Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

I was reminiscing about the old days of Blue and Red.

I mind my blue game save was absolutely unbeatable, my Blastoise was a fucking animal.

I also remember I completely filled my pokedex, then I remembered thinking "that guy in Celadon had a reward for me for this" (when you're 10 this shit is a big deal). So I hopped on Moltres, found the guy, and I was dribbling with excitement as he handed over...

a fucking certificate. <_< .

Couldn't have given me something useful, eh?

Has anyone ever thought of this way to get all the eevee - evolutions, put it in the daycare with ditto and get the 6 or what ever it is eggs and evolve them by the water stone, fire stone, thunder stone etc.

No offence, but "fucking duh" ... :huh:

Has anyone ever thought of this way to get all the eevee - evolutions, put it in the daycare with ditto and get the 6 or what ever it is eggs and evolve them by the water stone, fire stone, thunder stone etc.

Yes, loads of people.

Woosh.

:lol:

Oh, he got u guys. he got u guys good

After deciding I didn't want Suicune, I set my sights on Diglett's Cave. Can't catch Snorlax either. :(

Edit - just realised a horrible grammatical error, which wasn't in the first sentence.

Edited by Smurph

Red is fucking nuts. I've not been playing much with Uni work of late, but all his Pokémon are circa lv80 and above IIRC. Once my exams are over I'm going to train a team up to lv90 each (I've still to take on the post 16 badge revamped Elite Four. I caught a Shinx using the Sinnoh Sound and I'm planning to go in with Feraligatr, Espeon, Luxray, Dragonite, Ho-oh and A.N.Other

My defos' will be Typhlosion, Dragonite, Ampharos and Speedlax (My name for my Snorlax as I've loaded him with loads of Cabos to increase speed and he is now a monster.) and one other as I'll need to take my Onix for Mt Silver since it knows Rock smash strength rock climb etc. will I need surf to get through mount silver?

I'd recommend using the GTS Evolution trick to make sure your Onix is a Steelix before it. Much MUCH better Pokémon.

Alternatively, teach Rock Climb to a half-decent Pokémon.

My personal preference for effort values is to load them all up fairly equally (works out at about 10 of each bar 1 which gets 5). If the Pokemon has a high speed stat I'll only give it 5 Carbos, but with others I'll usually just give it 5 HP ups. First thing I did to the Eevee I evolved into Espeon was to load it up with Calcium and Carbos because non-legendary Psychics usually have horrific Defence/Special Defence stats anyway, so if you make them really fast and really high Special Attack, you get the most out of them.

I'd recommend using the GTS Evolution trick to make sure your Onix is a Steelix before it. Much MUCH better Pokémon.

Alternatively, teach Rock Climb to a half-decent Pokémon.

My personal preference for effort values is to load them all up fairly equally (works out at about 10 of each bar 1 which gets 5). If the Pokemon has a high speed stat I'll only give it 5 Carbos, but with others I'll usually just give it 5 HP ups. First thing I did to the Eevee I evolved into Espeon was to load it up with Calcium and Carbos because non-legendary Psychics usually have horrific Defence/Special Defence stats anyway, so if you make them really fast and really high Special Attack, you get the most out of them.

Can you possibly expand on the GTS trick you mentioned there? You know, incase anybody isn't sure what you're talking about... unsure.gif

Can you possibly expand on the GTS trick you mentioned there? You know, incase anybody isn't sure what you're talking about... unsure.gif

Click

Essentially you can trigger trade evolutions without actually trading your Pokémon.

1. Put up the Pokémon you want to evolve (with any relevant held item) onto the GTS and ask for something ridiculous like a lv9 or under Mewtwo or something extremely unlikely/impossible to be fulfilled

2. Locate another trade that you CAN make successfully on the GTS and make it.

3. Withdraw the Pokémon you put on offer earlier. It should evolve as soon as you get it back

There is a risk of it being traded away but if you pick the desired Pokémon properly it shouldn't. If anything the most difficult part is finding a doable trade because so many people put up their lv2 Pidgey asking for a lv100 Dialga etc...

