The New Raith Rovers Thread

9 hours ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

Not asking for much then?

Just a ‘left field’ appointment, with a ‘proven track record’, who’s willing to ‘work within the setup’.

You’ll not be alone in struggling to think of anyone specific there.

OK I'll go left field, Paul Lambert 😂

2 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

I heard John Potter was right in amongst it today, really pushing and praising the players which I think was needed. 

Potter deserves a lot of credit today. Decimated by injuries and players in shock by the managers departure up against a lot of people’s favourites for the league. Most of us expected an away win. To come away with three points under those circumstances is fantastic! 

2 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Potter deserves a lot of credit today. Decimated by injuries and players in shock by the managers departure up against a lot of people’s favourites for the league. Most of us expected an away win. To come away with three points under those circumstances is fantastic! 

Potter was on the touchline, but it was a Murray team and performance. It even had the trademark midfielder in defence. 

5 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

I’ll go one further, he is a man from Solitude, I can’t remember his bloody name. But I heard he was a legend at Southampton and Ipswich🤣🤣

🤔 you meaning Magilton....lol 🤣

2 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Potter was on the touchline, but it was a Murray team and performance. It even had the trademark midfielder in defence. 

Maybe Potter was doing what a Murray team should’ve been achieving instead of being sat on his arse for the majority of the games, you know he did!!

Not our biggest issue at the moment but the board trying to significantly up the prices and change the 200 club seems a bit rash. 

It may occupy a premium space but its a club that has contributed a fair bit to the club through the not so good times and I can see the current plans causing ill feeling.

While we're chatting maximising revenue, I appreciate our efforts to get sponsors on board but it would be good to slightly move the boards on the Pratt Street side at the North end as they obscure the corner.

1 minute ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

Not our biggest issue at the moment but the board trying to significantly up the prices and change the 200 club seems a bit rash. 

It may occupy a premium space but its a club that has contributed a fair bit to the club through the not so good times and I can see the current plans causing ill feeling.

While we're chatting maximising revenue, I appreciate our efforts to get sponsors on board but it would be good to slightly move the boards on the Pratt Street side at the North end as they obscure the corner.

Where would you move them to?

That corner is already very busy.

1 minute ago, Beachbum said:

Where would you move them to?

That corner is already very busy.

Somewhere where they aren't blocking peoples view seems like a basic ask that shouldnt be beyond the board. 

2 minutes ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

Somewhere where they aren't blocking peoples view seems like a basic ask that shouldnt be beyond the board. 

Ideally the back wall that faces onto Pratt Street would be ideal, but the community goals are stored there too. 

Just now, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

That's been a problem since last season. The board take the view that the advertisers have paid their fees and won't want the advertising moved probably because there's good exposure being on Raith TV every other week.

The board may be willing to move you to another seat.

5 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

The board may be willing to move you to another seat.

If we're selling out the Main at big games in line with the boards ambitions then it will just continue to be a problem.

On a more positive note was the C stand all community tickets ? If so thats a really good inititiave.