The New Raith Rovers Thread

25 minutes ago, spot on said:

Why would a loan player from England be expected to accept less game time than one from Scotland ?

Because we’d be getting a player from a lower level of football. A loanee from an English side would likely be from a League One or Two side, looking to get perhaps some salary relief and keep a player ticking over. He’d still get more time up here than as the third or fourth string striker down there, and would get more focused practices and practice time here too.

We’re smaller teams than English football, so the coaching is a little more personalized and direct. Being the second striker/hold up player here is a decent place to put a developing prospect, and the exposure to different coaching and training is a plus too.

10 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Because we’d be getting a player from a lower level of football. A loanee from an English side would likely be from a League One or Two side, looking to get perhaps some salary relief and keep a player ticking over. He’d still get more time up here than as the third or fourth string striker down there, and would get more focused practices and practice time here too.

We’re smaller teams than English football, so the coaching is a little more personalized and direct. Being the second striker/hold up player here is a decent place to put a developing prospect, and the exposure to different coaching and training is a plus too.

Yeah, thats not a lower level of football. 

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Yeah, thats not a lower level of football. 

It’s lower than the Scottish Premiership or English Championship/Premier. I wholly agree, we’re pretty comparable to about lower English League One or League Two…which is why getting a promising youngster (see O’Riorden, Conor) can happen when they know they can’t start them or offer them good playing time. Murray’s already shown a knack for that kind of thing, we can hope.

1 hour ago, Specky Ginger said:

Goncalves has been released from Livingston.

He'll be looking for a club.

Some poor sods are about to get landed.😳

Some manager will think they can be the ones to get him back on track. If that shot from the halfway line against Rangers had gone in, it would've gone down as one of my favourite goals of all time. 

16 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Some manager will think they can be the ones to get him back on track. If that shot from the halfway line against Rangers had gone in, it would've gone down as one of my favourite goals of all time. 

There was about a 3 or 4 second period whilst the ball was in the air where it really did look like it was going to drop in. His goal against Motherwell was class as well, probably the high point of the season. But he was also about as fit as me after 2 weeks in Rhodes and half as bothered. 

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

There was about a 3 or 4 second period whilst the ball was in the air where it really did look like it was going to drop in. His goal against Motherwell was class as well, probably the high point of the season. But he was also about as fit as me after 2 weeks in Rhodes and half as bothered. 

100% agree on the Motherwell one. I think everyone thought 'Christ, we might have a good centre forward here" only for the following week in Stenhousemuir where he looked totally lost. 

It's game day tomorrow!

We kick off our busy September with Queen's Park tomorrow at Stark's Park.

After our first three fixtures, we sit unbeaten in third place and go into tomorrow's match with the opportunity to leapfrog into first with a win.

In every match so far, your backing has been amazing. Last weekend's atmosphere and support was outstanding, and played an integral part in pushing the team over the line.

With three home games to kick off the month, let's get as many of you at Stark's Park as possible there with us.

BUY QUEEN'S PARK TICKETS

A thank you from General Manager, Dean Mckenzie:

It’s a pleasure to be back at Stark’s Park tomorrow and for the first three matches of the month.

Your presence at the stadium and your unwavering support for Raith Rovers is the glue for the culture we have set within the club since the board come in three months ago. 

As we gather in the stands as once again tomorrow, let’s give Ian and the lads that same partisan backing we have done at every match this season, home and away. The numbers and your noise have been remarkable.

What about our team's performance?! It's been inspiring to witness the dedication and effort from Ian, our management staff and of course the players who have been relentless in every training session and match. 

Their togetherness and determination, coupled with the new stats and analytics-based benchmarking that has been set from this season, have resulted in some very positive outcomes and wins. 

We are up across the board in output and some underperforming areas on the pitch that needed rectified last season, have been sorted and performing well thus far.

These wins on the pitch and wins on the data are not just numbers on a scoreboard at the end of the match, it’s a strategy by design within recruitment, day to day and on a matchday to give us the best chance of success over a sustained period.

The early results are a testament to John, Ian, Micky, Bill and Blair for their hard and skilful work on a daily basis and to the players who believe and are always striving to be better and hit their targets each day

Beyond the boundaries of the pitch, our off-field endeavours have been making waves as well. Our collaborations with local businesses and sponsors have been flourishing, opening new avenues for growth and development. These partnerships are more than just business transactions; they exemplify the spirit of unity that defines our community. We're not just a football club; we're a cohesive force that extends far beyond the pitch.

A heartfelt thank you goes out to you, the fans who have embraced this journey with us. The surge in season ticket sales speaks volumes about your loyalty and commitment to Raith Rovers. It's not just about attending matches; it's about being a part of something bigger, something that binds us together. 

Your presence in the stands is a reminder of the power of unity, and we're incredibly grateful for your ongoing support.

The demand for our strips has been nothing short of phenomenal. From merchandise that proudly displays our colours to jerseys that represent our club, your enthusiasm for Raith Rovers is on full display. Each shirt embodies a shared sense of identity and pride that we all carry with us.

