The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Sweaty Morph said:

If it's only 2-3 weeks, do you think the contingency will be, 'Stevo can fill in'?

If it is, then we're doomed. St Mirren will be a completely different ball game to an Ayr team who'd not won for a longer period than us. McGinn, Loy and Mallan would have a field day. 

If it is, then we're doomed. St Mirren will be a completely different ball game to an Ayr team who'd not won for a longer period than us. McGinn, Loy and Mallan would have a field day. 

Aye, it was evident that the loss on Tuesday could be attributed more to our misfiring strikers than it could the goalkeeping situation. With absolutely no disrespect meant to Ayr, a half decent forward line could/should be putting 3/4+ goals past an outfield player playing in goal.

If you beleive anything from him or theBOD you are deluded. They don't have a clue as to what to do.  As far as people seem to think Drysdale has only been going to the SPLA meetings for 4 or 5 years prior to that he accompaned Bob Mullen to Glasgow for these meetings probably SFA stuff.  So he's been hanging around the rule makers for longer than people think.  He also tells mistruths as to how long he has been involved with Glasgow.

Quick question: Now we have a Chief Executive (Eric) what does the Chairman (Alan Young) do?

As I understand it, the Chief Exec is basically in charge and makes all the decisions and communicates with the outside world, but he takes direction and gets approval for major decisions from the Board.

So I take it the Chairman role just takes a back seat. Especially at a small football club, where with best will in the world, the Chairman won't have to get involved that much.

You could always try contacting the fans rep who should know.

You would think eh?

But our current Chief Exec, who sits on the SPFL board, has no idea on what the current SPFL rules and guidelines are. It's not exactly a foregone conclusion that the fans rep will know his job if the CEO doesn't know his..?

You could always try contacting the fans rep who should know.

Is he still alive?

Is Dave Wann still the fans rep?

I was quite enthused back in the day when the Raith Trust was really active, there was Reclaim the Rovers, and a fans rep on the Board. The fans rep thing hasn't worked for me, and I'm pretty much back to saying 'it's not my club, I don't own it, I just go to games'.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

Is he still alive?

Is Dave Wann still the fans rep?

I was quite enthused back in the day when the Raith Trust was really active, there was Reclaim the Rovers, and a fans rep on the Board. The fans rep thing hasn't worked for me, and I'm pretty much back to saying 'it's not my club, I don't own it, I just go to games'.

shows how much the present fans rep interacts with the fans when people don't even know who he is.

It is no longer Dave Wann, not for a while. Who made himself available under the south stand before every home game, we knew who he was. 

shows how much the present fans rep interacts with the fans when people don't even know who he is.
It is no longer Dave Wann, not for a while. Who made himself available under the south stand before every home game, we knew who he was. 

http://www.raithrovers.net/directors

If it's no longer him, who is it?

Boy keeps a low profile. Not even on the website.

It's Gordon Adamson.

http://www.raithrovers.net/23663/rrfc-supporter-director-election-result.htm

That news passed me by.

The successful candidate will be appointed to the board of the football club’s holding company, New Raith Rovers. It may also lead to the person being appointed to the board of the football club. The position exists because of the ongoing collective investment that fans make through their supporters’ organisations.

Take it he never got on the Board of the football club?

4 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

It's Gordon Adamson.

http://www.raithrovers.net/23663/rrfc-supporter-director-election-result.htm

That news passed me by.

The successful candidate will be appointed to the board of the football club’s holding company, New Raith Rovers. It may also lead to the person being appointed to the board of the football club. The position exists because of the ongoing collective investment that fans make through their supporters’ organisations.

Take it he never got on the Board of the football club?

is he the one who always seems to be busy with a microphone ?

whether he made it to the Board of the Football Club is something I don't know, never heard.

4 minutes ago, Ancient Mariner said:

is he the one who always seems to be busy with a microphone ?

whether he made it to the Board of the Football Club is something I don't know, never heard.

You can just look these things up at Companies House. I just did. Gordon Adamson was appointed a director of Raith Rovers Football Club Limited in April 2016.