Who's Going To Uni?

Xbass - that sound decent, tbh. IMO the pitfalls are: [1] where you give marks based solely on the final collective production for it that contribute to final grade; [2] where there is no monitoring of participation.

The actual assignment part is individual, with the idea being that they do the research and use it in the talk, which is not assessed as such. What I've done though is that I've asked the classes to vote for best speaker. And not only that, but I've asked them to vote on each speakers individually, and score them out of ten for their enthusiasm, content, and style. The idea being that it encourages critical thinking of presentations.

So while the presentations are done as a group, the class thinks of them as individuals, and so you can see the guys who haven't made as much effort. At the end of the first speaking session last week, I collected all the votes, added them to a spreadsheet, found averages and then added the average marks for each category together. I was actually pleased to find that the guys who I thought were the best two, also emerged in the lead. Mon my class! :D

A fucking 5 hour break between my 2 lectures today. Doesn't get much worse. I can't just skive Accounts either as I haven't been for ages and this is quite an important one. Not until 4 o'clock. I'll need to think of something constructive to do in that time.

Has anybody ever came across a middle aged chap in Stirling who obviously doesn't have his mental wits about him. Randomly spends his days travelling on the buses between the town centre and the Uni. If you dare look his way he is most likely to start a conversation with you usually opening with 'Hi how ye doin.' Ive seen poor c***s actually having to run away to get rid of him.

Has anybody ever came across a middle aged chap in Stirling who obviously doesn't have his mental wits about him. Randomly spends his days travelling on the buses between the town centre and the Uni. If you dare look his way he is most likely to start a conversation with you usually opening with 'Hi how ye doin.' Ive seen poor c***s actually having to run away to get rid of him.

Did the Pheonix's internet connection break down again?

I'm in a stats lecture. It's so boring.

I was at Heriot Watt at the weekend for a mate's 18th and it turns out they're not allowed visitors due to fire alarms going off or something! I only really saw the campus in the dark/pished so didn't get a fair idea of it. Is the visitor situation the same for you, dhd?

I was at Heriot Watt at the weekend for a mate's 18th and it turns out they're not allowed visitors due to fire alarms going off or something! I only really saw the campus in the dark/pished so didn't get a fair idea of it. Is the visitor situation the same for you, dhd?

No idea, you're supposed to tell your warden if you are having someone staying, I never do though.

EDIT: What halls is your mate in?

Edited by Google

Ah, I'm sure they are one of the worst for alarms, I don't actually think we've had a fire alarm (bar a planned drill) since I got here.

Ah right. Out of interest what halls are you in? We walked this girl back to posh looking halls across a grassy area, where incidently one of my mates slipped and landed on the deck. ("Penalty!" :lol: ). What halls would they be?