Nom Nom Nom

That would explain everything. Nobody in Spain likes the Spanish from the mountains. They are known as Fanáticas de los guardabosques.
Everything I see written in Spanish I hear in the voice of Nairobi from Money Heist [emoji7]

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Obviously it’s not a typical Paella, but the ‘mountain paella’ made in some parts of Spain do include chorizo.

I also use Chorizo when I make paella, it’s a great addition and the Spanish can GTF.

So do I. My kids would kill me if I didn’t!

Thought I’d ask in here rather than the QQ thread.
I made Thai fish cakes last night & am delighted with the taste, however couldn’t get them to stay in shape during the frying, think the mix is just too wet. Any recommendations for cooking? I thought about coating in flour, egg & breadcrumbs? Or maybe adding a little flour to the mix. Any tips greatly appreciated.

I made Thai fish cakes last night & am delighted with the taste, however couldn’t get them to stay in shape during the frying, think the mix is just too wet. Any recommendations for cooking? I thought about coating in flour, egg & breadcrumbs? Or maybe adding a little flour to the mix. Any tips greatly appreciated.
What did you use in the mix? I think the breadcrumbs would make them too heavy. I'd avoid that if possible. Maybe some whisked up egg whites into the mix?

13 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Only dust flour when moulding. Whack them in the fridge for a bit (20mins) to 'set up'. Don't make them & fry immediately.

15 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

I use rice flour, just mix it through.

Forgot about photos but have been experimenting with how to cook the chicken in my butter chicken recipe over recent weeks. Absolute winner was spatchcocking a whole chicken and barbecuing with a spice rub,  then carving and adding to the sauce. Back in Edinburgh now so no garden/barbecuing potential atm, works almost as well roasting the chicken

55 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

I've been reading about baking bread from a cold oven, the gradual rise in temperature is supposed to lead to a very impressive risen dough. That plainly didn't happen with my hockey puck loaf here, but it did lead to a very nice open crumb and an extra sour flavour. I'll try a drier dough next time.

IMG_20200620_100319.jpgIMG_20200620_100312.jpg

Will make cracking crostino.

19 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
23 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:
Fish supper by the water at lunchtime.

7E7222F5-6F73-4BAB-8260-76A08CF8A033.thumb.jpeg.475adad79876199dbbc4abc818cecf9a.jpeg

Mushy Peas = OFTW

Get yourself in the sea. Mushy peas are great. Wish we had them at our chippy.

Get yourself in the sea. Mushy peas are great. Wish we had them at our chippy.
Fucking rancid things. Should have been consigned to the history books when we no longer had to dry things like that out of necessity. Peas = great. Those things = an abomination.