Nom Nom Nom

28 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Must be close to the nicest thing iv ever made, but without doubt the prettiest

20240106_193746.jpg

Looks sensational! What is it all? Tiger prawn? Samphire?

4 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Doesn’t shop in Asda.

Morrisons for all.of that. It still just about beats the rest when you're looking for something outside the box, but not what it used to be. One of my biggest bugbears re cooking tbh, just how hard it is to get certain ingredients etc

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Fucking hell, that sounds immense!

Cheers M9. It was pretty good. Didn't get a photo of my main course.... Reverse seared fillet.of beet with caramelised baby shallots, mashed potato, peas dressed with herb oil and a red wine sauce. Sounds better than it was if I'm being brutally honest

On 30/12/2023 at 21:45, mathematics said:

There are some chefs and relatives of chefs on here. I have a question for you:

What knives would you recommend for a home cook? Mostly vegetarian cooking. Happy to spend a couple of hundred.

Also, what knife sharpener would you recommend? Not sure if I’m helping or fucking up with my Tesco sharpener.

Global knives are shite if you are using them all day, I love my Robert Welsh ones comfortable handle can use all day no bother.

Global do keep their edge nicely so if you are just using them for evening meals and such they will be fine.

Had a Chinese last night and then decided to go for a roast chicken tonight. 

Felt a bit fucking mental and have just eaten a lot of prawn crackers stacked with roast chicken and roast potatoes, this might be watch list material but it was incredibly satisfying. 

Nearly out of my normal Old Bay.

Has anyone tried the hot version?

6254e572-1961-4af9-9723-c331feaf7747_133

Always like a kick to seafood. Don't know whether to just go for the same old same old.

Finally made it back to kimchi cult while up the west end of Glasgow, the bulgogi beef on the chips was absolutely fucking awesome! could have eating a big bowl of just that. the Korean fried burger was tremendous too just outshone by the beef IMG_5198.thumb.jpeg.d3dd5a2643bd94c623fb17ca2c59312c.jpeg

@jimbaxters or any other pasta eaters, have you come across pasta Alla Zozzona? I had never heard of it or saw it on a menu before.

it’s my go to pasta dish now. a mix of the Rome classic dishes but with added fennel sausage so a mix of Amatriciana/gricia made silky by adding the egg pecorino mix for carbonara (I’ve b*****dised it a bit more by adding a little nduja too) 

it is delicious! 

Edited by Don Diego De la Vega

8 hours ago, Don Diego De la Vega said:

Finally made it back to kimchi cult while up the west end of Glasgow, the bulgogi beef on the chips was absolutely fucking awesome! could have eating a big bowl of just that. the Korean fried burger was tremendous too just outshone by the beef IMG_5198.thumb.jpeg.d3dd5a2643bd94c623fb17ca2c59312c.jpeg

The thing that spoils the look of that is the zig zag of mayo (or whatever it is). Not sure why restaurants do that as it actually detracts from the look of the dish.

7 hours ago, Don Diego De la Vega said:

@jimbaxters or any other pasta eaters, have you come across pasta Alla Zozzona? I had never heard of it or saw it on a menu before.

it’s my go to pasta dish now. a mix of the Rome classic dishes but with added fennel sausage so a mix of Amatriciana/gricia made silky by adding the egg pecorino mix for carbonara (I’ve b*****dised it a bit more by adding a little nduja too) 

it is delicious! 

No, that's a new one on me. Can't say your description will have me running to find it either tbh. Are you saying it's a mix of tomato based and egg mix? As for fennel sausage, it's not to my taste. Was back here for New Year and made a cheat version of steak pie but picked up fennel links by mistake. Completely ruined it and ended up picking them out.

8 hours ago, Don Diego De la Vega said:

it is delicious! 

Funny you should day that cos yesterday, and I can't remember even where, I seen a clickbaity type thumbnail online for exactly that and it was the first I'd ever heard of it.

10 hours ago, Don Diego De la Vega said:

Looks great. gochujang mayo is great on chips.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Funny you should day that cos yesterday, and I can't remember even where, I seen a clickbaity type thumbnail online for exactly that and it was the first I'd ever heard of it.

Likewise, had never heard of it till about Monday 

7 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Seems to have been a thing for a while...

https://ricette.giallozafferano.it/Pasta-alla-zozzona.html

Note that it says pork only sausage though. That sounds better than the fennel version

To be honest I only said fennel sausage as i didn't want to say Italian sausage as that may just be sausage to you now. 

I love the four famous Roman pasta dishes and this ticks all the boxes 

11 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

7 hours ago, GHF-23 said:

Likewise, had never heard of it till about Monday 

Funnily enough it was a Twitter video by giadzy I saw a few weeks ago and

I highly recommend giving it a go