Who's Going To Uni?

Can someone in the know about UCAS help me here. I made Strathclyde my 'firm', and I need a B to get in, and I made Caledonian my 'insurance', and I needed a C to get in, I got a C for my exam and my offer to Caledonian changed from a conditional to an unconditional but that was over a month ago and I've not had a letter or anything from UCAS or Caledonian to confirm my place there but because I made it my insurance I pressume that means I'm in and the fact it's changed to an unconditional means I've met the target I needed?

Help, please :(

Can someone in the know about UCAS help me here. I made Strathclyde my 'firm', and I need a B to get in, and I made Caledonian my 'insurance', and I needed a C to get in, I got a C for my exam and my offer to Caledonian changed from a conditional to an unconditional but that was over a month ago and I've not had a letter or anything from UCAS or Caledonian to confirm my place there but because I made it my insurance I pressume that means I'm in and the fact it's changed to an unconditional means I've met the target I needed?

Help, please :(

Yeh thats you in, unless the Strathclyde one also says unconditional (what does it say?).

I went to Caledonian and you won't get a letter for ages - in fact the first one you get will just tell you when you've to turn up for induction(*by the way, we got told to turn up at 10am Monday morning, and thought that meant we had the rest of the week off before the semester actually started. Its not, they'll make you come in every day for different introductions, speeches, etc, so don't make any plans for that week. Thats your first Caledonian tip).

Yeh thats you in, unless the Strathclyde one also says unconditional (what does it say?).

I went to Caledonian and you won't get a letter for ages - in fact the first one you get will just tell you when you've to turn up for induction(*by the way, we got told to turn up at 10am Monday morning, and thought that meant we had the rest of the week off before the semester actually started. Its not, they'll make you come in every day for different introductions, speeches, etc, so don't make any plans for that week. Thats your first Caledonian tip).

The Strathclyde one still says conditional.

Cheers, that's lifted a weight off my shoulder :lol:

The Strathclyde one still says conditional.

Cheers, that's lifted a weight off my shoulder :lol:

In which case they might still accept you, ie have all the exam results been released yet?

I would contact Strathclyde just to find out for sure, and if they say no then at least you know you're in Caley.

Caley's the better of the two anyway - its looks prettier, has much better looking women (outstanding my boy, actually outstanding. Sitting in the Library is like sitting next to a catwalk). Only thing better about Strathclyde is the union, but with your matric card you entry to all the unions anyway.

'mon the Caley.

I was actually wondering as I got enough to get into university does that mean I have to go to my "firm offer" which was Glasgow or could I still go to my "insurance" which is Strathclyde? I've yet to visit Strathcylde so am still trying to make my mind up.

Yeah, just wondering if I still have the choice or not.

In which case they might still accept you, ie have all the exam results been released yet?

I would contact Strathclyde just to find out for sure, and if they say no then at least you know you're in Caley.

Caley's the better of the two anyway - its looks prettier, has much better looking women (outstanding my boy, actually outstanding. Sitting in the Library is like sitting next to a catwalk). Only thing better about Strathclyde is the union, but with your matric card you entry to all the unions anyway.

'mon the Caley.

My results got issued about 5 weeks ago, I'm going to uni from college. I'd rather go to Caley than Strathclyde tbh, I can't wait to go :D , I'm doing Social Sciences, which we all know is what all the good looking girls do ;):lol:

Cheers again.

Is Anybody going to Dundee this year? I'm going in September to study Finance. Can't wait to get up there, Uni should be class.

The confirmation was in the envelope this morning, I shall be joining you in Dundee. I'm doing psychology. Half of me is excited, the other half is fucking bricking it. I'm terrified I'll fail and/or become bankrupt or something. It's a lot to take in all at once eh. Best of luck up there. ;)

Question for people going to uni.

I've just finished paying off my £650 downpayment for staying in halls at Glasgow Caley this year. I asked them what the money was for and they said I paid this at the start of the year and it came off the rent after that each payment. Do people at other uni's do this as well, and if not does any Glasgow Caley student's know if I genuinely will be roughly £60 to the good each month or is this just a complete rip-off?

Cheers.

We can have a sleepover at your bit :lol:

Yeah well if it turns out Caley charge the same rent as everyone else yet make you pay £650 before you go you'll have to bring your own sleeping bags, I can't afford no spares. ;)

I doubt they'd do that.

What course you doing at Caley?

I'm doing marketing and tourism, you?

What was your username before you changed it btw, I don't know who I'm talking to here.

Social Sciences.

My last name was Brian Easton, but I'd probably best known as Accies1. I played the two mafia games.

Oh aye good stuff.

Just got about 5 letters from Caley just now about registering with the uni and all the information I need before September, too much information at once here :unsure: .

You staying at Caley court?

I've not had any letters from Caley yet, but they were my insurance so maybe that's why.

I'm staying at home, I'm 30 minutes away on the train, but I'll no doubt end up trying to get digs cause I'm that lazy :lol:

How much is the accommodation?

Yep. You're doing Business, right?

Yes, I imagine you are staying in halls and I'm not. And I'll probably see you at debating some time.

Can you do law as one of your subjects in your first year even if you are doing business? I was undecided as to which I would do but I heard law was a horrendous course and went with business, I'd still like to see what it is like. And would your grades matter at all?

I actually know quite a few people that are doing business at Glasgow, you will meet some interesting charecters.

Yes, I imagine you are staying in halls and I'm not. And I'll probably see you at debating some time.

I'm not staying in Halls. Going straight into a flat in Jordanhill. We figured paying a mortgage is cheaper. I'll probably look to get involved in the Debating and Mooting Scenes as I did a fair bit of Debating at School.

Can you do law as one of your subjects in your first year even if you are doing business? I was undecided as to which I would do but I heard law was a horrendous course and went with business, I'd still like to see what it is like. And would your grades matter at all?

I don't know to be honest. I can't remember for sure but I suspect they're now part of the same faculty. In any case, I think you can take some elements of Law as part of an Arts Degree if you wish, but you'd have to check once you get there.

I'll be at Dundee too. What accomadation are my fellow honorary Dundonians ( :barf ) in? I'm in Seabraes flat 1.

Having a go at our beautiful city AND posting your new address at the same time.

Bad mistake. Bad, bad mistake.