Fans Chants

Tormod Macleod

Watching the game on the TV I'm astounded by the chants coming from the stands.

"Taylor, get tae f**k!"

"Sack the board!"

I suppose it's Taylor and the board's fault that the players are pish <_<

I guess they were singing these chants because they feel that Taylor's position is as untennable as what Berti's was. This current board has done nothing for Scottish football apart from drag it downwards. As for the 'One Gordon Strachan' chant, they were probably singing that because they know that Taylor and his cronies don't have the balls to appoint someone that won't stand for their pish.

Guest BRFC Tartan Army
whys that ? Quashie was one of the only ones singing the national anthem and actually giving a toss last night . He was our best player on the park , he covered every inch of grass and fought for every cause.

the thing that annoys me is guys like McFadden can just walk into the team <_<

Im not questioning his ability, I think he is a good player, but I cant see the sense in picking someone who is english, when there are players out there that have been born and bred in Scotland

ye mate i know u werent questioning his abitility , thats what i'm saying , he was more passionate than any other player on that park ! he has even kissed the badge , i dont care if hes english he gave it his all last night , more than you can say about the rest of they wasters.

wasnt richard gough our captain aswell ?

Watching the game on the TV I'm astounded by the chants coming from the stands.

"Taylor, get tae f**k!"

"Sack the board!"

I suppose it's Taylor and the board's fault that the players are pish <_<

It's a lot easier to blame the board than the players.

I don't believe the two are mutually exclusive, and that part of the reason we have crap players now is due to the complacency of shown of those at Park Gardens and latterly Hampden over the years.

As others have said, we only have to look how far down we've been dragged in terms of our status in the world game.

We're a nation of five million people, with our national game being run by a bunch of incompetents amongst a zillion seperate organisations. It's a shambles, and surely anyone can see that!

Who exactly appointed those in charge at the SFA? Who are they SFA accountable to? What credentials do they exactly have in the game which gives them the power to make such important footballing decisions at national level?

I'm for one am glad that the authority of those at the free lunch club is finally being questioned, to their faces, by those that matter - the fans.

I think Quashie being captain is more than justified. A captain is someone who should lead by example and he has done that in every game I have seen him play, his passing and moving is something else, something that I wish the rest could pick up on. I don't think just because he was born in England or whatever he shouldn't be captain

Exactly, let's face it, beggars can't be choosers and right now we're beggars. If there were loads of candidates for the job, I'd rather have a Scotsman as captain but if Quashie as captain means things might improve, however slightly, I'm for it.

Guest BRFC Tartan Army
Hey, at least one of our national teams is doing us proud this week!

www.cricketscotland.co.uk

(awaits abuse)

I follow the Scotland cricket team, I watched them against Lancashire at Old Trafford and we beat them, I always look out for there results on teletext

why does charlie nicholas get abuse?

is it becuase he expressed an honest opinion which everyone else is probably thinking.

the self proclaimed brilliant tartan army need to get a grip sometimes.

This is where I agree with the abuse the tartan army sometimes dishes out. Charlie Nick is a w**k who never broke sweat for Scotland. He has nothing positive to say or contribute. Even the players have had a go at him.

I think Quashie being captain is more than justified. A captain is someone who should lead by example and he has done that in every game I have seen him play, his passing and moving is something else, something that I wish the rest could pick up on. I don't think just because he was born in England or whatever he shouldn't be captain

Have to agree with that 100%.Quashie was by far our best player last night,and seemed to be the only one really getting stuck in and trying to make things happen.

I too was mystified by the anger at Taylor..however..

I still maintain that sacking Vogts was a mistake, this is the worst selection of players available to the national team in its history...and at the moment we are minnows in european football..FACT

No manager including Gordon fecking Strachan who you'd think was the fecking messiah could make us qualify for any major tournament in the near future, and sacking Vogts during a campaign showed short sightedness and a lack of will against public opinon..So now we're a fecking shambles with no organastion or continuity going into the next competitive game...

No doubt we over achieved during the 70's and 80's and the weight of that expectation is still burdening our ' players '.

But it is now time for a reality check, i'd be surprised to see Scotland in a major tournament with the current generation so we could have a long wait.

So whoever gets the job ( thank feck we lost last night so it isn't gonna be Burns ) we must lower the expectations and give the guy a chance to build some kind of team spirit and get some continuity and organisation into the set-up.

This is our only hope with the current level of ability.

Without reading too much of this thread,the top dogs have to be held accountable as well IMO.Strachan is the man for the job,although we all know he won't take it.The Tarten Army are a patient bunch of people,but they have lost all faith in the system.

PS.How can a Celtic supporter who has a Irish flag in his avatar and probably singS sectarian sh*te on a Saturday can comment is comicable IMO.

Guest BRFC Tartan Army
Without reading too much of this thread,the top dogs have to be held accountable as well IMO.Strachan is the man for the job,although we all know he won't take it.The Tarten Army are a patient bunch of people,but they have lost all faith in the system.

PS.How can a Celtic supporter who has a Irish flag in his avatar and probably singS sectarian sh*te on a Saturday can comment is comicable IMO.

I was thinking that myself

Taylor boasts that he has done such a great job because the SFA now has a turnover of £20 million. Well Mr. Taylor, where is all that money going? A bit of investment in youth development wouldn't go amiss. Obviously the last 15 years have been a write off in terms of bringing through young players, but if the next 15 go the same way we'll be so far down the UEFA pot placings that we'll never qualify for anything ever again. What's more, Taylor is responsible for the debacle that was Vogts' reign.

As for Davie, who cares about his tricolour, this thread isn't about that, if he wants to support Scotland, he's entitled to express his opinion. PLenty of other threads have and will slag him about tricolours etc.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TheKiwiBear

Listen to this pish, questioning Nigel Quashie's 'Scottishness'. Quashie's mum was Scottish, his grandfather was a proud Scot, and although he was born and brought up in England, with a West Indian father, what matters is that he feels Scottish, he wants to play for Scotland, and is extremely proud to do so. That he actually makes an effort to sing the national anthemn should come as a welcome and refreshing burst of life.

Over the years I've watched Scotland line-ups stand there, passionlessly drab, as the anthem is played. Where is the fire?! Other nations are proud of their national anthem. The players need to discard this "Oh, poor wee us" attitude and start to fuckin' believe in themselves. This 'heroic failure' romantic bullshit gig we're all on has got us to where we are. Its not "romantic failure" anymore, its just "out-and-out bullshit failure, minus the baubles".

As much as I hate the England team, at the very least you can say they go out there with some sort of delusional self-belief that helps them get a result here and there. Sure, if you don't have ability, fair enough. But don't go down like some damp eyed pussy, get your head up, get on with it, and get fuckin stuck in.

I hope Walter Smith instills some fight in this team. I'm sick to death of all the fuckin drwas with the Faroe Islands, Luxembourg, Estonia, and Umma Gumma Land. Let's play someone and give them a decent ram-rogering. Even if its Equatorial Guinea in a game of Tennents Sixes.

And Gordon Strachan is a wee ginger bullshit artist. He doesn't want the Scotland job. A good hard cucumber right up the cacker is what he wants, the fuckin' blazing pervert.

The Kiwi bear

Archived