Who's Going To Uni?

:DGood to hear it. Did got get given a massive armful to give out again?

We were left alone this time. Probably in part because Labour only had a stall for 1 day. Anas Sarwar stopped by for a photo opportunity with the Labour stall. I just about managed to conceal my contempt for him.

I'm staying in Polwarth, similar situation. Got 3 other folk in my flat and I'm not sure if they actually leave their rooms more than once a day. :thumbsdown

I'm in Polwarth too! You met anyone else? Just come up to ours whenever you want if they're still being arseholes :lol:

Yeah, as others say, don't bother with books. I bought one or two in first year and never even looked at them once. The library/the internet is your friend when it comes to essays. There's thousands of shit on Google to chuck in as a reference.

On your other point, sounds shit. Find it strange they've put a first year into Polwarth rather than actual halls. If possible join a club or something if you're interested in anything in particular, I know for example they run a six-a-side league at the sports centre that I played in. Good way to make a few more pals.

I put down Polwarth as my main preference because the bathroom/kitchen situation in Halls was a bit off-putting. It's gotten so much better now though and I'm really enjoying it. 4 of us are now pretty good friends and I've gotten to the stage where I don't really give a f**k about the other two - we all tried to make an effort with them but I suppose they're quite content to exclude themselves from the rest of us. Turns out one of them is a bit of an arsehole anyway so he can do what he wants.

Yeah, I've seen you xbl. Well thought it was you anyway, wasn't sure enough to say anything. :P

Met cooooooombe or whatever his name is as well, but still find it baffling that in all my years doing bugger all in the library that I've not seen someone else on P&B. Depending upon whether they looked like a serial killer or not, I'd definitely introduce myself.

edit: Remember somebody on here saw me peeing into the lake, dunno who that was though...

Edited by Guest

Yeah, I've seen you xbl. Well thought it was you anyway, wasn't sure enough to say anything. :P

I didn't make the connection till I noticed your avatar recently! I'm sure I stood in front of your class and forgot your name for about 9 successive weeks...and for that, I'm very sorry. :ph34r:

edit: Remember somebody on here saw me peeing into the lake, dunno who that was though...

f**k. I've been skinny dipping in the lake... with a girl 8) ... oh alcohol.

Edited by Enigma

I didn't make the connection till I noticed your avatar recently! I'm sure I stood in front of your class and forgot your name for about 9 successive weeks...and for that, I'm very sorry. :ph34r:

:lol:

Can't remember that tbh. What I can say is though you were a breath of fresh air compared to the borefests most tutorials are, no wonder not many people go. Yawn.

Going into fourth and probably final year this coming year, we've been getting emails from the year adviser all over the summer and it was from probably my favourite lecturer (he's a great laugh and his classes have always been easy, pisstakes because they're mostly about the Civil Engineering industry rather than any sort of maths or science based stuff) but I got an email yesterday saying that our adviser would be changing from him to one of my least favourite (she was a complete bitch in second and third year.

To start off her reign, she's said that she's hosting a meeting to outline the year ahead and whatnot for next Monday which I believe is supposed to be a day off for the September Weekend. So now I have to come in for an hour just for that. I'm not impressed. I hope someone emails her to change it.

Actually that's a fair point, I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone on P&B at uni. (Merchiston btw) I'm always on it, looking for an excuse not to do any work. :lol:

Anyway today I had a lecture, first of many on sustainable development and all I can say is that it was genuinly interesting, started off basic today I guess, with fossil fuel consumption and other relevant stuff like that, whilst the module isn't directly related to the building indusrty in what is taught, I'm glad we're doing it, cause for once I sat and listened the whole way through.

Ohh and it's taught by a French woman, who lapses into brief Scottish accent in amongst the French, which is pretty amusing. :lol:

I hope someone emails her to change it.

Can't you?

:lol:

Can't remember that tbh. What I can say is though you were a breath of fresh air compared to the borefests most tutorials are, no wonder not many people go. Yawn.

Why thank you, its always nice to get a good review! I try to find a nice middle ground between entertaining, educational, and terrifying. I just hope to god they never formally surprise audit my classes...