Snow!

xbl

Turned into a nice, sunny (albeit cold) evening up the Braes.

Not half an hour after saying this, another flurry up here :lol:

It's still quite bright and sunny, bizarrely.

No snow here but it's really cold outside. I'm sitting here in front of my big f**k off log burner with two of the biggest chunks of hawthorn I had. You cant beat it. :D

My folks had a fuckoff huge log fire when they stayed in the country, it was superb, although it never beat my granparents coal fire for sheer heat. They used to burn pine, which gave off a great smell....

Only downside was the smell of burning dog hair as the mutts used to practically sit in it, they were as close to it as possible. Any sparks would singe the hair....

My folks had a fuckoff huge log fire when they stayed in the country, it was superb, although it never beat my granparents coal fire for sheer heat. They used to burn pine, which gave off a great smell....

Only downside was the smell of burning dog hair as the mutts used to practically sit in it, they were as close to it as possible. Any sparks would singe the hair....

:lol:

I have an open fire in the drawing room but you have to be careful what type of wood you burn in an open fire. Anything that spits and your carpet is fucked dry.gif You get every bit as good a heat with properly seasoned wood as you do from coal and as you say, it smells nicer too.

I have a couple of log burning stoves in the house which are just fantastic things. I have old stables that I can put the seasoned wood into and I have got a huge pile of it, probably enough to last me three or four years now. When its dry it burns hot and lasts for bloody ages too. You do needs loads of space to store wood or youll end up having to burn the crap unseasoned shite that log sellers flog(telling you its perfectly dry of course)

I kept the thorn back for really cold nights as a big log will burn hot for hours :D Didn't think Id be needing it at this stage in the year though. Ridiculous weather.

• 1 month later...

3rd of fuckin may.

On wednesday we ripped a boy for wearing shorts all day at work ( he was even threatening to go for a dook in the sea at break ) and now its a blizzard at times.

Great.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...