The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

Player sponsorship is £275 home and £275 away (£275 includes vat)

last time I did it, it was £200 + vat 

when I asked last week there were very few players left.

Aye - this is correct - current shirt sponsors all got an email a couple of weeks ago to confirm by 30 May whether we wanted to continue for next season. 

18 hours ago, Offshore Rover said:

Wait till you find out that most back boxes are metal and that some cables are run in metal conduit and trunking … not to mention that new consumer units are mostly metal too

Just picked up about 15 galvanised U boxes as I read this. 

3 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Anybody ITK about the defensive situation. Good to see the team back together. This positivity is infectious. 

I've heard we have offered terms to two CHs one very experienced the other is currently down south. 

7 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I've heard we have offered terms to two CHs one very experienced the other is currently down south. 

With you saying down South Euan Murray immediate springs to mind here. 

10 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

We defo need experience at the back, a level head and a calming influence for the youngsters. 

7 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Are the initials KW and DN? They were two rumours I’d heard last week but nothing concrete so not sure if they are still possibilities.

2 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Are the initials KW and DN? They were two rumours I’d heard last week but nothing concrete so not sure if they are still possibilities.

PM me, my mind is ablaze with absolute nosiness. 🙏😊

1 minute ago, baillieinleeds said:

PM me, my mind is ablaze with absolute nosiness. 🙏😊

Haha I have no idea if they are true or not! Not heard anything other than we were looking at them as options a week or two ago and the two names would fit the description given. As before, don’t want to publish names as some on here have said they like the ‘surprise’ of a signing. If they are the names who @raith1974 has heard we have offered deals to, I’ll drop you a PM.

8 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

The first initials here I could only think of one player that it could be but I could be entirely wrong though 

1 minute ago, R.R.FC said:

Haha I have no idea if they are true or not! Not heard anything other than we were looking at them as options a week or two ago and the two names would fit the description given. As before, don’t want to publish names as some on here have said they like the ‘surprise’ of a signing. If they are the names who @raith1974 has heard we have offered deals to, I’ll drop you a PM.

I've heard nothing to suggest either will sign. Was hoping one or 2 would rock up at SP today.

11 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

DN and experienced?  We’re bringing back David Narey?  

2 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I think he’ll go back to the pars they’ve just gotten a pay day from the KN sale 

Isn't he under contract, maybe the Pars are looking at him though. Also read that Falkirk want a keeper they had on loan from Forest last season. He has been released and looking to be 1st choice, can't see then signing MacDonald if that's the case.

4 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Isn't he under contract, maybe the Pars are looking at him though. Also read that Falkirk want a keeper they had on loan from Forest last season. He has been released and looking to be 1st choice, can't see then signing MacDonald if that's the case.

Aye I think he’s got a year left but I think they’re now in the national league and might want to cash in if they can and with the Falkirk keeper situation I think that boy from Forest could be decent signing for them tbf