The New Raith Rovers Thread

That just can't be true.

Gregory Tadé is hight on Hodgson's wishlist, but the owners won't sanction any transfer funds until he offloads a couple of players.

This friendly is our compensation.

Gregory Tadé is hight on Hodgson's wishlist, but the owners won't sanction any transfer funds until he offloads a couple of players.

This friendly is our compensation.

You play football at the bevi last night? If it wasn't you, it was your stunt double.

So Deuchar signs for Falkirk and Micky Cameron goes to Cooden. A pity but I dont think we had much chance of getting Deuchar, realistically, tho I thought Micky was a real possibility - obviously he's not the player he was but he'd add a lot of creativity in midfield, which we're sadly lacking.

Anyway, I reckon Cowdenbeath might surprise folk this season with Jimmy Nic and Micky in charge - they know whats required. I hope Jimmy gets a decent welcome when he comes to Stark's, not the boos he got last time - fukkin disgraceful.

I hope Campbell's projected return in September is genuine and not a delay for more bad news. Hill an Murray have done exceptionally well in his absence, but we really need a fit Campbell. I was surprised McGlynn didnt free Ellis. He was beginning to look past it now for this division.

PS - I think Gattusse is due some credit - pity he's gone.

He was rotten; a red card or bombscare moment waiting to happen. He evidently had one good game in a 0-0 draw with Ayr. I missed that game. He looked out of his depth on the three occasions I saw him playing.

huh.gif

As in, not good enough to compete/defend against 1st Division players. I heard that he played centre half against Ayr and looked very assured. Whenever I saw him he was playing right back and he looked like he had only recently taken up football.

Edited by Scary Bear

Not quite sure what the problem was with Gatheussi, he was clearly a good enough player for this level and maybe even higher but he seemed to be not right in the head at times, like in that Airdrie game in which he had to be hooked during the first half.

Gathuessi, to me, looked like he was on a different frequency.

He was trying to do things that the rest of the team wasn't prepared for, and clearly he hadn't been asked to do. He looked good on occasion, but the game at Airdrie he was just utterly hopeless. Nothing would work for him, at all.

I think, at the moment, it's probably better for us to be getting a player who's giving 7/10 performances every week, rather than someone who'll give a 10/10 one week, a 1/10 the next and then an 8/10 the week after, followed by a 3/10. We need solid consistency, particularly at the back.

Gatheussi thought he could use us to play his way into the Ivory Coast team for the world cup and he played like it. He always tried to be spectacular as an individual without worrying about the effect on the team. Did he really believe Sven would have people watching Rovers games?????

We need team players and he wasn't one.

Gatheussi thought he could use us to play his way into the Ivory Coast team for the world cup and he played like it. He always tried to be spectacular as an individual without worrying about the effect on the team. Did he really believe Sven would have people watching Rovers games?????

We need team players and he wasn't one.

Cameroon.

He was a good enough player initially, although his performances dipped after the quarter final at Dens. I don't know what it was, but he seemed to lose confidence/concentration or something after that.

I'll only remember Gatheussi for one thing, his hilarious dive right in front of the South Stand laugh.gif

Was that the Ayr game? That and his 'performance' against Dundee United are the only ones that I can remember. I'm sure there was another game early in in his time at Starks where he played right back (badly). I was expecting something special after the reviews he got in the 0-0 with Ayr.

I thought I was going to lose the plot along at Airdrie. he was utterly the worst player I had seen at right back, and this includes a whole list of shite right-backs that I've seen watching the Rovers!

It did seem like he was trying maybe a bit too hard. This ultimately cost him. Keep it simple in these leagues. No need for the Cryuff turns followed by a world cup pass. Maybe 1 every 10 games would be nice though. :lol:

I thought I was going to lose the plot along at Airdrie. he was utterly the worst player I had seen at right back, and this includes a whole list of shite right-backs that I've seen watching the Rovers!

It did seem like he was trying maybe a bit too hard. This ultimately cost him. Keep it simple in these leagues. No need for the Cryuff turns followed by a world cup pass. Maybe 1 every 10 games would be nice though. laugh.gif

I think Willie Lyle would have something to say about that