Who's Going To Uni?

I didn't either. Until reading this thread I thought it was Charles Kennedy purely because he sends out countless e-mails. Turns out to be Muscatelli, someone I've never heard of.

Is Chico still the Rector?

His election campaign was excellent back in the day, in the union getting some stick for not wanting a cheap pint. :lol: The added bonus was that he trounced that c**t Anwar, who though it was a good idea to come into the food factory and give everyone a patronising speech which was jeered by most.

His election campaign was excellent back in the day, in the union getting some stick for not wanting a cheap pint. :lol: The added bonus was that he trounced that c**t Anwar, who though it was a good idea to come into the food factory and give everyone a patronising speech which was jeered by most.

I think he is but I'm not entirely sure. I knew of campaigns around May(?) time and he was up against a woman I'd never heard of although she is also supposed to be famous.

Oh oh! He still doesn't appreciate the error.

And to think you pulled me up for a typo. :lol:

Oh oh: you don't appreciate the Greenockian creativity with language. Hence there is no error, and all your scrambling is redundant.

I think he is but I'm not entirely sure. I knew of campaigns around May(?) time and he was up against a woman I'd never heard of although she is also supposed to be famous.

Charlie K got re-elected earlier this year, not long before the Hetherington eviction was bungled. He chaired the reconciliation meeting which basically turned into a democratic lynch mob calling for Muscatelli's head.

He stood against a woman whose surname was also Kennedy. He won with something like IIRC 80% of the vote.

Lend is a perfectly acceptable alternative, unlucky.

I'm just going to lend some money from my parents :wacko:

Perhaps I should sell a book from the bookshop so I can add it to my library. Or maybe I should buy my chess set on eBay to raise some money. Perhaps I should borrow my kilt to a kilt shop while I'm at it?

Clown.

I take it the student loan is pisher in 4th year? That or the budgets cut. Mine is a bit less than previous years and as far as im aware my circumstances havent changed. You dont get travel expenses any more either. They just said it was added onto the loan which is why im baffled im gettin less.

I got travelling expenses last year (4th year), considerably more than my expenses actually were.

The loan was the same as it always was as well.

I am quitting work tomorrow to start a MSc in Software at Birkbeck in October. So at the grand old age of 38, me. I am going to uni.

A Masters in London? How much they charging for that? I know Napier charge the Indians £10k a pop for that!

Charlie K got re-elected earlier this year, not long before the Hetherington eviction was bungled. He chaired the reconciliation meeting which basically turned into a democratic lynch mob calling for Muscatelli's head.

He stood against a woman whose surname was also Kennedy. He won with something like IIRC 80% of the vote.

I think it was more like 95%. AL Kennedy never stood a chance.

Charles was around the unions quite alot campaigning - hosted a pub quiz at the QM too. Seems like a good bloke and definitely merited a 2nd term as rector, simply for the fact he got involved with the students and takes their opinions on board (like voting against the rise in tuition fees) . It's a bit like having our own MP actually.

I think it was more like 95%. AL Kennedy never stood a chance.

Charles was around the unions quite alot campaigning - hosted a pub quiz at the QM too. Seems like a good bloke and definitely merited a 2nd term as rector, simply for the fact he got involved with the students and takes their opinions on board (like voting against the rise in tuition fees) . It's a bit like having our own MP actually.

He's a very personable chap. Candid but not judgemental. I voted for him. Come to think of it he's probably the only person I've voted for who ever won an election.

I can't remember for sure, but I think there used to be University Constituencies before various bits of electoral reform. Not sure if Glasgow had one.

A Masters in London? How much they charging for that? I know Napier charge the Indians £10k a pop for that!

I have lived down here for a few years so have cheap digs and know the really cheap places (ie illegal parties and the like) so can live okish.

I have lived down here for a few years so have cheap digs and know the really cheap places (ie illegal parties and the like) so can live okish.

Not too bad, a Masters in Scotland is 3.5k so given the fuss that people made about 9k a year and all that bullshit, that's pretty reasonable!

They must have been on sale that day.

Mine was £3.5k (albeit SAAS paid it), plus an extra £360 to right the dissertation. It has gone up a bit since then, but that was only two years ago so not that much.

This is from Glasgow as it was the first one I found on Google.

Band 3 (the lowest a Scot can pay)- £3,732

Equivalent for a non-EU student - £12,500! :o

Mine was £3.5k (albeit SAAS paid it), plus an extra £360 to right the dissertation. It has gone up a bit since then, but that was only two years ago so not that much.

This is from Glasgow as it was the first one I found on Google.

Band 3 (the lowest a Scot can pay)- £3,732

Equivalent for a non-EU student - £12,500! :o

That's a bargain, wish I got such a good deal.

Do the bands depend on what subject you do?