Who's Going To Uni?

I'm just glad to have a fellow football fan in the flat. When I was in Glasgow I was the only one in a flat of 10. :(

Also, I have a car so everyone in the flat will have to be extra nice to me. Not in exchange for lifts, more so I don't run them over. :)

Edited by Grogory Hoose

Wow they've really pushed the boat out. :lol:

I remember when my twin brother went a couple of years ago to Strathy they had many bands playing including........The Venga Boys. Was went to be amazing haha.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM! :D

Strathclyde have got N-Dubz playing this year, plus DJ's like Dave Pearce.

I'll be at the Sports theme night, pretending to be an Accies player :rolleyes: I'll probably put a shit load of fake tan on and pretend to be Derek Lyle.

Before anyone going to Stirling goes hunting to see who's turning out at their Fresher's Week - it's nobody. There's never anyone at Stirling. The corridor down to the Union is lined with "Top Stars" like Rachel Stevens and someone off Radio One, but the most famous person they managed throughout the whole of last year was some comedian who spent the entire gig tearing into a transgender in the front row, and was then banned.

Then a debate was arranged between this comedian and a few others including Frankie Boyle, and the Stirling debate team, who then pulled out, and were represented by Glasgow Uni's, I think.

It's a ludicrous place.

Before anyone going to Stirling goes hunting to see who's turning out at their Fresher's Week - it's nobody. There's never anyone at Stirling. The corridor down to the Union is lined with "Top Stars" like Rachel Stevens and someone off Radio One, but the most famous person they managed throughout the whole of last year was some comedian who spent the entire gig tearing into a transgender in the front row, and was then banned.

Oh yes! We got Colin Murray to walk off stage early after apparently he got bottled. And by Vectron, were you here for the Rachel Stevens farce? That was hilarious! To be honest, I never got why you had to have events for Freshers week, we normally just got inconceivably drunk.

Oh yes! We got Colin Murray to walk off stage early after apparently he got bottled. And by Vectron, were you here for the Rachel Stevens farce? That was hilarious! To be honest, I never got why you had to have events for Freshers week, we normally just got inconceivably drunk.

No, I haven't even heard about the Rachel Stevens farce! Do tell...

To be honest, I went to the Fresher's Ball on the first night because I was bought a ticket for it, but I don't think I did anything other than drink in the halls for the rest of the week.

I wouldn't have gone to see a Radio One DJ or anything like that (in fact, the whole concept of "live" DJs completely astounds me), but one of the Glasgow based Unis had Hayseed Dixie at their Fresher's Week last year. I would've absolutely loved to see them :(

No, I haven't even heard about the Rachel Stevens farce! Do tell...

To be honest, I went to the Fresher's Ball on the first night because I was bought a ticket for it, but I don't think I did anything other than drink in the halls for the rest of the week.

Aye, thats pretty much what I did in first year. In second year, I expanded to drinking in pubs all week, and by fourth year, I spent it with woman instead. But by Vectron, the Rachel Stevens thing (I forgot how long ago it was) was brilliant. There was a lot of shit going about the uni at the time, and one complaint was that the union never put any live music on. So SUSA triumphantly announced Rachel Stevens, which went down like a lead balloon.

By Vectron's boiled rice takeaway, the ticket price was something absurd like £20 or something like that, and one of the guys I knew in SUSA told me they had sold FOUR tickets at the full price. So they dropped the price, but it was too late, nobody wanted to go! But a few of my mates were drinking in the Studio while she was about to kick off downstairs, and the barstaff were trying to actively encourage anyone in the bar to go downstairs and watch her, for free. Thats how desperate they had got to get people to watch her.

To their credit, my mates didn't fancy it, and so apparently Rachel Stevens mimed to about 12 people in a deserted glow. Must have cost the union a fortune too, and serves them right for serving up such shite "music". :D

Aye, thats pretty much what I did in first year. In second year, I expanded to drinking in pubs all week, and by fourth year, I spent it with woman instead. But by Vectron, the Rachel Stevens thing (I forgot how long ago it was) was brilliant. There was a lot of shit going about the uni at the time, and one complaint was that the union never put any live music on. So SUSA triumphantly announced Rachel Stevens, which went down like a lead balloon.

By Vectron's boiled rice takeaway, the ticket price was something absurd like £20 or something like that, and one of the guys I knew in SUSA told me they had sold FOUR tickets at the full price. So they dropped the price, but it was too late, nobody wanted to go! But a few of my mates were drinking in the Studio while she was about to kick off downstairs, and the barstaff were trying to actively encourage anyone in the bar to go downstairs and watch her, for free. Thats how desperate they had got to get people to watch her.

To their credit, my mates didn't fancy it, and so apparently Rachel Stevens mimed to about 12 people in a deserted glow. Must have cost the union a fortune too, and serves them right for serving up such shite "music". :D

:lol::lol::lol: SUSA are a fucking shambles! I have been to the first night at Glow past two years and went a few times in 1st year before we realised it was shite and nobdy went. Might go to the 1st night again this year just for the hell of it.

:lol::lol::lol: SUSA are a fucking shambles! I have been to the first night at Glow past two years and went a few times in 1st year before we realised it was shite and nobdy went. Might go to the 1st night again this year just for the hell of it.

Now you've said it, its tempting to see what its like. I haven't been in years. Can I come?

Old Glow was funny in that every single night basically played the same music (apart from rock night). While thats good for a while, by the time you're in third year and realise that they have played the baywatch theme every single time you've ever been, by Vectron's pinpoint ears, thats when its time to go to Enigma instead!

I've been in Glow a few times throughout the last year. Once for the opening night, once for a foam party which was woeful, once for Halloween which wasn't too bad, and then for a few rock nights since, which are always quite entertaining, but hardly anyone goes.

I think it takes a special kind of special to lose massive amounts of money when you're in the business of selling drink to a captive market of students.

Now you've said it, its tempting to see what its like. I haven't been in years. Can I come?

I'm not sure if even I will end up going, my mates are 50/50 in going to glow or to Dusk and or Fubar.

Just over three weeks until I'll be back in Dusk! :D

Same... can't bloddy wait!

:o A fifer and a Celtic fan? Is it too late to change unis? :P

Fife's lovely. :( I'm planning on moving back to the West Coast when I graduate but I reckon I'll move back to Fife when I'm around my parents age.

Oh, and I hope you like San Miguel. :ph34r: