The New Raith Rovers Thread

Forgive me if ive missed it ,but the defensive show from Dundee today was pure class. I hope Mr McGlynn was watching they threw their bodies in front of everything, and never gave up the ghost, very impressive indeed, this attitude contributed more to the victory than anything else. Mendy was 1st Div standard and Dundee looked premier.

Ro Sham Bo is probably just a tight c**t and was looking for an excuse not to contribute anyway. Probably one of the ones who complained you couldn’t give just a fiver a month.
Yeah probably. To be honest right now even buying a season ticket seems above and beyond considering the season that most likely awaits us.

Well that was a wake up call if ever we needed one. I was gutted for big Nando today, I don’t think I’ve seen a worse display from a rovers defender and I’ve seen Ronnie Coyle, Odd whatever his name was and Anelkas signings. It even made me wonder what Ross Perry is up to!

In the middle of the park I thought we looked good, Hendry was majestic and Matthews is a warrior.

Up top I like the look of Allan, he holds the ball up well but we couldn’t capitalise.

I really hate our insistence on playing the ball out from the keeper to the centre halves. Nando and Davo aren’t confident enough in possession and it invites pressure.

Dundee looked very sharp going forward, they will give their neighbours a good run for their money.

Mendy had a disaster today but I think leaving him on actually paid off - he recovered a wee bit (a wee bit mind) and hos confidence shouldn't be totally shot. With a two year deal, if there's a player in there we need to be finding it. Having said that about his confidence, he still looked (overly) willing to play possession in tight spaces, hit first time passes and played it long cross-field quite ably. Most important now is that he can reflect on what happened and adjust his game: strikers shut you down quickly and they shove you, get used to it immediately.

Whatever McGlynn got the bin for, he was pretty sure of what he was saying...or very stressed about having signed a pure pudding on a 2 year deal.

Takes the wind out our sails pretty early doors though.

Just now, Frank conner said:

I'm no having Dundonions taking the piss out of my club although I heard you welcomed Drysdale with open arms. Care to explain?

This is far from the case, although we acknowledged one another, similarly the same happened at a pre season game at Brechin when McKinnon was in attendance, some things just can't be avoided, like farts in a lift.

1 minute ago, Zen Archer said:

This is far from the case, although we acknowledged one another, similarly the same happened at a pre season game at Brechin when McKinnon was in attendance, some things just can't be avoided, like farts in a lift.

Bollocks same old same old some things never change old pals act.

It's not helped you in the long run its junior football for you soon [emoji16]

Of course they won't you absolute nonce they will go bust before that happens. 

Started arguing with yourself now Frank?