Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

3 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

So to level up you repeatedly catch the same Pokemon and use the candies they have?

Unless I'm missing something, I think that's the only way to evolve your Pokémon. You can catch wild evolved forms, which is glorious, but not all that common.

Just evolved one of my Weedles. It seems you get 3 candies when you catch a Pokemon, then if you transfer that Pokemon you get an additional 1 (but lose that Pokemon). 

Caught a Golbat and Tentacruel and have seen some second evolutions like Pidgeotto and Hypno.

You get loads of candies if you hatch a pokemon too. After catching an Omanyte this morning, my 10km egg hatched and... TADA... a fecking Omanyte came hither :(

My eggs have all been quite shit.

I evolved my Eevee today which became a Flareon. It seems to just choose randomly which form you get.

I don't mind this, as it means I didn't have to pick between them, but will be disappointed if I evolve another Eevee and get the same result.

You get loads of candies if you hatch a pokemon too. After catching an Omanyte this morning, my 10km egg hatched and... TADA... a fecking Omanyte came hither [emoji20]

My eggs have all been quite shit.

Got a Pikachu in my 2km egg, a Geodude in another 2km egg & currently waiting on a 10km egg.

32 minutes ago, Widge said:

Is it just in city centres and built up areas? I've just walked through Roseburn on my way home and there's absolutely nothing out here?

Definitely a lot more success in residential areas. I had the same idea and went to a local park that had a pond - looking for water Pokemon. There was absolutely nothing nearby. 

Most of the Pokemon I found were in my own street.

Definitely more in town areas than in the "wild". I live on the outskirts of Perth, seen nothing until I threw an incense down, now getting rakes of Weedles and Bellsprouts. Evolved my Weedle into a Kakuna, praying for a Beedrill soon

8650038198fbf818a42f18f8ed9ff97e.jpg

Solid start after half a day. Theres a gym next to my work, so hoping to at least see whats there tomorrow

Girlfriend dropped an Incense and got a 97 Pidgeotto, I've got a couple of 10 Weedles :lol:

Edited by RandomGuy.