The New Raith Rovers Thread

Do they still have the Carlton in T-hall? Always look to get one of their fudge doughnuts when I'm up. Seem to recall that the Mercat one shut, making a visit to the high street even more pointless.

There's a small Stephens selection in the shop near where my parents live, but the fudge doughnuts just aren't quite the same.

Stephens have the best rolls, though.

Edited by Michael W

Do they still have the Carlton in T-hall? Always look to get one of their fudge doughnuts when I'm up. Seem to recall that the Mercat one shut, making a visit to the high street even more pointless.

There's a small Stephens selection in the shop near where my parents live, but the fudge doughnuts just aren't quite the same.

Stephens have the best rolls, though.

The Carlton in the Mercat was open when I was there the other week.

The Carlton in the Mercat was open when I was there the other week.

I was almost certain it had shut. Did a quick search and found this - http://www.fifetoday.co.uk/news/local-headlines/shock-as-kirkcaldy-baker-shuts-shops-1-2343191

Good to know it's back, though. :)

Yup agree with Michael, Stephens rolls are quality, especially well fired, but morning rolls are great too, especially with bacon. But Carlton take the prize for fudge donuts. Absolutely tremendous.

They are expensive, but well worth the money. I usually tend not to pick the well-fired ones, but it is good to have the choice.

I do miss the bakeries in Kirkcaldy.