Nom Nom Nom

8 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

A toastie maker thingy. Makes lighter and tastier (IMO) toasties than from the proper toasted sandwich machine.

image.jpg

'Unplug after use - Fire risk'

Duralit were obviously forced into adding this caveat once they were approached by Grimbo's solicitors.

I have found a very tasty variation for my Poverty Nachos.

I've ditched the ham and added some grated Red Leicester cheese, mixed through in stages, wee dash of red sauce at the end too.

Delightful.

I'm maybe missing something, but cheese on nachos isn't exactly ground breaking stuff Lichtie. Get the "red sauce" to f**k though.

I'm maybe missing something, but cheese on nachos isn't exactly ground breaking stuff Lichtie. Get the "red sauce" to f**k though.

Poverty nachos is 2 bits of toast broken up in to small nacho like pieces.

Scrambled eggs mixed with beans and cheese was the topping, after it was all mixed through I added some red sauce and mixed it again.

Dropped on top of the toast and your good to go.

Lichtie is the Jamie Oliver of council house cooking. Don't let the haters ruin your Poverty Nachos m8.

I've started calling them this in real life.

My gran asked me what Ive been having for tea when I was up last night and In my reply I mentioned poverty nachos. :lol:

Poverty nachos is 2 bits of toast broken up in to small nacho like pieces.

Scrambled eggs mixed with beans and cheese was the topping, after it was all mixed through I added some red sauce and mixed it again.

Dropped on top of the toast and your good to go.

Of course it is, how stupid of me. The sauce is the least of your worries then. Were you drunk when you invented this?

Of course it is, how stupid of me. The sauce is the least of your worries then. Were you drunk when you invented this?

Haha nope. Had some ham to finish off and half a tin of beans in the fridge so launched them all in together mixed them up and it's become a favourite of mine.

Cheese was a bit of a game changer, might throw something else into the mix next time.

Haha nope. Had some ham to finish off and half a tin of beans in the fridge so launched them all in together mixed them up and it's become a favourite of mine.

Cheese was a bit of a game changer, might throw something else into the mix next time.

I'm sure P&B could give you some recommendations. Add jalapeños and some tobasco sauce, spicy poverty nachos.