Who's Going To Uni?

I have no qualms about eating Nestle products. They taste great.

Chastise me.

Go on.

I'm far too liberal for that ;)

I prefer cadbury most of the time anyway, its just if I see an aero or a packet of fruit pastilles I might well buy it. The fact its not there means I will be just as happy with my wispa/dairy milk/crunchie/haribo, yet I wont have contributed to nestle.

Unfortunately, nobody has successfully matched aero hot chocolate, and it has the monopoly on condensed milk, last time I checked, all condensed milk in the country was nestle.

I'm far too liberal for that ;)

I prefer cadbury most of the time anyway, its just if I see an aero or a packet of fruit pastilles I might well buy it. The fact its not there means I will be just as happy with my wispa/dairy milk/crunchie/haribo, yet I wont have contributed to nestle.

Unfortunately, nobody has successfully matched aero hot chocolate, and it has the monopoly on condensed milk, last time I checked, all condensed milk in the country was nestle.

Condensed milk tastes shite. That's like having a monopoly on the gruel in a workhouse.

All this debate over cigarette sales is doing is making me want a cigarette just now.

Anyway, as a serious contribution; smoking is a daft, daft thing to do. My mates got me into it when I was about 16; I held out and refused to have them for a few weeks, but eventually after a night of underage drinking my resolve broke and I ended up having one. Funnily enough, my first ever cigarette didnt make me ill or anything like that. Actually felt quite good, as did the next few when I still got a niccy buzz. Now, though, I pretty much smoke for the sake of it, and these days the only time I enjoy the cunting things is after I've finished something difficult. Still, you can't beat the feeling of satisfaction you get when having a smoke after completing something really stressful, you really can't.

I hate people who smoke simply because they think it makes them look cool, though. A mate of mine fits this bill perfectly; to get an idea of what he's like, watch

from 2.08 - 2.30.

Still, its up to individuals to make their own mistakes and learn from them. My older brother quit smoking when he was 25 or so, so I think I'll probably go down the same route myself.

All this debate over cigarette sales is doing is making me want a cigarette just now.

Anyway, as a serious contribution; smoking is a daft, daft thing to do. My mates got me into it when I was about 16; I held out and refused to have them for a few weeks, but eventually after a night of underage drinking my resolve broke and I ended up having one. Funnily enough, my first ever cigarette didnt make me ill or anything like that. Actually felt quite good, as did the next few when I still got a niccy buzz. Now, though, I pretty much smoke for the sake of it, and these days the only time I enjoy the cunting things is after I've finished something difficult. Still, you can't beat the feeling of satisfaction you get when having a smoke after completing something really stressful, you really can't.

I hate people who smoke simply because they think it makes them look cool, though. A mate of mine fits this bill perfectly; to get an idea of what he's like, watch

from 2.08 - 2.30.

Still, its up to individuals to make their own mistakes and learn from them. My older brother quit smoking when he was 25 or so, so I think I'll probably go down the same route myself.

Can i ask, are you the guy who always wears a thistle top and drapes a thistle scarf over his computer in the reading room?

Can i ask, are you the guy who always wears a thistle top and drapes a thistle scarf over his computer in the reading room?

I've worn my Thistle top to uni fairly often, and I have draped my scarf over the computer once before in the reading room, aye.

Black hair, about 5'11 if that helps.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

I've worn my Thistle top to uni fairly often, and I have draped my scarf over the computer once before in the reading room, aye.

Black hair, about 5'11 if that helps.

and you do politics? saw you about and thought this might be you lol so hi

and you do politics? saw you about and thought this might be you lol so hi

Hahaha, aye, thats me. Crazy stuff. Level 2, aye? Not loving the second essay we're to do, by the way, its a right pain. Bit busy with other assignments and shit at the minute, too, not started writing my politics one yet. :S

It seems that doing my first bit of work of the year is harder than I thought. I just can't be bothered.

IT'S ONLY 500 WORDS!

My second essay, which considering it's only 1200 words in 3rd year which is nothing, is a b*****d.

Critically evaluate the below assertion by reference to general housing trends between 1850 and 2000.

"The focus of housing law changes according to the political and economic context of the times. It may focus on creating new social housing, or on tenants' rights. Housing law evolves, therefore, in line with the evolving needs of capitalist society."

Not anything hard in that, just a pain in the arse having to decide what is important enough to mention! That and I can't be arsed doing it!

Condensed milk tastes shite. That's like having a monopoly on the gruel in a workhouse.

Condensed milk is useful for making other things though - didn't you learn anything in home ec? :P

We were definately right about internet discussions weren't we ;)

That's 1 side typed A4!! How can you not be bothered to do that? 4,000 essay maybe; 12,000 word dissertation...

14,000 word journal paper; 80,000-100,000 word thesis... <_<

Edited by Sir Calum Melville

Aye well you're in the wrong business pal ;) . Taught Masters means 4x 3,000 word essays (including footnotes) + 15,000 word dissertation. My problem is trying to condense the material and comments into that. So I'd like more...

I'm going beyond Masters...in three years time, thou shalt all kneel before me and call me "Doctor" :king Or something...

EDIT TO ADD: By the way I thought you'd ridden off into the sunset? Keegan failed to heed it: "never go back" :rolleyes: .

I tried to send a follow-up message to the one sent on Friday, but your box is full (if you'll pardon the expression). In a nutshell - 'twas the drink talking :ph34r:

Edited by Sir Calum Melville