Who's Going To Uni?

High Fives for Stirling Uni! The Guardian ranks us 10th in the Union for Computing Science, and 9th for Maths. 8)

Glasgow ranked 2nd just behind Edinburgh for law and a very respectable 14th UK-wide. We beat them on everything except for spend per student and student satisfaction.

Aberdeen drop to 7th ( :lol: ) behind Dundee, Napier, RGU and Stirling and Strathclyde are behind Heriot Watt in 9th :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glasgow ranked 2nd just behind Edinburgh for law and a very respectable 14th UK-wide. We beat them on everything except for spend per student and student satisfaction.

Aberdeen drop to 7th ( :lol: ) behind Dundee, Napier, RGU and Stirling and Strathclyde are behind Heriot Watt in 9th :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know why but I have an irrational hatred of Edinburgh university.

Surprised we are so high though, given how many fuckwits attend Glasgow.

First exam is tomorrow at 9, on the Business Environment. I'm hoping essays on Business Activity, Economics, Demographics or Marketing come up... if not I may as well pack up and go home.

Four down, two to go. Had Witchcraft and Belief in Early Modern Scotland today and was really pleased with how it went; got the exact essay question that I wanted as well as two good document extracts. Nice to get it out of the way.

Now only have the cultural component of French on Thursday and American history on Friday, then I'm done. No formal uni work for over a year afterwards, as I'm off to France in October to spend a year teaching English in French schools.

Now only have the cultural component of French on Thursday and American history on Friday, then I'm done. No formal uni work for over a year afterwards, as I'm off to France in October to spend a year teaching English in French schools.

I've got that too. Can't say I'm really looking forward to it, the second half of the course was brutal and obviously they split the question paper so you have to answer a question from each. Could easily write about any of the four in the first part too.

Trying to do some Reconstruction revision just now but really have no interest so I can't take it in. Sigh.

I've got that too. Can't say I'm really looking forward to it, the second half of the course was brutal and obviously they split the question paper so you have to answer a question from each. Could easily write about any of the four in the first part too.

Trying to do some Reconstruction revision just now but really have no interest so I can't take it in. Sigh.

I reckon I'm okay if the Civil War comes up, did the essay on that and got a 1C (which I actually could've improved on if it hadn't been for the fact that it was the third essay that I had to hand in on consecutive days, and I finished it at about half 7 in the morning after sitting up all night) so pretty confident with it. Otherwise, I could also be struggling with the second half of the course. Been revising the Native Americans, but it's a pretty massive topic...

No formal uni work for over a year afterwards, as I'm off to France in October to spend a year teaching English in French schools.

That sounds excellent, how did you get into that? One of the modules I can choose to take next year as part of my maths PGDE is Teaching English as a Foreign Language, is it along those lines?

No formal uni work for over a year afterwards, as I'm off to France in October to spend a year teaching English in French schools.

That sounds excellent, how did you get into that? One of the modules I can choose to take next year as part of my maths PGDE is Teaching English as a Foreign Language, is it along those lines?

I have no idea what to think about that exam. Essays on Business Activity and Ethics came up which were 2 of my strongest topics, but the Ethics essay asked for references to the Japanese Nuclear Power Plant situation which I don't know much about. Hopefully I managed to bullshit my way through it but halfway through the essay I realised I could have structured it alot better. The business activity essay was a piece of piss as it was basically the same question that was in last year's exam past paper.

Accounting on Monday is next, so I have until then to learn the entire course. Help.

Myplace still isn't properly sorted, it's being slow and unresponsive at times mad.gif.

Absolutely shitting it for this exam at 2. I'm only not fucked if two particular questions come up for the second part of it. And even for the first part I can only nail one type of question.

I guess we'll see when I post back between 430 and 530.

Had Politics today. Questions of constitutions and electoral systems cam up, both of which I had done some revision on and felt more confident about than other topics. Going on past experiences of exams at Higher/Advanced Higher, it could go either way. I never feel particularly confident after an exam.

HRM tomorrow <_< I'll pass (only 30% to pass the exam) but I won't pass with flying colours. I should have done far more revision for it.

What's all this whining about Myplace about anyway? Right revolutionary idea here, but take some fucking notes at the lectures and then you don't need to bother with Myplace for revision.

If you want to take a modern languages degree at honours level the year abroad is compulsory, teaching in schools usually being one of your options. I should hopefully be doing the same the year after next in Italy.

I have to be honest and say that I'm not really enjoying my degree at the moment. The Italian side of it is good, but there's a lot of uncertainty about the Geography department at the moment because it's one of the ones that's being shut down. No idea what options will be available for me next year. Bit shit really.