Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

What's the point in levelling up Pokemon once you've completed the game? Genuinely interested as it's never appealed to me considering it's nigh on impossible completing the full pokedex.

Because you can get better pokemon that way.

I don't think it's impossible to catch all the Pokemon in this game. The only problem I can see is that I have no way of getting the Platinum legendaries. Might end up buying one if I earn some money during easter but not looking likely atm.

Just went into White Forest, level 5 pokemon? Will be looking to catch an absolute tonne here though.

I don't think it's impossible to catch all the Pokemon in this game. The only problem I can see is that I have no way of getting the Platinum legendaries. Might end up buying one if I earn some money during easter but not looking likely atm.

Just went into White Forest, level 5 pokemon? Will be looking to catch an absolute tonne here though.

I know I aint going to complete it, but I want to see and catch as many as I can, think I have seen 320+ and caught about 75+ so far, considring I caught about 20 yesterday and evolved them all the way I thought I did alright for a coulpe of hours work.

Oh aye and I forgot about challenger cave, went in once, needed flash, came out, but if you can catch a riolu then I am heading there, problem is, does it not only evolve when its happiness is up, if so thats a fucking pain, cause I can never figure out how happy it is, or what to do to make it happy.

cynthia is doing my nut in, her lv. 77 Garchmp is a bloody beast, plus I would have k.o'd all of her, if fucking Thunder hadn't missed her Braviary 3 whole times.

Make the riolu hold a soothe bell and battle with it. Don't let it die. I'm also assuming there is someone in the game who can give your pokemon a massage each day. Pretty much rinse and repeat the above to increase happiness.

Ahh fair enough well atm I am just wandering about catching as I go, bought 200 ultra balls an I am basically working my way through the game again catching the ones I missed, up to 2 whole boxes full now, so about 85+ caught.

That's what I mean though, why catch better Pokemon when you've already completed the game? (I can understand the Legendaries)

That's what I mean though, why catch better Pokemon when you've already completed the game? (I can understand the Legendaries)

Well it is technically the aim of the game(to "catch 'em all"). I'm like Widge, I want to try and catch as many as I can. I used to also love having my Hall of Fame with loads of different pokemon.

Oh and Widge, there's a person in Nacrene City and Iccirus that rates your happiness. I tried to post the box straight from bulbapedia but it kept crashing P&B so I'll just post the link, My link

Well it is technically the aim of the game(to "catch 'em all"). I'm like Widge, I want to try and catch as many as I can. I used to also love having my Hall of Fame with loads of different pokemon.

Oh and Widge, there's a person in Nacrene City and Iccirus that rates your happiness. I tried to post the box straight from bulbapedia but it kept crashing P&B so I'll just post the link, My link

Right, shouldn't be too hard now, the problem is finding the Riolu and catching it, I haven't bothered looking, I am still steadily working my way through the pokedex, up to about 340 seen and 100 caught. Also for Riolu, I know happiness increases when levelled up, but they start at lv. 50, which makes levelling it up difficult, I suppose the easiest way to increase happiness is by catching it in a luxury ball, if I remeber correctly you get them at the pokemon league and they instantly make a newly caught happy.

Right, shouldn't be too hard now, the problem is finding the Riolu and catching it, I haven't bothered looking, I am still steadily working my way through the pokedex, up to about 340 seen and 100 caught. Also for Riolu, I know happiness increases when levelled up, but they start at lv. 50, which makes levelling it up difficult, I suppose the easiest way to increase happiness is by catching it in a luxury ball, if I remeber correctly you get them at the pokemon league and they instantly make a newly caught happy.

Think so, I'm probably gonna catch one, then evolve it to Lucario and breed it then evolve the level 5 Riolu, just so I've got a better moveset.

Think so, I'm probably gonna catch one, then evolve it to Lucario and breed it then evolve the level 5 Riolu, just so I've got a better moveset.

Yeah, I will catch one as well, but I dont intent to use it, in fact I dont envisage any new pokemon getting into my party, considering that all 6 are at about lv. 75,, with Emboar at lv. 80.

I still try and do that in my games. I usually have a low level pokemon with me after the first turn to help with leveling up. I think experimenting with a different combination of pokemon, abilities and moves is half the fun of the games.

I still try and do that in my games. I usually have a low level pokemon with me after the first turn to help with leveling up. I think experimenting with a different combination of pokemon, abilities and moves is half the fun of the games.

Well I can add Kyurem and Thundurus to the possible Hall of Fame candidates now biggrin.gif

My Pokedex is sitting at about 41 the now. I like how you get the Exp Share quite early in the game :)

Very true. Getting it before the third gym will come in really handy. I'm about to fire into it before the football tonight as I haven't played for a few days due to college work. Beating Burgh will be on the agenda, as I caught Victini when I last played.

I made the silly mistake of catching a male Combee and wondered why it wouldn't evolve. Silly me.

My pokedex is coming along nicely, up to seen 350+ and caught 115+, with about 20 or so I need to evolve, oh and even though I killed Thundurue, it has turned up again and this time I have only weakened it, just need to find it again.

My Pokedex is sitting at about 41 the now. I like how you get the Exp Share quite early in the game :)

Very true. Getting it before the third gym will come in really handy.

What? I must have completely missed it! Who/where do you get it from?

I've been catching whilst I see them. I have caught 40/61. Most of the ones I haven't caught are evolutions though.

Edited by Smurph