Nom Nom Nom

13 hours ago, mathematics said:

There are some chefs and relatives of chefs on here. I have a question for you:

What knives would you recommend for a home cook? Mostly vegetarian cooking. Happy to spend a couple of hundred.

Also, what knife sharpener would you recommend? Not sure if I’m helping or fucking up with my Tesco sharpener.

I've a couple of Global knives which are great.

20 hours ago, mathematics said:

What knives would you recommend for a home cook? Mostly vegetarian cooking. Happy to spend a couple of hundred.

Also, what knife sharpener would you recommend? Not sure if I’m helping or fucking up with my Tesco sharpener.

I have a Global set, which I absolutely love, but have seen some folk complain about the handles hurting their hands.

On the knives, I have Global ones. I don't know how they compare to other high end ones having only used these, but I've have them now for 17 years. At this point, I'd probably like to get them professionally sharpened just to get them properly back to their best although I don't know where to send them. But they are 17 years in and compared to your average kitchen knife, they still cut like razors. 

I can speak on the handles hurting hands because I'm a man and not a little sissy boy like @Rugster

28 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Must be close to the nicest thing iv ever made, but without doubt the prettiest

20240106_193746.jpg

Looks sensational! What is it all? Tiger prawn? Samphire?

4 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Doesn’t shop in Asda.

Morrisons for all.of that. It still just about beats the rest when you're looking for something outside the box, but not what it used to be. One of my biggest bugbears re cooking tbh, just how hard it is to get certain ingredients etc

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Fucking hell, that sounds immense!

Cheers M9. It was pretty good. Didn't get a photo of my main course.... Reverse seared fillet.of beet with caramelised baby shallots, mashed potato, peas dressed with herb oil and a red wine sauce. Sounds better than it was if I'm being brutally honest

On 30/12/2023 at 21:45, mathematics said:

Global knives are shite if you are using them all day, I love my Robert Welsh ones comfortable handle can use all day no bother.

Global do keep their edge nicely so if you are just using them for evening meals and such they will be fine.