The New Raith Rovers Thread

Murray was an exceptional player for us. Just what we needed when we came back up to this league.

However, apart from the first half of last season, I haven't enjoyed the league campaigns under his management, even if they have all been campaigns where we've finished 6th or 7th. In mitigation, his efforts in the cups were pretty decent.

I just didn't like his style of leadership. I'm not sad that he's gone. I am buying my season ticket with a lot less trepidation than I would have had.

Edited by Scary Bear

i doubt we'll ever hear the half of it. Slightly bemused that Ellis was left alone.....

This.

I'm still in shock about this news. Even though I've been in the Murray out camp since half way through last seasons slump..he was starting to win me over round about January but he done his best to f*ck things up again. I still cant help it feeling a bit sad and in shock about it.

But, I always thought if, Murray did end up getting the boot, that Ellis would have followed him.

I do think we'll need to get someone in soon to get the whole of the summer to rebuild.

However, I do wish Grant all the best. And hopefully see him back at Starks before too long as an opposition manager.

The players do have to have a long, hard look at themselves too. Their performances and by extension their poor attitudes over the past few games have caused this to happen. Whether that says anything about his standing in the dressing room or not, I don't know.

As you say, I doubt we'll hear half of it.

Doubt they'll have the time to, they'll all be free agents pretty soon,

What about Ian Murray?

Well, if it's true that dismal performances in games where there is f**k all left to play for get you the sack, he'd hardly fare any better.

He might well be on a long contract at Dumbo, nevertheless he's probably got all the right stats for the job, albeit he's not been entirely faultless in his time at Dumbo. Anyone complaining about G. Murray's 3-5-2 vs Cowden would surely be aghast at I. Murray's 5-3-2 he's employed semi regularly down Dumbarton way - particularly if anyone remembers the first half mauling we gave them in January when playing that.....

Used all the savings from stopping season ticket fraud maybe.

Now some get on the phone to St Johnstone and ask how you go about to identify a good manager. Can't mind the last bad manager they appointed.

Steve Lomas is still free. He may have learned some humility over the past 18 months and not moan as much about budgets as he did when at Saints.

Steve Lomas is still free. He may have learned some humility over the past 18 months and not moan as much about budgets as he did when at Saints.

If he thought yours was shit, f**k knows what he'd say to ours.

Got to thank the manager for his hard work in his three years at the club. A cup final success, whatever the cup is will always be remembered.

But it was time for a change and I'm happy the board have acted at this time, rather than appoint someone further into next season.

So who can we draw up as a list of potential candidates for the job?

Maurice Malpas.

Derek Adams.

Colin Cameron.

Steven Pressley.

Danny Lennon (most unlikely due to just being appointed at Alloa)

John McGlynn

Jimmy Calderwood.

Barry Smith.

Any others?

Oh dear, just back in the country in time to hear this and I'm rather sad about it even if I'm the only one.

Mind you, I have the benefit of not having had to watch us play for the past four weeks.