Camera Showoff - Assignment added!

Anybody got any tips for photographing the Red Arrows? They are doing a display for the Scottish Game Fair at Scone Palace just across the river from me, 1015 on Saturday morning. I have a Canon S3 12x optical zoom with image stabilisation. Weather forecast doesn't look good though. Never really done much more than point and shoot with it before despite it having umpteen settings. I'm thinking the sports mode would be ideal for capturing fast moving subjects?

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anybody got any tips for photographing the Red Arrows? They are doing a display for the Scottish Game Fair at Scone Palace just across the river from me, 1015 on Saturday morning. I have a Canon S3 12x optical zoom with image stabilisation. Weather forecast doesn't look good though. Never really done much more than point and shoot with it before despite it having umpteen settings. I'm thinking the sports mode would be ideal for capturing fast moving subjects?

I'd imagine a scattershot might be a better option.

Right folks, I have created a group for us to post our photos onto in Flickr. Click here. Can someone let me know if that link works, so I don't have to log off my Flickr account to check? I think I've set it up so you don't have to request access to join, so fire away folks!

(p.s. You will need a Flickr account to join, but it's free to join if you don't have an account already - http://www.flickr.com )

ive joined up and will add a few pics later.

Good stuff people :) . Cant wait till my sis gives me her old camera then i will try and keep up with you all. Going away in about a month to Kinlochrannoch so hopefully get some good pics when i am there.

That photo of the kids Ross is smashing, where did you take that one?

It was taken on a tour of the Townships in Cape Town in 2006. We took a tour which took in the Apartheid Museum, the redeveloped townships, and the shanty towns, the large chunk of our tour charge went to the people that we visited. The kids were in the last stop, they live in sheds/shacks/huts more run down than the shed in most gardens over here, but don't let that them stop them living their life. We played football with a tennis ball, and they showed us their chickens that they kept. Even though they are living in squalor they have such a joyous outlook on life - makes you wonder about some people over here

IMG_0022.jpg

Similar to the other one I posted earlier in the thread.

I thought I would post this though as I took it today and its a better pic than the other one with the bee in it. :)

Right folks, I have created a group for us to post our photos onto in Flickr. Click here. Can someone let me know if that link works, so I don't have to log off my Flickr account to check? I think I've set it up so you don't have to request access to join, so fire away folks!

(p.s. You will need a Flickr account to join, but it's free to join if you don't have an account already - http://www.flickr.com )

Just to stop page hopping.

Can this get pinned, and unpin the quiz thread.

Added a few of mine from over the years. Got a Konica Minolta Dimage Z5, which is pretty much a 'point-and-click' with some extra features. It's only 5MP though, which never bothered me much until I got an iMac with a 24" screen!

PS. Underwater shots are from my 35mm Sea&Sea MX5 underwater camera (pool) and my mate's 35mm Nikon underwater camera (me with the Ballan Wrasse).

I think I'll start a Flickr account and upload some of my best efforts. I don't have an expensive fancy camera or anything, but I do enjoy taking photos, and I enjoy looking at good photos even more.

I've joined up and added my first four pictures. My favourite picture is the one of the stunt planes flying over Madrid. It took 3 attempts to "catch" them.

I'm sorting through all my photos over the summer, so I'll probably add a few more as I do that.

It's bloody hard! Here are a couple of shots I took of the Blue Angels (US Navy equivalent of the Red Arrows) practising over Seattle last August. I had to delete quite a few as the plane was just out of shot or not in focus.

post-101-1246759828_thumb.jpg post-101-1246759846_thumb.jpg

post-101-1246759857_thumb.jpg post-101-1246759868_thumb.jpg

It's bloody hard! Here are a couple of shots I took of the Blue Angels (US Navy equivalent of the Red Arrows) practising over Seattle last August. I had to delete quite a few as the plane was just out of shot or not in focus.

This is the one I was talking about in my last post. I just kept snapping and eventually I got a good one.

Archived