Nom Nom Nom

Had a Korean chicken burger and an order of Korean fried chicken (tossed in a gochujang sauce) for lunch, from Kimchi Cult, just off Byres Road at Chancellor Street.

Was outstanding. Burger was perfect with a crispy coating and bit of heat from the sauce. Fried chicken was crispy and the sauce was spot on for me. Not too spicy but a nice flavour. Loads of sauce too. £18 (£9 each) so not the cheapest but I enjoyed it.

Edited by jagfox

On 27/10/2023 at 16:37, jagfox said:

Had a Korean chicken burger and an order of Korean fried chicken (tossed in a gochujang sauce) for lunch, from Kimchi Cult, just off Byres Road at Chancellor Street.

Was outstanding. Burger was perfect with a crispy coating and bot of heat from the sauce. Fried chicken was crispy and the sauce was spot on for me. Not too spicy but a nice flavour. Loads of sauce too. £18 (£9 each) so not the cheapest but I enjoyed it.

Korean fried chicken is a joy to mankind.

On 27/10/2023 at 16:37, jagfox said:

Was outstanding. Burger was perfect with a crispy coating and bit of heat from the sauce. Fried chicken was crispy and the sauce was spot on for me. Not too spicy but a nice flavour. Loads of sauce too. £18 (£9 each) so not the cheapest but I enjoyed it.

Kimchi cult was tremendous the only time intrude it.  the guy had just opened as I was moving away from the West end so popped in to try, I had the exact same order as you, sat and listened to the owner about how he got into Korean food and his travels while eating my lunch.

There seemed to be explosion of Korean food places opened since then but none have matched up to his kfc although el perro negro's sauce was close to being as tasty 

Made a belter of a stew the other night.

Couple of Beyond Burgers. Cut into chunks and fried in a bit of stock until they caramelise a bit. Then in the air fryer to firm up.

Onion gravy with a load of McEwan's Export in it.

Load of onions, carrots & parsnips. Wee dod of Marmite and some rosemary & thyme

Lobbed it all in the slow cooker for a few hours.

Tremendous.

I’m back on the keto which means I’m experimenting a little to keep things less boring. Had never made a hollandaise before so was a little nervousi this morning, but this breakfast muffin, poached egg, and sauce went down well.

Any tips for slight changes to hollandaise?

IMG_9757.jpeg

1 hour ago, mathematics said:

I’m back on the keto which means I’m experimenting a little to keep things less boring. Had never made a hollandaise before so was a little nervousi this morning, but this breakfast muffin, poached egg, and sauce went down well.

IMG_9757.jpeg

Pour it over some chips.

3 hours ago, mathematics said:

IMG_9757.jpeg

Give it a bit more time above the heat for the egg yolk to thicken.

Add the melted butter really slowly so the eggs take it.