Who's Going To Uni?

There's no chance of me taking that advice, I'm only just with this girl after a year of trying, no way am i throwing it away.

Anyone have a positive experience?

You should never look for that sort of advice from any men on this forum.

If you want it to work, do what it takes to make it work. That means communication, keep in touch with her. A few texts a day, a phone call maybe and get home as often as you can.

If you want it to work, do what it takes to make it work. That means communication, keep in touch with her. A few texts a day, a phone call maybe and get home as often as you can.

No relationship survives freshers week, well no honest relationship survives freshers week......

I know plenty of relationships that have survived University, without lapse. ;)

Little dark secrets, never to be told. The kind that haunts you at 3 in the morning..... :lol:

Have to say though, it's a rare occurance in my experience, the whole freshers week thing turns so many heads as people realise that they can exist outside the small parochial social group they've had for years in their home towns.

I was single when I started uni, so was able to have some small distance as I watched relationships break down in hours, days.... a few weeks at the outside. One couple knee jerked into an engagement two weeks into uni so insecure were they (it didn't help in the end).

Of course, it might work out.... I simply wouldn't bet the house against it.

I'll be back in Perth every weekend to work,so should see her every week.

And to the others, I won't lapse, I know that for sure.

I went round Ikea this morning getting the stuff I need for my flat.

So did I, I drove all the way to Straiton from Haddington with my Dad to buy a frying pan for £3.99 :lol:

I had bought all the other crap I need from the Tesco outlet beside Fort Kinnaird. Anyway the frying pan means I have everything, save booze and food, I need to take up to Stirling so I can relax for the next 2 weeks. I love being prepaired and organised sometimes. B)

So did I, I drove all the way to Straiton from Haddington with my Dad to buy a frying pan for £3.99 :lol:

I had bought all the other crap I need from the Tesco outlet beside Fort Kinnaird. Anyway the frying pan means I have everything, save booze and food, I need to take up to Stirling so I can relax for the next 2 weeks. I love being prepaired and organised sometimes. B)

:lol: Just for a frying pan??. Yeah it's good when you're prepared. I never am, ever. But this is when I'm finally getting my arse in gear and it feels good. I think I'm pretty much sorted bar food and booze as you've just said, and it's another thing off your mind.

:lol: Just for a frying pan??. Yeah it's good when you're prepared. I never am, ever. But this is when I'm finally getting my arse in gear and it feels good. I think I'm pretty much sorted bar food and booze as you've just said, and it's another thing off your mind.

Well the ones in Irwin's and Tesco in Haddington were either too small or too expensive so IKEA it was. Yeah it was kinda like last thing I need lets just fucking get it and relax type stuff

I'll tell you what 'UNI' taught me, its full of failed business people and after 4 years you get a piece of paper that aint worth captain sensible reynard shit. Just do the work and prove your worth another way.

Guest el bawbag
I'll tell you what 'UNI' taught me, its full of failed business people and after 4 years you get a piece of paper that aint worth captain sensible reynard shit. Just do the work and prove your worth another way.

your not as good at this as Stuart.

Away to Heriot Watt this Saturday, studying Physics, anybody else? No the first time I've went through first year though, so nae doubt I'll be an antisocial c**t and just dick about at the girlfriends aw year. Can't be arsed with freshers week, I had mine last year.

Edited by DeadStar

Away to Heriot Watt this Saturday, studying Physics, anybody else? No the first time I've went through first year though, so nae doubt I'll be an antisocial c**t and just dick about at the girlfriends aw year. Can't be arsed with freshers week, I had mine last year.

I'm heriot watt as well man :) you staying in halls?