Who's Going To Uni?

Considering my options for Uni and was wondering if anyone on here is doing Criminology? If so, what qualifications to you need and is there certain Highers that they look for?

I am pal. I've got an HNC in police studies, which I needed a B in for Napier, but got an A. I'm sure Abertay would have let me in with a C, however.

Your parents should have it kicking about, if not, you (more likely them) will have to give the tax office a call looking for a copy. AFAIK, P60 should have everything for SAAS to process it, but make sure they're aware of any Disability Benefits or that before they process it. I realise they're a pain in the arse, but keep at them and make sure they've got all the info possible. Send it all recorded as well, if you can.

Thanks a lot, mate. My Mum phoned up the DWP for a copy of her P60U and they said they can't send it. No idea where to get it from. I've got a copy of her disability benefits but that wont be enough. Am I right in thinking it would be the Jobcentre Plus who would have her P60U?

They've been trying to use it to get rid of "undesirables".

Unlucky.

Quick update: they are still in the process of re-scheduling some of the classes. I did wonder when some of the classes were unavailable but carried on regardless.

I believe all the undesirables left this summer.

Thanks a lot, mate. My Mum phoned up the DWP for a copy of her P60U and they said they can't send it. No idea where to get it from. I've got a copy of her disability benefits but that wont be enough. Am I right in thinking it would be the Jobcentre Plus who would have her P60U?

I think you can request a statement of benefits from the Benefits office (although this might be the same as you already have), I know we accept them, but I dunno about SAAS. The P60U should have been sent to her in April, like a standard P60 (I think). If your Mum has been working, they might (should) accept a statement of earnings from an employer. They must have a provision for it, because you can't be the only person ever to have this problem.

Sorry I canna be more help min, SAAS can be a law unto themselves and your answer can depend on whether you get a new start/experienced member of staff on the phone. Gotta keep at them, unfortunately.

I tried and failed to enroll for 3rd year today. Just another day on MyCampus. 8) I have now been moved to a 3rd advisor in 3 years and come September/October that will become 4.

MyCampus is an utter joke. They must still have the WebSurf software kicking about - they should just cut their losses and go back to it whenever it is feasible.

I did manage to register, but I do only have two classes this year.

I think you can request a statement of benefits from the Benefits office (although this might be the same as you already have), I know we accept them, but I dunno about SAAS. The P60U should have been sent to her in April, like a standard P60 (I think). If your Mum has been working, they might (should) accept a statement of earnings from an employer. They must have a provision for it, because you can't be the only person ever to have this problem.

Sorry I canna be more help min, SAAS can be a law unto themselves and your answer can depend on whether you get a new start/experienced member of staff on the phone. Gotta keep at them, unfortunately.

No, that's brilliant help - it's very much appreciated. Thanks a lot.

I hope Strathclyde's University Challenge entrants are hanging their heads in shame, after possibly the most humiliating first round performance ever.

If anyone sees these dunces on their travels round the John Street Tech, I hope they Nelson Muntz them.

Yes I lol'ed my way through that last night: at least they didn't finish on the -5 points they had for the first half of the show.

That's what happens though when you let two engineers and a politics student onto the side. Hardly the brains of the operation.

No - I too feared for them at the start.

A particular low point had to be the gimp at the end giving a year as the answer to a question about "Which King".

I am certain the only reason they got -5 was because the dim captain wanted to have his name said on TV.

I hope Strathclyde's University Challenge entrants are hanging their heads in shame, after possibly the most humiliating first round performance ever.

If anyone sees these dunces on their travels round the John Street Tech, I hope they Nelson Muntz them.

Supplemented by a healthy rendition of "Your dad works for my dad".

No - I too feared for them at the start.

A particular low point had to be the gimp at the end giving a year as the answer to a question about "Which King".

I am certain the only reason they got -5 was because the dim captain wanted to have his name said on TV.

Just watching it now and there's a question and it's "what final letter connects" and then a list of things and one of them was the SI unit of illuminance. I don't do electrical engineering(like one of Strathclyde's team) but surely that'd have come up, the answer being Lux(well X was the last letter connects them).

For shame.

Just watching it now and there's a question and it's "what final letter connects" and then a list of things and one of them was the SI unit of illuminance. I don't do electrical engineering(like one of Strathclyde's team) but surely that'd have come up, the answer being Lux(well X was the last letter connects them).

For shame.

You'd be surprised, it's entirely possible to get through an electrical engineering degree without needing to use the SI unit for luminance. I really can't remember using it, you can get by most optics with joules and Watts from an electrical engineer's point of view.

Having said that, I worry about the state of Strathclyde's engineering department anyway.....