Who's Going To Uni?

Next semester I have 5 9am starts, a day with 6 hours between 2 lectures, another with 5 hours between 2 lectures. It doesn't get much better in semester 2 either. And that's before I've put any tutorials in.

Boo fucking hoo.

Is it any wonder Dickson is always moaning about students...

Once upon a time I thought that was what I wanted to do, a part of me is still a frustrated teacher! When/if I finish at Uni this time, I'll be done with getting academic qualifications forever, I hope.

yes, because you'll have run out of academic qualifications to go for.

yes, because you'll have run out of academic qualifications to go for.

Well yes, that too! Although I did have a student in one of my classes last year who was doing a MSc in Computing...despite already having a PhD in History.

Semester One

Monday:- Property Lecture (9-10), Tax Lecture (4-5)

Tuesday:- Politics Lecture (9-10), Law and Government Lecture (1-2), Tax Lecture (4-5)

Wednesday:- Politics Lecture (9-10)

Thursday:- Politics Lecture (9-10), Law and Government Lecture (1-2), Tax Lecture (4-5)

Friday:- Law and Government Lecture (9-10, weeks 1-4 only), Property Lecture (3-4)

Semester Two

Monday:- Property Lecture (11-12, weeks 5-8 only), Business Organisations Lecture (12-1)

Tuesday:- Politics Lecture (9-10), Commercial Law (4-5)

Thursday:- Politics Lecture (9-10), Property Lecture (12-1, weeks 5-8 only), Commercial Law Lecture (4-5)

Friday:- Property Lecture (9-10), Business Organisations Lecture (12-1)

Likely to fit-in a Politics Tutorial on Wednesday at 11 if possible. Still waiting to see when the Law Tutorial options are. Basically looks like 10-11 hours of lectures a week plus 5 or 6 hours of tutorials. Not horrendous, but the big gaps and late finishes are, if anything more annoying than the early starts.

Semester One

Monday:- Property Lecture (9-10), Tax Lecture (4-5)

Tuesday:- Politics Lecture (9-10), Law and Government Lecture (1-2), Tax Lecture (4-5)

Thursday:- Politics Lecture (9-10), Law and Government Lecture (1-2), Tax Lecture (4-5)

Friday:- Law and Government Lecture (9-10, weeks 1-4 only), Property Lecture (3-4)

Semester Two

Monday:- Property Lecture (11-12, weeks 5-8 only), Business Organisations Lecture (12-1)

Tuesday:- Politics Lecture (9-10), Commercial Law (4-5)

Thursday:- Politics Lecture (9-10), Property Lecture (12-1, weeks 5-8 only), Commercial Law Lecture (4-5)

Friday:- Property Lecture (9-10), Business Organisations Lecture (12-1)

Likely to fit-in a Politics Tutorial on Wednesday at 11 if possible. Still waiting to see when the Law Tutorial options are. Basically looks like 10-11 hours of lectures a week plus 5 or 6 hours of tutorials. Not horrendous, but the big gaps and late finishes are, if anything more annoying than the early starts.

Are you going into first or second year? If so, grow a set and give yourself the day off on a Wednesday. Put your Politics Tutorial on another day and make Wednesday of catching up with all subjects or get a job.

No idea yet when I'm supposed to be going back. From this year on I'll technically be a student at Napier Uni, but will be studying at my college. I'm jumping in to the 3rd year of a degree, after passing my HNC and HND. I'm sure my tutor last year said the end of September, but folk I know doing the same course at Napier are going back in about 2 weeks. :unsure:

Congratulations, you're now automatically better than Stuart Dickson. :D

I knew that anyway. ;)

Napier, you say?

Congrat...*snigger*...ulations :)

Sort of. I'm listed as one of their students, but I'll never have to step foot in the place. I wanted to do the final year of the BSc at college, and it's only offered through Napier, so didn't have much choice!

One of the modules I've picked for this semester is drugs and alchohol addiction studies which is completely online. :D Looks interesting too.

What course is it you are doing?

Just looked at my timetable for second year and its confusing. If possible I want a Thursday afternoon off so I can work but I can't work out if thats possible as the timetable shows all the tutorials/labs you only chose 1 of 3 or 4 and doesnt say whats a lecture and whats a lab/tutorial. :(