On the retail side, Andrew has been working to get things ready for the launch of our new teamwear and merchandise range. We will have some new improvements to our retail offerings at Stark’s Park with a new outlet and also online as Ruaridh and his team near completion of the new stunning website and online shop. Watch this space.

Before I wrap up, I want to express my deep gratitude to each and every one of you on behalf of the Board and Club. Your passion and dedication are the driving forces behind our journey and every matchday is a celebration of this. 

It hasn’t been an easy four months as you can imagine to turn the ship, made all the more difficult with Board and staff members on holidays, trips and time away on business. In the last three weeks I've personally had to attend to business matters of my own.

With everyone mucking in with Andrew leading to keep us moving forward, it has shown true teamwork across the Board. A great sign of something special.

See you all tomorrow!

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

Utter waffle

11 minutes ago, pub car king said:

It's game day tomorrow!

We kick off our busy September with Queen's Park tomorrow at Stark's Park.

After our first three fixtures, we sit unbeaten in third place and go into tomorrow's match with the opportunity to leapfrog into first with a win.

In every match so far, your backing has been amazing. Last weekend's atmosphere and support was outstanding, and played an integral part in pushing the team over the line.

With three home games to kick off the month, let's get as many of you at Stark's Park as possible there with us.

BUY QUEEN'S PARK TICKETS

A thank you from General Manager, Dean Mckenzie:

It’s a pleasure to be back at Stark’s Park tomorrow and for the first three matches of the month.

Your presence at the stadium and your unwavering support for Raith Rovers is the glue for the culture we have set within the club since the board come in three months ago. 

As we gather in the stands as once again tomorrow, let’s give Ian and the lads that same partisan backing we have done at every match this season, home and away. The numbers and your noise have been remarkable.

What about our team's performance?! It's been inspiring to witness the dedication and effort from Ian, our management staff and of course the players who have been relentless in every training session and match. 

Their togetherness and determination, coupled with the new stats and analytics-based benchmarking that has been set from this season, have resulted in some very positive outcomes and wins. 

We are up across the board in output and some underperforming areas on the pitch that needed rectified last season, have been sorted and performing well thus far.

These wins on the pitch and wins on the data are not just numbers on a scoreboard at the end of the match, it’s a strategy by design within recruitment, day to day and on a matchday to give us the best chance of success over a sustained period.

The early results are a testament to John, Ian, Micky, Bill and Blair for their hard and skilful work on a daily basis and to the players who believe and are always striving to be better and hit their targets each day

Beyond the boundaries of the pitch, our off-field endeavours have been making waves as well. Our collaborations with local businesses and sponsors have been flourishing, opening new avenues for growth and development. These partnerships are more than just business transactions; they exemplify the spirit of unity that defines our community. We're not just a football club; we're a cohesive force that extends far beyond the pitch.

A heartfelt thank you goes out to you, the fans who have embraced this journey with us. The surge in season ticket sales speaks volumes about your loyalty and commitment to Raith Rovers. It's not just about attending matches; it's about being a part of something bigger, something that binds us together. 

Your presence in the stands is a reminder of the power of unity, and we're incredibly grateful for your ongoing support.

The demand for our strips has been nothing short of phenomenal. From merchandise that proudly displays our colours to jerseys that represent our club, your enthusiasm for Raith Rovers is on full display. Each shirt embodies a shared sense of identity and pride that we all carry with us.

On the retail side, Andrew has been working to get things ready for the launch of our new teamwear and merchandise range. We will have some new improvements to our retail offerings at Stark’s Park with a new outlet and also online as Ruaridh and his team near completion of the new stunning website and online shop. Watch this space.

Before I wrap up, I want to express my deep gratitude to each and every one of you on behalf of the Board and Club. Your passion and dedication are the driving forces behind our journey and every matchday is a celebration of this. 

It hasn’t been an easy four months as you can imagine to turn the ship, made all the more difficult with Board and staff members on holidays, trips and time away on business. In the last three weeks I've personally had to attend to business matters of my own.

With everyone mucking in with Andrew leading to keep us moving forward, it has shown true teamwork across the Board. A great sign of something special.

See you all tomorrow!

Superb, what can one say in all my years of supporting and following our club, I cannot remember a time of such a feelgood factor surrounding it, except maybe for that brief period of time in the 90s, we appear at last to have turned a very large corner thanks to the dedication of everyone, long may this continue 

8 hours ago, TxRover said:

It’s lower than the Scottish Premiership or English Championship/Premier. I wholly agree, we’re pretty comparable to about lower English League One or League Two…which is why getting a promising youngster (see O’Riorden, Conor) can happen when they know they can’t start them or offer them good playing time. Murray’s already shown a knack for that kind of thing, we can hope.

Outwith 4/5 clubs in our Premiership that’s probably where most Scottish Premiership teams are at not Scottish Championship teams.

Scottish Championship probably much more similar to lower half of National League. 

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Outwith 4/5 clubs in our Premiership that’s probably where most Scottish Premiership teams are at not Scottish Championship teams.

Scottish Championship probably much more similar to lower half of National League. 

The Scottish Championship is ranked between English League Two and the National League…Scottish Premiership is just above English League One.