I found snorlax quite easy to get and it helps that he uses leftovers. I got quite lucky with Suicune as I only had 3 ultra balls left.

Got all 16 badges now off to beat Red sad.gif

Caught it there. Octillery weakened it with Hyper Beam a few times, and Ampharos with a damaging Thunderpunch took it to the red. Used my new Heavy Ball I got from my good friend Kurt and voila, I have a Snorlax for my box.

Went down to Cinnabar Island and found Blue. I can't find Blaine though. Do I need Rock Climb? If so, where do I get it?

Caught it there. Octillery weakened it with Hyper Beam a few times, and Ampharos with a damaging Thunderpunch took it to the red. Used my new Heavy Ball I got from my good friend Kurt and voila, I have a Snorlax for my box.

Went down to Cinnabar Island and found Blue. I can't find Blaine though. Do I need Rock Climb? If so, where do I get it?

Read the notice next to Blue. Cinnibar has been destroyed by an eruption and he's moved to the Seafoam Islands.

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd give this a bump, is nobody playing this anymore? I'm dividing my time on it between Kanto on HG and a new game of Platinum.

HG team is quite solid; Feraligatr, Donphan, Togekiss, Espeon, Magnezone and Arcanine. Going to train that up to beat Red, which will take a good bit of time. Didn't play this for a while but I'm getting back into it.

On Platinum, right now I'm using Prinplup, Roselia, Meditite and Jolteon. Planning on fully evolving them and training them up, along with an Altaria and something else, right now I'm thinking Ursaring. When I'm done with that I want to make an Eeveelution team and see if I can beat the Elite 4 with it. I'll probably leave out Flareon since it's shit.

After I got my 16th gym badge, I've stopped playing. That normally happens for me. I might play it again simply to catch all the legendaries, but I can't be dicked training them all up an extra 20 levels to go play Red.

I'll post a few links concerning the Black and White games:

The legendaries (mascots) Reshiram and Zekrom - I think they look a bit... boring

Tsutarja, Pokabu and Mijumaru - They all look dreadful! Pokabu's like a Spoink, and Mijumaru just looks like an odd Piplup.

We also have Zorua and Zoroark confirmed, which look the best thus far.

I've been meaning to play, but I've been busy with other things. I've beaten Red about 5 times now and got the "other region" starters in-game from Oak and Steven. Caught all in-game legendaries except the non-roaming Lati@s and Rayquaza, which needs a Groudon to activate.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone every played on Shoddy Battle?

It's basically an online battle simulator, where you make up your team and battle people. It's pretty good fun, it's everything that's good about wifi battling without the months of building up a perfect team with perfect EVs, natures etc.

Anyway I was wondering if anyone would be interested in playing a tournament or something. Thought it could be pretty fun, you should have a look at it anyway.

www.shoddybattle.com

Edited by Zanetti

Anyone every played on Shoddy Battle?

It's basically an online battle simulator, where you make up your team and battle people. It's pretty good fun, it's everything that's good about wifi battling without the months of building up a perfect team with perfect EVs, natures etc.

Anyway I was wondering if anyone would be interested in playing a tournament or something. Thought it could be pretty fun, you should have a look at it anyway.

www.shoddybattle.com

I havent played pokemon for ages, but I would be up for that, just out of intrest how large is the file, cause I will just download it tommorow.

• 1 month later...

Bought Ruby quite recently and have been chugging through it. Got to the psychic gym and couldn't get past Solrock and Lunatone double team. Went through this big adventure catching like four Cavanhas and evolving them into Sharpedo, taught them all surf and dive. Then when I got to the battle, first two, both level 33, owned them with a couple of surfs. I felt slightly stupid. Can't get anywhere near Groudon though, I'm going back and trying to catch a Ralts and gonna level it up so it learns Hypnosis and then put Groudon to sleep before trying to catch it. 4% chance of running into it though :(