Who's Going To Uni?

Your going to uni!! :lol::lol:

Nae offense mate but you seem pretty thick for uni. A no am no the brains of britain but comeon!!

I got five A's. :huh:

edit: Looks like it's another one to add to the list - "Moronic Rangers fans".

Edited by Guest

I got five A's. :huh:

edit: Looks like it's another one to add to the list - "Moronic Rangers fans".

It would make a lot more sense to have a complete list and detract those who are not morons.

I probably should decide which uni I am going to as I start in a few weeks. I've still not pre registered at Glasgow yet as I'm waiting for news on my scholarship.

I'm very indecisive <_< .

It would make a lot more sense to have a complete list and detract those who are not morons.

I probably should decide which uni I am going to as I start in a few weeks. I've still not pre registered at Glasgow yet as I'm waiting for news on my scholarship.

That would indeed be a lot faster. :P

What do you want to do ?

Have you applied to SAAS yet?

That would indeed be a lot faster. :P

What do you want to do ?

I'm doing Economics or something along those lines.

Have you applied to SAAS yet?

I applied for that a few months ago and put that I was going to Glasgow.

Still not really decided though and I only really have a few more days to think it over.

I'm going next year. I'm interested in gaming and so was looking into that and Abertay seems to be one of the options; anyone here got any thoughts on that, or if you've been/go to it?

Cheers.

A guy from my school is doing that, he however is one of these sad uber-nerd types, I get the feeling most of the people in the course will be like that.

People who want to work in the gaming industry really need graphics degrees anyway, so I've heard.

I think theres a reason nowhere else offers a computer games degree.

A guy from my school is doing that, he however is one of these sad uber-nerd types, I get the feeling most of the people in the course will be like that.

People who want to work in the gaming industry really need graphics degrees anyway, so I've heard.

Perhaps it's because such a degree doesn't tie in with the type of computing departments found at other universities?

There's several games companies in Dundee where a degree in that course from Abertay will instantly get you a job, because it covers pretty much everything and not just one aspect (i.e. graphics, maths, design, AI...)

Edited by Sir Calum Melville

Woo hoo! I didn't know that it was only the basic fees I had to pay, because Strathclyde is around £500 a year above the basic rate, SAAS will pay that for me. :)

And the SLC will give me a loan of £3000, I don't know how they calculate it as there is no way I should get a loan! Either way, that's my fees paid for me... and there's no way in hell I'll be paying them the money back any time soon. f**k you SAAS for charging me £2k for graduating in 2006!

Nice stereotypes there. :rolleyes:

As someone else said, Abertay is simply the best for getting into the gaming industry; the creator of GTA went there. Nuff said. :D

I thought Samaras was a greek-speaker?

Anyway, if one of you several million folk going to Dundeee could nutshell the ignificant events of your Freshers' Week I'd appreciate it. I've been asked to go up but with cash tight I'm not going to piss money up the wall for little to no reason.

Don't you start. :lol:

:1eye

Is there something that you're wanting to say?

I used to know a guy who tested computer games. Sounds great, doesn't it? What it actually boils down to, though, is walking the character through a door from every angle imaginable to make sure that there aren't any glitches at any stage. I imagine that a degree in computer gaming would be the same, it sounds great but would actually be very boring.