal I'd still prefer the witch.

Up front, I just don't see where the goals will come from though. Unless the Stewart and Vaughan partnership picks up where it left off we are gonna struggle IMO.