Who's Going To Uni?

Just seen that coursework I spent a month labouring over got a lower mark than someone who did it literally the night before, after receiving my help.

Great rolleyes.gif

In our engineering class the few girls always get significantly higher coursework marks. Me and my lab partner usually submit identical lab reports but she usually ends up with about 10% more marks.

In our engineering class the few girls always get significantly higher coursework marks. Me and my lab partner usually submit identical lab reports but she usually ends up with about 10% more marks.

Meh, I accept that sometimes you are just going to miss the point of the assignment and it appears that is what happened here. A typical way of greatly increasing your marks is by getting as many sources and doing as much "research" as possible, and it totally backfired here.

It means instead of going into an exam with a 1st equivalent, based on previous test, I go with a mid-low 2:1 which is a pile of pish from my point of view.

Just seems I totally wasted my time doing all that work and should have just winged it at the end dry.gif

I have done every essay the night/morning before its to be handed in and got consistently better grades than my pals.

I think some folk just work well under pressure. They usually spend the week before doing all dayers in the library reading books and writing quotes and all that. I just can't do that.

I must point out that this is a diddy degree in History at Stirling. These rules probably aren't applicable if you're studying medicine or something.

Edited by JamboMikey

I have done every essay the night/morning before its to be handed in and got consistently better grades than my pals.

I think some folk just work well under pressure. They usually spend the week before doing all dayers in the library reading books and writing quotes and all that. I just can't do that.

I must point out that this is a diddy degree in History at Stirling. These rules probably aren't applicable if you're studying medicine or something.

I'm exactly the same as you. Except now, I have to turn in my dissertation, and the same thing doesn't really apply...

I've been more like this lately, however I now have two essays for Friday so can't really do them both tomorrow. Only 1000 of 2500 words through the first one, determined not to go to bed until I finish it tonight. Yet here I am on P&B.

I don't know about anywhere else, I'd imagine it's similar, but at Stirling you've got to pay £45 to graduate. Originally I thought this was to cover costs for the ceremony, but it's still £45 if you graduate in absentia.

I'm a little annoyed at this. Fortunately, I'm not in so tight a financial situation at the moment where I can't put together that much money, but I can envisage a situation where I (or others) might be. It just seems like a bit of a cheek to wait until the end, once you've actually completed every academic aspect, and then they demand £45 before you can actually graduate. If it's that important, stick an extra £45 on the tuition fee at the start of the year.

I'd like to know what the justification for this fee is.

I too fell into this category. Then again, I could have just been far superior to everyone else in my year anyway. Early morning stingy-eye-syndrome certainly helps though.

It's not been a good couple of weeks assignment wise for me. That HRM report was slowly uploaded on the deadline (I'm still seething about that) and my International Relations essay missed the deadline by 15 minutes on Monday*.

*4:45pm deadline to be handed in. I was in Inverness that weekend. Plan train that will get me to Glasgow with time to spare. Train is delayed several times along the way. Drop bag off at flat then wander over to the McCance building. Go to hand it in and remember that my watch had been running 15 minutes slow that morning.

On the plus side, my exam revision is going well :lol:

I've got a 4,000 word essay due for Monday. I know exactly what I'm going to write, I've done all the research, but I just can't find the motivation to sit down for four or five hours and get the whole thing typed up.

Stirling Uni, the bogs in the corridor where computer labs 2Y5 and 2Y8 are, somebody has made a 'Log of your shit' chart in one of the stalls on the wall. I logged my Thursday shit in there in red ink.

Edited by JamboMikey

Stirling Uni, the bogs in the corridor where computer labs 2Y5 and 2Y8 are, somebody has made a 'Log of your shit' chart in one of the stalls on the wall. I logged my Thursday shit in there in red ink.

Is that in the middle cubicle?

If so then it's good to hear that is still going strong, noticed that a couple of years ago when I was at Uni there.